Gate Hub Plaza
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Gate Hub Plaza
- Grand Piazza
(Memory of Old Lion's Arch)
Click to enlarge.
The Gate Hub Plaza is an island plaza in Old Lion's Arch with five asura gates. Each asura gate lead to a different city of the five main races.
Locations and objectives
- Gate Hub Plaza Waypoint
- Asura Gates
- Hoelbrak Asura Gate
- Black Citadel Asura Gate
- The Grove Asura Gate
- Rata Sum Asura Gate
- Divinity's Reach Asura Gate
- Traveler (norn): If I track a wounded animal through a gate, would the gate's energy cauterize the wound?
- Gate Technician: I...I haven't the faintest idea. My ears! What in intriguing question.
- Traveler (norn): What do your ears have to do with it?
- Traveler (sylvari): I hate gate travel. For a split second, I feel completely disconnected from the Dream.
- Traveler: It's perfectly safe. Gate travel was perfected centuries ago. Mishaps are exceedingly rare.
- Traveler (sylvari): I don't care about centuries. I'm worried about that one second when I'm all alone.
- Traveler: Why do you charge extra for oversized items? That service should be included.
- Gatekeeper: Fine. I'll even offer free gate travel if you provide me with a lifetime supply of rifles.
- Traveler: What would you do with so many rifles?
- Gatekeeper: Protect my precious gate from freeloaders.
- Gate Technician: I need to run a series of thermalogic diagnostics on the gate later.
- Gatekeeper: Any potential problems I should be concerned about?
- Gate Technician: There's a slight possibility of intermittent interruptions in power.
- Gatekeeper: Assuming everyone arrives in no more than one piece, I won't worry.
- Traveler: How long will it take to get to Divinity's Reach?
- Gatekeeper: Travel time is instantaneous, ma'am. You enter the gate here and exit there.
- Traveler: I need one of these between my house and the market.
The Gate Hub Plaza was destroyed during the Battle for Lion's Arch and the gates have been moved to Coriolis Plaza.