From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
(Redirected from Shadow of the Mad King)
- Shadow of the Mad King 2012
- Blood and Madness 2013
- Blood and Madness 2014
- Shadow of the Mad King 2015
- Shadow of the Mad King 2016
- Shadow of the Mad King 2017
- Shadow of the Mad King 2018
- Shadow of the Mad King 2019
|Clock Tower||Labyrinth||Ascent to Madness||Mad King Says||Lunatic Inquisition||Reaper's Rumble||Advisor of the Lunatic Court||The Mad Engineer||Knocking On The Door||Mad Memoires Scavenger Hunt||The Reliquary||Time Trial: Labyrinth Lunatic||Labyrinth race||Time Trial: Li'l Eddie's Bunny Bounce||Li'l Eddie's Bunny Bounce race||Time Trial: Pumpkin Paradise||Pumpkin Paradise race||Time Trial: Roll into Madness||Roll into Madness race|
- For more ambient dialogue, see Drooburt's Ghost#Ambient dialogue, Mad King Thorn#Dialogue, "Mad King Thorn"#Quotes and Master Carver#Ambient dialogue.
- Walking around Lion's Arch
- Lionguard (human): Did you know the gateway to the Mad Realm goes both ways? The Mad King can enter our realm, and we can enter his.
- Lionguard (charr): Sounds like a great opportunity to refine my combat skills. That labyrinth seems pretty challenging.
- Lionguard (human): Well, watch yourself. I wouldn't want to get stuck in there with the Mad King for an entire year!
- Lionguard (charr): Whoa! You scared me! That's the most hideous Halloween mask I've ever seen!
- Lionguard (human): What mask?
- Priory Scholar (norn): Did you hear? The Mad King has challenged adventurers to a fight.
- Priory Scholar (human): I've heard that all over town! I wonder if Tyria's best could take him in a fair fight.
- Priory Scholar (norn): Now that's a battle I'd love to see! I wouldn't expect the Mad King to fight fair, though.
- Priory Scholar (human): Magister Tassi's research wasn't a complete waste of time. This candy corn is really effective Bloody Prince repellent.
- Priory Scholar (norn): I almost can't blame him–you can practically smell the candy corn in Hoelbrak! The Sea of Sorrows might turn to syrup!
- Grand Piazza in Lion's Arch
- Villager: I can't believe you prefer Halloween over Wintersday.
- Citizen: Wintersday is no fun.
- Villager: You don't think getting gifts is fun?
- Citizen: I don't think getting ugly sweaters is as much fun as beating you in a costume brawl!
- Fort Marriner in Lion's Arch
- Priory Explorer: Remember when the Mad King burst through the lion statue?
- Priory Arcanist: I do. It seems every time he comes around, our lion statues are destroyed. Maybe he had a mean cat when he was a kid.
- Priory Explorer: Do you think he'll try that again?
- Priory Arcanist: I hope not. Evon Gnashblade's requested extra Lionguard support since the Mad King reappeared.
- Priory Arcanist: See all the candy corn? It's not just decorative this year. Everyone's been talking about how it keeps the Bloody Prince away.
- Lionguard: Good! I hope the Bloody Prince never returns. I sleep easier knowing he's locked in his box!
- Priory Arcanist: What's with the Thorns and Halloween? They need therapy. (sigh)
- Deverol Gardens in Lion's Arch
- Citizen: All of these trick-or-treating children are intriguing. Mischief and candy sure seem to entertain them!
- Local: It's great, I love seeing these kids so happy. Do you have any fond memories of trick-or-treating?
- Citizen: No, this is my first time coming to Lion's Arch for Halloween. It's all new to me!
- Local: Ha! Maybe you should dress up and ask people for candy!
- Citizen: With the Bloody Prince at bay because of this candy corn, we can all rest easier.
- Lionguard: We're lucky he hates it so much. I don't think Lion's Arch wants to deal with any more blood and madness.
- Citizen: Maybe by the time this ends, we'll all hate candy corn!
- Lionguard: Whatever it takes to protect the city! I'll take misbehaving kids with rotten teeth over bloodthirsty spirits any day.
- Citizen: (laughs) Right.
- See also: Soundtrack#Living World Season 1
|1||The Lunatic Court||3:07||Stan LePard||SoundCloud|
|2||The Clocktower||1:40||Maclaine Diemer||SoundCloud|
|3||Halloween In Tyria||2:17||Maclaine Diemer||SoundCloud|
|4||The Tale Of The Mad King Thorn||1:47||Maclaine Diemer||SoundCloud|
- The Halloween achievements have multiple category names:
- Shadow of the Mad King (2012 achievements), the achievements for the 2012 Halloween release
- Blood and Madness (2013 achievements), the achievements for the 2013 Halloween release
- Blood and Madness (2014 achievements), the achievements for the 2014 Halloween release
- Shadow of the Mad King (2015 achievements), the achievements for the 2015 Halloween release
- Shadow of the Mad King (2016 achievements), the achievements for the 2016 Halloween release
- Shadow of the Mad King (achievements), the achievements for the subsequent Halloween releases