I was your herald, back when you were first exploring Tyria with Destiny's Edge. You must have gotten all my letters?
Lady Camilla Einshorn is the Pact Commander's personal herald who has been documenting their rise as well as their legend and exploits and informing them of events taking place in dungeons. Her identity is revealed once she appears for the first time in person in the Domain of Kourna. Talking to her for the first time unlocks Rude Awakening, The Tyrian Service Medal and The Gandaran Service Medal.
Lady Camilla Einshorn was a collector of tales of great daring and heroism and learned of the deeds of the hero, who would become known as the Pact Commander, from stories that had been reported to her in 1325 AE. She spoke with the Commander's mentor from Destiny's Edge who suggested that she contact the hero to add their stories to her collection.
In her first letter, Camilla did not outright name herself, preferring to go by "Your Herald" while explaining some of her background and asking for a favor from the Commander. She was curious about the reasons why Destiny's Edge had fallen apart since 1320 AE and hoped that the Commander could help her uncover what had happened while making sure the Commander was kept up to date with what Destiny's Edge members were doing in Tyria.
Throughout the year, the Commander used the provided information to help Destiny's Edge fight their way through various dangerous dungeons while Camilla often contacted Destiny's Edge members to investigate matters in various locations or call some members to help others as was the case with summoning Logan Thackeray and Rytlock Brimstone to assist Zojja in the Crucible of Eternity. After defeating initial threats in each dungeon and seeing Destiny's Edge members move on to other challenges, the Commander received more letters from Camilla who urged the Commander to continue exploring the dungeons while bringing attention to lingering issues such as rising threats and surviving enemies whom she had been informed of.
Lady Camilla continued chronicling the Pact Commander's actions in the following years and eventually decided to meet them face to face after traveling to the Domain of Kourna alongside other allies in the war against Palawa Joko in 1331 AE. Upon settling in Zelbahn Garrison which the Commander had cleared of hostile Awakened forces, Camilla sent a letter to the Commander and asked for a meeting. Upon encountering her idol, she could hardly contain her excitement before finally introducing herself as the mysterious Herald from the Commander's past.
With the proper introductions done, Camilla proposed to create a banner wrought from the very best material which the Commander could carry into battle as a personal item to inspire both valor and terror. In exchange for making the banner and a suitable ornament for it, she asked the Commander to hunt for rare materials in Kourna and to spread their fame by participating in heroic battles throughout Tyria. With the deeds done and crafting finished by both Camilla and the Commander, she presented her idol with her ultimate gift: the Ascended Banner of the Dauntless Commander.
|Lacquered Banner Pole||Crafting material||Exotic||+ + +|
|Recipe: Banner Pennon||Recipe sheet||Exotic|
|Urn of "Heroic" Ashes||Crafting material||Ascended|
|Vial of Awakened Blood||Crafting material||Exotic||1|
|Recipe: Banner of the Commander||Recipe sheet||Exotic||1|
|Recipe: Banner of the Dauntless Commander||Recipe sheet||Ascended||1|
|Heroic Banner Ornament||Crafting material||Ascended||1|
- Urn of "Heroic" Ashes is only available if the player has consumed Recipe: Banner of the Dauntless Commander.
- Vial of Awakened Blood is only available if the player has finished the Rude Awakening achievement.
- Recipe: Banner of the Dauntless Commander is only available if the player has finished the More Than a Hero achievement.
- Oh my! It's really you. You're even more majestic in the flesh.
- (on first interaction, unlocks Rude Awakening, The Tyrian Service Medal and The Gandaran Service Medal)
Pardon me, do we know each other?
- Yes! Well, no. Not exactly. I'm your herald. I've been chronicling your heroic exploits. You've received my correspondence before.
I'm honored to have such a dedicated fan. What are you doing here?
- I've come with a proposal. I wish to create a monument to your greatness. Nothing so trivial as a portrait or statue—rather, an item you can carry into battle to inspire both valor AND terror.
Intriguing. What sort of item?
- A banner, wrought from the very best materials—which are very hard to find. Fortunately, you're here! Bring the me
- I should have figured there was a catch. Okay. I'm on it.
- (after obtaining Banner Ornament)
Say, can we add this ornament to the banner?
- THAT ornament? I mean, it's... well, it's a rather unremarkable adornment, isn't it? Hardly befitting your legend.
- Now now, hold on, let me apply a little something here... Ah, there. I've imbued it with magic that should resonate with heroic deeds.
And now we add it to the banner?
- What? No, no! It isn't worthy of you yet—it needs to bear witness to your greatness. Travel about Gandara and Tyria. Perform mighty deeds. Slay fearsome beasts. Steep it into your heroism.
- I'll see what I can do.
- (on subsequent interactions)
- What have you got for me?
- I have to go.
- I didn't see you there.
- It's hard to prosper nowadays, but we try.
- How do you do?
- How can I help you.
- ^ Your Herald's introductory letter to dungeons
- ^ See the letters by Your Herald for the story and explorable modes for Ascalonian Catacombs, Caudecus's Manor, Twilight Arbor, Sorrow's Embrace, Citadel of Flame, Honor of the Waves, Crucible of Eternity, and The Ruined City of Arah.
- ^ Allied Encampment ambient dialogue