Strangers from the Sky
Strangers from the Sky
Strangers from the Sky is an instance introducing the living story Bazaar of the Four Winds. During the instance, Captain Ellen Kiel and Magnus the Bloody Handed talk about the bazaar and decide to try to acquire a trade agreement with the sanctum.
On July 9th, players received the following invitation to Fort Marriner where the instance takes place.
- Magnus the Bloody Handed: Nice captain's uniform.
- Captain Ellen Kiel: I stole it off those Aetherblades who attacked the Arch. I figured as long as I was taking one of their airships, I may as well take their look too.
- Magnus the Bloody Handed: Did the swagger come with it, or was that of your own making?
- Captain Ellen Kiel: That, I was born with.
- Magnus the Bloody Handed: You ready to beat the smug off that greedy ol' pirate?
- Captain Ellen Kiel: Gnashblade? No problem. Well, small problem. Okay, so he's probably going to smear me, but I'll give it my best shot.
- Magnus the Bloody Handed: Good. Don't underestimate him. And don't disappoint me. I'm sticking my neck out, 'cause I think you can win.
- Captain Ellen Kiel: I'll do my very best.
- Magnus the Bloody Handed: All right, Captain Ellen Kiel. You'd better go make sure your crew isn't robbing you blind.
- Captain Ellen Kiel: Aye, aye.
(A cutscene begins, moving the camera slowly down the stairs to Evon Gnashblade who is listening in on the conversation)
- Magnus the Bloody Handed: By the way, did you hear the bazaar is back? They're expecting Zephyr Sanctum to make an appearance.
- Captain Ellen Kiel: No kidding? I've heard the bazaar can be dangerous.
- Magnus the Bloody Handed: And delightful. But, I mention it to you for a reason. The council has failed numerous times to acquire a trade agreement with the sanctum.
- Magnus the Bloody Handed: They'd be especially appreciative to any individual who managed to broker one.
- Captain Ellen Kiel: Are you suggesting—
- Magnus the Bloody Handed: Yes. Go work that smile on the Zephyrites. You've got a better chance than those crusty old pirates on the council.
- Captain Ellen Kiel: I've always wanted to go to a bazaar. I've never been able to take the time off. Consider it done, Captain!
- Captain Evon Gnashblade: Wonderful idea, Magnus. And who better to negotiate a trade agreement than the head of the Black Lion Trading Company. (chuckle)
Individual talks after the cutscene
- Speaking to Magnus the Bloody Handed
- You've got the smell of karka on you, which means you can fight! I'm sending our friend Captain Kiel here to secure a trade agreement with the Zephyr Sanctum. Feeling up to the task?
Maybe. Do you think she can secure trade with them?
- No one has yet succeeded, so if you both fail we're no worse off. I think she'll impress those floating outsiders, though. She's a fighter.
- Then count me in.
- I'll fight by her side.
- Speaking to Captain Ellen Kiel
- You were immensely helpful on Southsun Cove, <Character name>, and I know I can count on your support in Zephyr Sanctum as well.
This won't be like those other missions.
- No, it won't. It feels odd to be unarmored, which is all the more reason to have a trusted companion. Meet me there, and we'll get this trade agreement for Magnus.
- See you there.
- I'll see you there.
- Speaking to Captain Evon Gnashblade
- Yeah? What do you want?
I heard you on the stairs behind me. What was that all about?
- It was nothing. I was wishing Captain Kiel luck with her campaign.
- I'm sure that's all it was.
- If you're going to be rude, I'll just leave.
After leaving the instance, players receive the following mail:
- Completing the instance rewards the achievement with the same name.