I was your herald, back when you were first exploring Tyria with Destiny's Edge. You must have gotten all my letters?
Lady Camilla Einshorn is the Pact Commander's personal herald who has been documenting their rise as well as their legend and exploits and informing them of events taking place in dungeons. Her identity is revealed once she appears for the first time in person in the Domain of Kourna. Talking to her for the first time unlocks Rude Awakening, The Tyrian Service Medal and The Gandaran Service Medal.
Lady Camilla Einshorn was a collector of tales of great daring and heroism and learned of the deeds of the hero, who would become known as the Pact Commander, from stories that had been reported to her in 1325 AE. She spoke with the Commander's mentor from Destiny's Edge who suggested that she contact the hero to add their stories to her collection.
In her first letter, Camilla did not outright name herself, preferring to go by "Your Herald" while explaining some of her background and asking for a favor from the Commander. She was curious about the reasons why Destiny's Edge had fallen apart since 1320 AE and hoped that the Commander could help her uncover what had happened while making sure the Commander was kept up to date with what Destiny's Edge members were doing in Tyria.
Throughout the year, the Commander used the provided information to help Destiny's Edge fight their way through various dangerous dungeons while Camilla often contacted Destiny's Edge members to investigate matters in various locations or call some members to help others as was the case with summoning Logan Thackeray and Rytlock Brimstone to assist Zojja in the Crucible of Eternity. After defeating initial threats in each dungeon and seeing Destiny's Edge members move on to other challenges, the Commander received more letters from Camilla who urged the Commander to continue exploring the dungeons while bringing attention to lingering issues such as rising threats and surviving enemies of whom she had been informed.
Lady Camilla continued chronicling the Pact Commander's actions in the following years and eventually decided to meet them face to face after traveling to the Domain of Kourna alongside other allies in the war against Palawa Joko in 1331 AE. Upon settling in Zelbahn Garrison which the Commander had cleared of hostile Awakened forces, Camilla sent a letter to the Commander and asked for a meeting. Upon encountering her idol, she could hardly contain her excitement before finally introducing herself as the mysterious Herald from the Commander's past.
With the proper introductions done, Camilla proposed to create a banner wrought from the very best material which the Commander could carry into battle as a personal item to inspire both valor and terror. In exchange for making the banner and a suitable ornament for it, she asked the Commander to hunt for rare materials in Kourna and to spread their fame by participating in heroic battles throughout Tyria. With the deeds done and crafting finished by both Camilla and the Commander, she presented her idol with her ultimate gift: the Ascended Banner of the Dauntless Commander.
In 1332 AE, Camilla joined the allied forces who traveled from Central Tyria and Elona to aid the Commander in the war against the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik. After arriving at the Auditorium of Thunderhead Keep, she witnessed the Commander's inspirational speech on the eve of battle and participated in the fight against Kralkatorrik when the Elder Dragon was lured into the keep. Although the allied forces were able to wound Kralkatorrik, the Crystal Dragon successfully killed the Commander's dragon companion Aurene before departing from the keep and left the Commander and allies mourning Aurene's passing.
- Domain of Kourna - Slightly north of the Allied Encampment Waypoint — .
Eye of the North Services
|Unlock Trading Post Rep||Service||Exotic||+ 10,500|
|Unlock Bank||Service||Exotic||50 0 0 + 10,500|
|Unlock Specialist Vendors||Service||Exotic||10 + 10,500|
|Unlock Armorsmithing Station||Service||Exotic||+ 10,500|
|Unlock Artificing Station||Service||Exotic||+ 10,500|
|Unlock Cooking Station||Service||Exotic||+ 10,500|
|Unlock Huntsman's Station||Service||Exotic||+ 10,500|
|Unlock Jeweling Station||Service||Exotic||+ 10,500|
|Unlock Leatherworking Station||Service||Exotic||+ 10,500|
|Unlock Tailor Station||Service||Exotic||+ 10,500|
|Unlock Weaponsmithing Station||Service||Exotic||+ 10,500|
|Unlock Eternal Ice Trader||Service||Exotic||+ 10,500|
|Unlock Hatched Chili Trader||Service||Exotic||+ 10,500|
Domain of Kourna items
|Vision of Equipment: Banner of the Commander||Trophy||Exotic|
|Lacquered Banner Pole||Crafting material||Exotic||+ + +|
|Recipe: Banner Pennon||Recipe sheet||Exotic|
|Urn of "Heroic" Ashes||Crafting material||Ascended|
|Vial of Awakened Blood||Crafting material||Exotic||1 0 0|
|Recipe: Banner of the Commander||Recipe sheet||Exotic||1 0 0|
|Recipe: Banner of the Dauntless Commander||Recipe sheet||Ascended||1 0 0|
|Heroic Banner Ornament||Crafting material||Ascended||1 0 0|
- Urn of "Heroic" Ashes is only available if the player has consumed Recipe: Banner of the Dauntless Commander.
- Vial of Awakened Blood is only available if the player has finished the Rude Awakening achievement.
- Recipe: Banner of the Dauntless Commander is only available if the player has finished the More Than a Hero achievement.
- Heroic Banner Ornament is only available if the player has finished the Valor Beyond Valor achievement.
In Domain of Kourna
- Oh my! It's really you. You're even more majestic in the flesh.
- (on first interaction, unlocks Rude Awakening, The Tyrian Service Medal and The Gandaran Service Medal)
Pardon me, do we know each other?
- Yes! Well, no. Not exactly. I'm your herald. I've been chronicling your heroic exploits. You've received my correspondence before.
I'm honored to have such a dedicated fan. What are you doing here?
- I've come with a proposal. I wish to create a monument to your greatness. Nothing so trivial as a portrait or statue—rather, an item you can carry into battle to inspire both valor AND terror.
- Intriguing. What sort of item?
- (after obtaining Banner Ornament)
Say, can we add this ornament to the banner?
- THAT ornament? I mean, it's... well, it's a rather unremarkable adornment, isn't it? Hardly befitting your legend.
- Now now, hold on, let me apply a little something here... Ah, there. I've imbued it with magic that should resonate with heroic deeds.
And now we add it to the banner?
- What? No, no! It isn't worthy of you yet—it needs to bear witness to your greatness. Travel about Gandara and Tyria. Perform mighty deeds. Slay fearsome beasts. Steep it into your heroism.
- I'll see what I can do.
- (on subsequent interactions)
- What have you got for me?
- I have to go.
In Eye of the North
- Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire
- <Character name>! I heard you and Aurene were here, so I followed the Crystal Bloom to join you. These halls are legendary. And a good place to make your own.
Make my own?
- Just say the word, and I'll arrange for more services here to support you. You could do a lot with this place.
- What kind of services are we talking about here?
- I'll let you know.
- Let's talk later.
- Champions — Chapter 1: Truce
- <Character name>, everyone's been gathering here to help you and Aurene against the dragons. I'll do what I can—let me know if you need an update!
It looks like new allies are gathering here.
- Everyone is pulling together. The newcomers would appreciate your help boosting morale and supplies—talk with their quartermaster to find out what they need!
- Thanks, I'm on my way.
I see more weaponsmiths have arrived.
- They're developing weapons that harness Aurene's blessing. Should come in handy against the Elder Dragons. See if you can help them. I bet they'd appreciate it.
- Got it.
How's everyone holding up?
- To tell the truth, people are scared. It would help to see you leading the charge. We're routing the asura gate directly to hot zones.
- I'm on my way.
- Let's look at services to recruit for the Eye of the North.
- Let's talk later.
- I didn't see you there.
- It's hard to prosper nowadays, but we try.
- How do you do?
- How can I help you.
- Long Live the Lich: The Gandaran Service Medal — Acquire all the available medals from the Gandaran campaign. (1 )
- Long Live the Lich: The Tyrian Service Medal — Acquire all the available medals from the Tyrian campaign. (1 )
- Long Live the Lich: Valor Beyond Valor — Receive the Gandaran Service Medal and the Tyrian Service Medal. (1)
- Long Live the Lich: Rude Awakening — Kill Awakened and collect their blood. (3)
- Long Live the Lich: More Than a Hero — Craft the Banner of the Commander. (5)
- Long Live the Lich: More than a Hero, a Symbol — Craft the Banner of the Dauntless Commander. (5 )
- Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire: Preparing the Eye (5 )
- ^ Your Herald's introductory letter to dungeons
- ^ See the letters by Your Herald for the story and explorable modes for Ascalonian Catacombs, Caudecus's Manor, Twilight Arbor, Sorrow's Embrace, Citadel of Flame, Honor of the Waves, Crucible of Eternity, and The Ruined City of Arah.
- ^ Allied Encampment ambient dialogue