Purposes of this page and Shadow of the Mad King
We should decide what this page and Shadow of the Mad King are going to cover before people start adding the same things to both. I think this page should be more of a generic "Halloween is a holiday event that first occurred in 2012 on these dates, here are the links to the individual halloween event pages" kind of thing. SotMK can cover the specifics of this year. Manifold 16:27, 21 October 2012 (UTC)
- I was thinking the same. The fact is, the people will be looking at two pages during the event, depending oin what they type in the search box. Either we place a link to other pages very prominently, or just use redirects/disambiguation pages. It is yet unknown if the Halloween 2013 will also be named "Shadow of the Mad King" or is it just the name of Halloween 2012 update. Also, it's worth noting that we should split the update part (the content that stays infinitely) and event (Halloween-related DEs, Gem Shop items, miniatures, costumes, weapon skins etc). We could use Shadow of the Mad King for the content update information and Halloween 2012 for the 2012 event info, and Halloween for annual event info.
—Faalagorn☎/✓ 23:34, 21 October 2012 (UTC).
- I agree with Faalgorn - I think there's a place for "Halloween", "Halloween 2012", and "Shadow of the Mad King". The promotions sound to me like "Shadows of the Mad King" is the name of the complete update, which includes Halloween material. Shadow should probably list all the material added, or re-direct to the Game Updates page if it all comes at once. Halloween could re-direct to Halloween 2012 (or vice versa) until we get an idea of what things are annual occurances, and which are specific to this year. - LordEhzed 00:50, 22 October 2012 (UTC)
- I was a bit hesitant about making three pages for what's currently a muddled combination of things, and being speculative with "Halloween 2012", but sounnds fine to me. Manifold 02:30, 22 October 2012 (UTC)
Surprising that there's nothing here for 2015 yet, several days into the event.. ~Lya
- That's what happens when you're up against new expansion content! --BramStoker (talk, contribs) 09:11, 28 October 2015 (UTC)
- Good point ~Lya
- See Shadow of the Mad King, it's where I've been updating for Halloween 2015 content. The event is called Shadow of the Mad King again, so I wasn't sure whether the best plan was to reuse the old one or create a 2015 version So I just added it in and moved everything else down to a 2012 section. Vahkris (talk) 14:19, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
- Cool. Thank you :) ~Lya