New Kaineng Fishing Tournament (Yu)
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the event organized by Tournament Organizer Yu. For the other event with the same name, see New Kaineng Fishing Tournament (Wu).
This article is about the Kaineng Docks tournament. For other tournaments, see Fishing Tournament (disambiguation).
New Kaineng Fishing Tournament
- The fishing tournament is underway! Catch as many fish as you can in the allotted time!
- Total fish caught: x
- Tournament time remaining: 8:00
These are the expected rewards for a level 80 player.
- Writ of Seitung Province
- Bag of Fish
- One random item. At least the following are known to drop:
The point of the event is to earn more points than your opponents, either by catching more fish or higher quality fish.
- To participate, it is required to sign up, earning the Tournament Participant effect.
- The fish can be caught either from open water or the fishing nodes in the event area.
- Catching fish will grant different amounts of Tournament Points:
- Junk — 0 points
- Basic — 1 point
- Fine — 1 point
- Masterwork — 1 point
- Rare — 3 points
- Exotic — 3 points
- Legendary — x[verification requested] points
- Having the most tournament points grants Frontrunner Status, which is required to win the tournament (but not necessary to earn rewards).
- Event start
- Tournament Organizer Yu: It's tournament time! Get ready to cast off...and GO FISH!
- Tournament Organizer Yu: Let's get started! No time like the present. Reels ready...and BEGIN!
- Tournament Organizer Yu: It's time to get fishing! Everyone, steady yourselves, and...START!
- Possible idle chat from Tournament Organizer Yu during event
- Tournament Organizer Yu: You'll be living off chum if you keep casting like that!
- Tournament Organizer Yu: Fishing: good for the body, the soul, and everything in between!
- Tournament Organizer Yu: I've caught more bass in one afternoon than some of these fellas catch all month!
- Tournament Organizer Yu: (whistles) Now that's one hell of a catch.
- Tournament Organizer Yu: Done like an old pro. Catch a few more, you'll be half as good as me.
- Tournament Organizer Yu: You could feed half the harbor with that thing. Nice catch.
- Tournament Organizer Yu for the winner
- Tournament Organizer Yu: That was some fine fishing outta you, guppy. Or should I say "Fishmaster." Congrats!
- Tournament Organizer Yu: Now everyone who passes my fish shack will know who the ace angler is in town. After me, of course.
- Tournament Organizer Yu: Almost forgot: here, it's good for two, so bring a hot date. And if I'm busy, I'm sure you can find somebody else.
- Tournament Organizer Yu for other participants
- Tournament Organizer Yu: Annnnd time's up! Thanks for coming out! You all gave a fine effort, and that's nothing to sneeze at.