Vendors are a broad category of NPCs that provide a variety of services where the player can buy, sell or buyback previously sold items with the NPC. Services includes guild services, karma merchants, and so on. A vendor's trade often appears in brackets after their name (e.g. "Boudin [Baker]"). A floating icon may appear above their head to represent their vendor type that in most cases, is the same icon on the map.
Types of vendors
- The most common and widespread type of vendor is a merchant and the one players are most aware of. Merchants accept coin and other currencies in exchange for items.
- Master Craftsmen can act as merchants.
- Renown Hearts are converted into vendors that accept karma after their associated task is completed.
- There are certain unique vendors that accept special currency or tokens.
|Bandit Crest Collector||Various||Accepts Bandit Crests only.|
|Bartender||Alcohol||Accepts coin only.|
|Cryptobotanist||Bandit Crests||Accepts Mordrem Parts only.|
|Cultural armorsmith||Armor||Accepts coin only.|
|Cultural weaponsmith||Weapons||Accepts karma only.|
|Dungeon Armor and Weapons||Various||Accepts dungeon currencies only.|
|Ectoplasm merchant||Various||Accepts Globs of Ectoplasm only.|
|Festival Merchant||Various||Accepts Festive material and Festival Tokens only.|
|Guild Armorer|| Armor skins
|Must represent guild.|
|Guild commendation trader||Various||Accepts Guild commendation only.|
|Guild Promoter||Influence||Historical. Had to represent guild.|
|Guild Weaponsmith||Weapon skins||Must represent guild.|
|Karma merchant||Various||Accepts karma only.|
|Laurel Merchant||Various||Accepts laurels only.|
|Merchant||Various||Accepts coin only.|
|Repairs||Repairs||Repairs damaged armor.|
|Zephyrite merchant||Various||Accepts Geodes only.|
Speaking to a vendor displays the interface window. Vendors will have some or all of the following tabs:
- Buy: The default merchant tab allows item purchase. Multiple merchant tabs may be displayed, each with a different selections of items. Hover over items to see statistics. Stats listed in green are better than those for the currently-equipped equivalent item; red stats are worse. Select the item then hit the Buy button on the bottom right.
- Sell: Displays all items available for sale sorted by containing bags. All vendors use the same price for items. Items sold by vendors can be sold back for 1/8th of their original value. Select the item then hit the Sell button on the bottom right. All junk items in your inventory may be sold at once by selecting the Sell Junk button. Items without an original value cannot be sold, but some may be listed on the Trading Post.
- Buyback: Displays all items available for buyback. Items sold to a vendor may be bought back from any other vendor at the sell price, provided you have not left the zone or logged off since selling the items.
- Vendors do not actually sell their items themselves, but trigger access to an hidden shop entity which is the one actually managing the sales. As a result, under certain situations is possible to keep a shop open indefinitely. Sometimes even if the NPC leaves, or both the NPC and the player are defeated.