New Kaineng City
New Kaineng City
3 4 38 9 5
Click to enlarge.
New Kaineng is Cantha’s heart, a modern metropolis that captivates people from all walks of life. Take in the view on the top levels, marvel at the possibilities of jade tech—and stay out of trouble.
New Kaineng City (New Emperor's City in Old Canthan) is a zone on the northwestern coast of Cantha. A megalopolis in the Empire of the Dragon, it is located south of the Old Kaineng City ruins and bordered by the Echovald Forest on the southeast.
New Kaineng is the largest and most developed urban area in Cantha, featuring multiple street levels and high rise buildings, served by the latest advancements in the dragonjade technology. Headquarters of the Ministries of Cantha and the Xunlai Jade corporation are located here, as well as several research laboratories and the Central Power Station that provides power to the entire city.
- Playing the fifth End of Dragons chapter The Scenic Route will lead to this map.
- From Seitung Province: Take the Portal in the northern Part of the map near Haiju Docks Waypoint.
- From Arborstone, the portal is a bit NW of where the Arborstone Portal Scroll teleports you to; or NW of Danika's Respite (which, in turn, is NW of Arborstone WP [&BGMNAAA=])
- Primary article: New Kaineng#History
- Gift of New Kaineng City
- Lamplighter's Badge
- One of the following, depending on your profession:
- Chance at one of the following:
New Kaineng City features a challenging environment for navigation because of the large differences in heights. There are very few area where there are multiple levels at the same location but getting from point A to B may require walking around building while using a Springer or skyscale to go over may take longer. There are several transportations options available:
- A limited number of Waypoints are available several of which are not accessible during events
- Teleporters allow point to point movements. These do require a Jade Bot with power core and charge; most have a battery nearby. Not all teleporters are available all the times. During the start of the meta event most are offline and will trigger events.
- Raptor Taxi at various locations throughout the city allow you to mount a Raptor which will auto navigate to another location.
- Zip Line allow you to cross elevations throughout Cantha.
- Springer with High Vault or Skyscale does allow you to navigate the height but the use of ledges is required to traverse the different levels. The map can be 100% completed, including all mastery points, with just careful use of Springer and gliding without using any jade bot or zip-lines.
- Stairs tried and true, useful for Raptor but also as platforms for Springer and Skyscale
To facilitate navigation the following map roughly shows elevation and means of transportation.
- Coloured Areas. Note that there are variations within the area and not all areas of the same colour have the same height.
- Green is (at least) one springer vault from ground level
- Red (at least) one springer vault above green. When moving around a red area on ground level walking around is typically faster than going over.
- Yellow areas show underpasses typically at ground level.
- Blue arrows are Zip Lines point upward
- Yellow arrows are stairs the ground level start point has a yellow G from there nearby arrow form a rough path up.
- The red T marks a teleporter with its the name.
To facilitate navigation the following map shows Stairs, Zip Lines and Teleporters in clear lines and symbols.
- Meta Event
- Kaineng Blackout
- This meta includes several of the events listed below, only at increased intervals
- Fishing Events
- Kaineng Fishing Tournament Sign-Up (80)
- Kaineng Fishing Tournament Sign-Up (80)
- Skiff Race
- Other events
- Help the sailors deliver their goods (80)
- Fend off the leviathan (80) [Group Event]
- Free the fishermen from naga cages (80)
- Protect the fisherman and slay Unchained Risen in the area (80)
- Transfer discharged jade batteries to the battery crate (80)
- Gather the spilled volatile batteries! (80)
- Restrain the haywire vendor mech! (80)
- Stop the security mech before it self-destructs! (80)
- Defrag the signal fragments and defeat sparks! (80)
- Protect the technicians from the Jade Brotherhood attackers (80)
- Catch the battery thief! (80)
- Defeat the pair of Jade Brotherhood thieves! (80)
- Catch the runaway custodial mech! (80)
- Attend the particularly posh party (80)
- Jade Brotherhood Agent (80)
- Recover tea crates from the Jade Brotherhood (80)
- Search the Ministry of Archives for Purist propaganda (80)
- Defeat the Purist! (80)
- Defeat the sparks before the battery overloads! (80)
- Escort Miju as they race against the clock! (80)
- Defeat the kappa attacking the food cart (80)
- Protect the repair crew (80)
- Thwart the Purist agitators! (80)
- Defeat the Purist champion. (80) [Group Event]
- Protect the technicians from the Unchained Risen attackers (80)
- Reclaim the boathouse from the Unchained Risen (80)
- Pacify restless spirits to unlock the vault door (80)
- Bring scrap to Officer Ji-Hu (80)
- Escort Corvus to the processing center (80)
- Defeat the Oni (80) [Group Event]
- Resource nodes
- Herb Seedlings
- Cluster of Canthan Herbs
- Bamboo Sapling
- Mithril Ore
- Orichalcum Ore
Tunnel under the Soojung Heights.
Tunnel under the Garden Heights.
Garden of the Celestials building.
Bell of the Pool of Tranquility.
- Concept art
Original concept art for the loading screen before the removal of the horse. The red sign in the above concept art (mid-right) reads: 北八道集团 (North Eight Road Group)
New Kaineng City pre-launch art with night scene powered by Dragonjade: Purple sign (middle) reads 無料案内所 (Free information center), lanterns (top-right) reads やきとり (Yakitori), blue text below lanterns read ネット (net)
Detective Rama and Navan on the right.
- During the New Kaineng City Map Tour stream, Connor Fallon accidentally killed a pettable kitten with dev commands, much to the surprise of Rubi Bayer and Indigo Boock. Upon release, a small memorial can now be found at the location. If you pet the kitten to the left of the memorial, it will die in front of you. Another kitten will spawn to the right, and can be petted.
- Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons - New Kaineng trailer, youtube.com
- ^ Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons Winter Livestream Broadcast Schedule, GuildWars2.com