Appearance before the Marionette encounter begins in private instances.
The Mist Stranger is a mysterious person informing adventurers about limited time events, such as the memory of the Twisted Marionette and related achievements. They also provide rewards for participating in these limited time events.
- Plains of Ashford
- Eye of the North
- The Twisted Marionette
- Wayfarer Foothills
- Caledon Forest
- Metrica Province
- In Hall of Monuments
- Viewed through the Scrying Pool, many possibilities exist. Will you face the Twisted Marionette again with your allies?
- I'm ready to relive the battle. (Marionette—Private Squad)
- Not right now.
- Inside the marionette instance
- When your group is ready, have your leader speak with me. Until then, I will suspend the flow of this memory.
- My team is ready to defeat the Marionette. (starts the instance timer, the Mist Stranger soon disappears)
- I'll be back
During Halloween Bonus Bash
- While the Halloween Bonus Bash special event is active
- Welcome, <Character's specialization>. This world is in need of heroes your caliber. Prove yourself; reach level 10 and I will lend you a weapon to help forge your way.
I've gained the strength required. (If level 10 or above)
- Well done. I will grant you a selection of main-hand weapons appropriate for a <Character's specialization>, but only once. Be confident in your choice.
Give me a <Character's profession> weapon.
- Then take this, and may it guide your path. Pick your favorite of the weapons within.
- Thank you.
- I've been thinking of trying other professions. Let me get back to you.
How much time do I have?
- I cannot linger here forever; once the event that spurred me to these lands ends, I must depart. Perhaps we will meet again one day. I recommend you take action.
- I'll get to it.
- I'll be back.
- Allready received a weapon chest
- Welcome again, <Character name>. I hope your journey will continue to bring hope to Tyria, as did the heroes of the past.
- Thanks for the encouragement.
Note: This is a one-time per account proposition
- While the Wrath of the Twisted Marionette event is active
- The waters of the scrying pool stir—the memory of the Twisted Marionette intrudes on Tyria's reality.
- Show me the achievements.
"Intrudes on reality?"
- The Mists are a sea of never-ending possibility. In another time line, the marionette may have prevailed. You cannot allow such an event to ever happen, therefore you must relive and relearn.
Other than the joy of winning, what's in it for me?
- If victorious in reliving that moment, you may recover stable salvage and trophies that you can extract. Should this crisis be resolved with your aid, I will also reward your efforts.
- I'll consider it.
You seem to know a bit about the Mists.
- Consider me a...warden of Tyria, not unlike you. I felt my guidance would be of aid. Who I am is no concern. At least for now.
- Always another crisis...
- The ripples have subsided—the Twisted Marionette returns to a memory.
- May it remain there.
- Wrath of the Twisted Marionette: Wrath of the Twisted Marionette Global Victory — Speak with the Mist Stranger in the Eye of the North once the global goals have been met. (0) (Historical)
- The Mist Stranger was originally introduced standing at the Scrying Pool during the Wrath of the Twisted Marionette bonus event and was later removed. The NPC was re-added in the August 31, 2021 update, this time placed at the main hall outside where they can be interacted with to enter the marionette event.
- The profession chests he gives during the Halloween Bonus Bash special event are as follows: