The Origins of Madness (living world)
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
The Origins of Madness
- Scarlet from carrying out her weapon test at False River Valley in Lornar's Pass. (→ Twisted Marionette Weapon Test) Stop
- The Origins of Madness: A Moment's Peace) Touch base with your allies in Lion's Arch. (→
- Scarlet's Secret Lair in Lornar's Pass. Find
- Figure out a way to get into Scarlet's Secret Lair.
(Jelako Cliffrise, Bloodtide Coast)
- (At the site of the Cobalt Wurm probe):
- Rytlock Brimstone: Twistgear! What do you make of this one?
- Junia Twistgear: Sir, it’s similar in design to the others we’ve seen set up all over Tyria.
- Rytlock Brimstone: (sigh) Yes. I can see that, soldier. What I want to know is what it’s for.
- Junia Twistgear: And why there are more of them here, suddenly.
- Junia Twistgear: Of course, Tribune.
- Rytlock Brimstone: These belong to that Scarlet character, don’t they? The one that spoiled the Queen’s Jubilee not long ago?
- Junia Twistgear: It does remind me of the portals she’s been using to launch her random invasions all over Tyria.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Scarlet stole the queen’s toy soldiers and holed up in the new pavilion for weeks. Logan’s Seraph were helpless to stop her.
- Rytlock Brimstone: She was behind that Flame-mole business, that sky pirate attack on Dragon Bash, and that nightmare tower in Kessex.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Seems like every intelligence report that crosses my desk lately has something to do with that lunatic sylvari.
- Rytlock Brimstone: What if it’s not random? Each time she turns up, she’s less of a nuisance and more of a threat.
- (Little scene break while the workers get shocked by one of the probes and Twistgear reprimands them)
- Junia Twistgear: Tribune, its defenses are still active, and still very formidable.
- Rytlock Brimstone: So I see. (grumble) Just learn what you can at a safe distance.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Maybe we’ll have better luck with another one.
- (Another scene break while Twistgear and crew investigate further. After a while Twistgear pulls everyone back together and returns to Rytlock)
- Rytlock Brimstone: Anything for me yet?
- Junia Twistgear: I have some ideas, Tribune, but I need to see the others and compare what we’re seeing here.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Fine, but in the meantime, I didn’t drag you here to keep your thoughts to yourself.
- Junia Twistgear: It reminds me of a seismic probe, for finding underground resources with vibrations.
- Junia Twistgear: These probes weren’t designed to find something physical, though.
- Junia Twistgear: If these are Scarlet’s, she’s using them all over Tyria to look for something magical. Something big.
- Rytlock Brimstone: (growl) Well done, Twistgear. Let’s have a look at those other new…probes.
- (Rytlock Brimstone and the crew move to the next site)
(Challdar Gorges, Bloodtide Coast)
- (At the site of the Crimson Wurm probe):
- Rytlock Brimstone: All right, Twistgear, what can you tell me about this device?
- Junia Twistgear: It looks to be nearly identical to the others we’ve investigated, Tribune.
- Rytlock Brimstone: What does it mean, that there are more of them turning up here?
- Junia Twistgear: Hard to be certain yet, sir.
- Rytlock Brimstone: (growl) Yes, well, get to it.
- (Scene break while Twistgear once again orders her workers to investigate the device. After a bit, Rytlock speaks):
- Rytlock Brimstone: Would you guess this device is Scarlet’s handiwork?
- Junia Twistgear: I...wouldn’t want to guess one way or the other before we’re finished here, Tribune.
- Rytlock Brimstone: (growl) Scorch it, I’m just asking you to confirm the obvious, Twistgear.
- Junia Twistgear: Yes, sir. It does seem similar to the machinery Scarlet Briar’s been using to launch invasions all over Tyria.
- Junia Twistgear: On the other hand, if this device is hers, it seems to have another purpose.
- (Scene break again – one of the workers decides again that it’d be a great idea to touch one of the devices)
- Rytlock Brimstone: Twistgear, can you please remind your people to quit touching this thing?
- Junia Twistgear: Yes, sir. Of course.
- Junia Twistgear: You lot heard the tribune! Let’s examine the device at a respectable distance.
- (Another break before Twistgear goes around to gather up her workers and then report to Rytlock)
- Rytlock Brimstone: All right. You’ve been at this awhile now. What have you learned here?
- Junia Twistgear: Sir, the more of these devices I see in action, the more sure I am that they are a kind of probe, designed to locate…something.
- Rytlock Brimstone: (growl) What sort of something is that insane sylvari probing for?
- Junia Twistgear: Whatever she’s after is big, sir. And magical.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I’m not sure I like where this is leading. Let’s go look at the other new probes she’s set up around the area.
- (The whole crew once again moves on, but this time to the Amber probe location)
(Whisperwill Bogs, Bloodtide Coast)
- (At the site of the Amber Wurm probe):
- Rytlock Brimstone: Here we are—yet another of these new devices.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Have a look and tell me as soon as you have any ideas.
- Junia Twistgear: Of course, Tribune. We’re on it.
- (Scene break while Twistgear orders her workers to disperse and investigate the probe and the area. Unfortunately another worker decides to get a little too close to the probe.)
- Junia Twistgear: Tribune, it looks as if all of these devices can defend themselves.
- Rytlock Brimstone: It does at that. Back your people away from it and learn at a safe distance.
- (Another break while Twistgear also walks around and investigates before returning to Rytlock)
- Rytlock Brimstone: So, you agree by now that these were built by Scarlet?
- Junia Twistgear: That’s right, sir. The devices have all her signature touches.
- Junia Twistgear: We could learn a lot from these probes if we could get close enough to take one apart.
- Rytlock Brimstone: (growl) You almost sound as if you admire her handiwork, Twistgear.
- Junia Twistgear: Scarlet Briar may be insane, but her designs are high quality.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Your candor is refreshing, even if I don’t like the implications of your findings much.
- (One final break while the crew does some further investigations. Then Twistgear gathers them all up and reports one last time to Rytlock)
- Rytlock Brimstone: Report, Twistgear. Let’s hear what you’ve learned.
- Junia Twistgear: These are magical probes of some kind, Tribune. I’m sure of it.
- Junia Twistgear: There are three new probes in this area, which tells me that Scarlet may have found something important here.
- Junia Twistgear: I believe she’s triangulating, trying to zero in on the location of something magical. Something huge.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Whatever that something is, I have a feeling we don’t want her to find it. Tell your people we’re moving out again.
- Dialogue gathered from Sarah Sperry's post on So, what's up with Rytlock?, Guild Wars 2 Official Forums.