- This article is about the owner of the Black Lion Trading Company. For a lookalike, see "Evon" Gnashblade.
I love the smell of commerce in the morning.
— Captain Gnashblade
As a soldier of the High Legions, Gnashblade first came to Lion's Arch at the age of 20 as part of an Ash Legion operation to extort the people of the city, under the banner of the Black Lion Trading Company. Gnashblade was by all accounts a dependable soldier who never disobeyed orders—until that day. When he raised concerns with his legionnaire, Aria Gnashfang, believing that attempting to intimidate the pirates of Lion's Arch would not be fruitful, the disagreement led to a fight and Gnashfang was killed. The next day, the Black Lion Trading Company was established in earnest.
In 1326 AE, during selections to appoint a new Captain's Council member, Gnashblade purchased a vessel (making him eligible) and attempted to secure a trade agreement with the Zephyr Sanctum, but narrowly lost out to Ellen Kiel.
Following the destruction of Lion's Arch, Captain Gnashblade fled to a refugee camp in the northern hills of Gendarran Fields. Under the orders of Captain Kiel, he was conscripted into the Lionguard under General Emergency Statute 14 and forced (along with all other Black Lion Trading Company merchants), to act as a deputy quartermaster for the Lionguard, upon pain of death. Since then, he has blackmailed Hero-Tron to act as his spy on the Captain's Council. Evon also has a lookalike in Lion's Arch posing as him, which explains why he has sometimes been spotted in two different locations in the city at the same time.
- 1Players can only access his dialogue at this location.
- Special Event: Bazaar of the Four Winds
- Episode 9: Cutthroat Politics
- Episode 18: Escape from Lion's Arch
From Escape from Lion's Arch until May 24 2014 he offered the standard merchant items along with the following:
|Recipe: Maintenance Oil Station||Recipe sheet||Masterwork||5 0 0|
For previous dialogue, see here.
- Yeah? What do you want?
- With The Dreamer III: The Lover active
What are your goals with your trading company?
- I intend to dominate the marketing battlefield! And, of course, deliver the finest and most unique items to my customers. (Adds Evon's Dreams of Economic Dominance to your collection)
- I see. Good luck with that!
- Never mind. I can see you're busy.
- With a Mini Angry Chest in inventory
- How are you liking you angry chest purchase? They are a bit aggressive. I had to fire Krepet, he was responsible for this mess.
Why don't you open them?
- So much danger is involved with trying to open these things that I'm practically giving them away free.
- Krepet is now?
Do you know where
- Last I heard he accepted a position with Brill Alliance Labs.
- Thanks for your time.
For previous quotes, see here.
- Lion's Arch Reborn
- During Evon's walk through Lion's Arch
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: Don't think I didn't notice they put their new headquarters right near the Crow's Nest.
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: Still can't believe I let that mouse beat me.
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: Look alive, you lot. Let's make some coin.
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: City would still be a crater without me. Where's my statue?
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: I can see why they made your building look like an octopus.
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: But who did they come to when they needed all this concrete? That's right...
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: If Magnus' goons can't protect my shipments, it only makes good business sense to recruit a force all my own.
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: Is there anyone in this city without a paw in my pockets?
- His default location is behind his desk in The Vaults, but he frequently leaves to take a walk around Lion's Arch.
- During his walk through the city, he'll briefly stop at five different locations, in the following order:
- Order of Whispers Headquarters
- Crow's Nest Tavern (Captain's Council)
- Trading Post in Trader's Forum
- Lion's Court
- Bank in Trader's Forum.
- Gnashblade was the only vendor of Recipe: Maintenance Oil Station.