- 1326 AE
- Living World Season 1
- Sky Pirates
- Bloodtide Coast
- Preceded by
- No More Secrets
- Followed by
- The Aetherblade Retreat
Aether Investigation is the fourth story step of Sky Pirates, the second episode of Living World Season 1.
- Fend off attacks from the Aetherblade pirates and help search for their main base.
- Speak with Inspector Kiel.
- Fight back against Aetherblade pirate activity in Bloodtide Coast.
- Help stabilize Bloodtide Coast against the Aetherblade pirates by completing events and finding clues about their hidden base.
Talk to Kiel right next to the transition from Bloodtide Coast to Lion's Arch at Archen Foreland Waypoint — . She will send you a mail indicating five areas on the map to search for Hideout Clues. Assessing the clues will trigger a Kill the Aetherblade lieutenant event. Both interacting with the Hideout Clue and completing its Aetherblade event (including Aetherblade events triggered by other players) will contribute greatly to the progress bar. Finding all five clues and accomplishing their related event is enough to fill the bar. Once the bar is filled, the event must be triggered by another player examining the Hideout Clue.
Doing normal events in Bloodtide Coast will also fill the bar, but at a much slower rate. However, Defeat Two-Eye Ignatl the Pirate is a repeatable hero challenge that can be farmed for progress.
The five Hideout Clues are located below:
|1||Northwest of Laughing Gull Island.||Northwest of Laughing Gull Island, on the high point of the shipwreck a short distance from the coast.|
|2||Near a lookout tower on Laughing Gull Island.||Under a wooden lookout tower on easternmost point of Laughing Gull Island, to the southeast of the Covington Keep POI.|
|3||Under a ship off of Jelako Cliffrise.||Underneath the southernmost part of the shipwreck on the shore of Jelako Cliffrise, directly north of the vista.|
|4||On a hill in the Firth of Revanion.||On the tip of a small hill south and just barely east of Lorantl Grounds in the Firth of Revanion. The closest waypoint is Firthside Vigil Waypoint.|
|5||Near Mistarion Beach's shoreline.||Near the southern end of Mistarion Beach, on the sand just below the jutting tip of the southern hill.|
|Aether Investigation||Sky Pirates||1|
|Complete the story chapter Aether Investigation.||Completed Aether Investigation||1|
- Complete the mission.
|Patrolling the Bloodtide Beat||Sky Pirates||3|
|Complete events in Bloodtide Coast to discourage unapproved piracy in the region.||Completed 10 Events||3|
- Complete events in Bloodtide Coast.
- Aetherblade Grenadier
- Aetherblade Striker
- Aetherblade Swashbuckler
- Aetherblade Taskmaster
- Aetherblade Thug
- Veteran Aetherblade Lieutenant
Speaking to Ellen Kiel for the first time:
- Investigator Ellen Kiel: Ah, Commander <Character name>. Good to see a friendly face. We're looking for the whereabouts of the Aetherblade base. I'm looking forward to seeing you work.
What do you need?
- We're looking for the whereabouts of the Aetherblade base. My agents have reported seeing encoded messages throughout the region. I need your help tracking them down.
No problem, I'll do it.
- Thank you, Commander. You'll find the messages around Bloodtide Coast. We're also countering various Aetherblade attacks, so feel free to jump into the fray and remind them who we are.
- I'm on it.
Where is the Lionguard?
- The Lionguard are busy tracking down Mai Trin. We're hot on her trail but not quite ready. We could use the help.
- No worries, I'll help you. (same as "No problem, I'll do it." above)
- Sounds tricky. Good luck.
- I see. Good luck.
- Sorry, I've got somewhere to be. Best of luck.
Speaking to her again:
- Investigator Ellen Kiel: Welcome back, Commander. We're still not sure where the Aetherblade hideout is, but we're confident this area has the information we need. Please keep searching.
I lost the location list.
- Right. Here's another list of the locations we suspect have information. Please continue your search, as we're on a tight timeline.
- Okay, thanks.
What was it you need me to do?
- We're looking for the whereabouts of the Aetherblade base. My agents have reported seeing encoded messages throughout this region that I need your help compiling and deciphering.
- Oops. I lost the location list. (Same as above)
- Got it, thanks.
- I'm on it.
Interacting with a Hideout Clue:
- Hideout Clue: You note a piece of the cipher and send it along to Lieutenant Kiel.
Read the message for yourself.
- (Northwest of Laughing Gull Island)
- Follow the edge of the cliff and hold your breath.
- The base must be near a cliff, somewhere.
- (Near a lookout tower on Laughing Gull Island)
- Scars, scars, we all have our scars... Thorns, as prickly as they come...
- Scars...? Must be some sea shanty.
- (Under a ship off of Jelako Cliffrise)
- All ships bringing in supplies, sails should point northwest. Second path inside.
- So there's more than one entrance...
- (On a hill in the Firth of Revanion)
- Fresh produce in Bloodtide, returning to base past sundown. Meet me by the old Hydropost for a lift back. _Lael
- Why would anyone sign their name on something this confidential?
- (Near Mistarion Beach's shoreline)
- INQST parts coming in from the south should travel through Merchantman's Strait to avoid suspicion.
- Blending in? Smart.