Guide to Slayer achievements
- Level 2-3 bandits can be found between the Village of Shaemoor and Dalin's Pumping Station in Queensdale.
- Bandithaunt Caverns, a cave in the west of Queensdale, has level 5 bandits.
- Bar Curtis Ranch, south of Vale Waypoint — in Queensdale, has level 10 bandits.
- Beggar's Burrow, east of the Village of Shaemoor cemetery in Queensdale, has a room full of quick spawning bandits.
- Owl's Abattoir in Snowden Drifts near Owl Lodge, has level 19 bats with very fast spawn.
- A graveyard just east of the Village of Shaemoor in Queensdale (southeast of the entrance to Divinity's Reach) has many level 1 bats. However, these bats only spawn at night.
- Human's Lament in Plains of Ashford is full of low-level bats which very quickly respawn.
- Blackwing Excavation in Fields of Ruin has swarms of level 31 cliff bats.
- Between Lake Delavan and Eastern Divinity Dam in Queensdale are level 7 bats.
- Scaver Plateau in Queensdale contains level 8 centaurs.
- Earthworks Bluff in Kessex Hills contains the Capture all three sections of the Harathi earthworks (16) event chain to kill centaurs.
- The Seraph Assault on Centaur Camps event chain in Harathi Hinterlands are sometimes run by organized zergs, and are a good way to advance this achievement.
- Centaurs can also be farmed (preferably by high level characters) in the northeast of all WvW Alpine borderlands, and can be very profitable when considering the events that occur there.
Kill Branded enemies.
- The easiest way might be to participate in Slay the Shatterer (50), and focus on killing the smaller Branded spawning around the Shatterer. [Group Event]
- Devourer's Mouth area in the north of Plains of Ashford has 6-10 level 3 devourers.
- East of Ascalonian Catacombs, and south of The Viewing Hill, the level 10-11 devourers are more spread out, but spawn quickly.
- Pets of Ogres (14) along with raptors in Cadem Forest, Plains of Ashford.
- Onager Bivouac, a cave on the west side of Fireheart Rise, has over a dozen level 66 carrion devourers in a very small area.
- Raptor Prowl in Dry Top, is crawling with level 80 Arid Devourers.
- Grothmar Valley is crawling with Devourers and makes for great farming in between events.
- Level 4-5 river drakes can be found in the river surrounding Shaemoor Garrison in Queensdale.
- Many level 4 rock drakes are located at Lake Feritas in the north of Plains of Ashford.
- From Taigan Waypoint in the south of the snowy part of Wayfarer Foothills, follow the road north, stopping on the bridge just past Victor's Point. There are level 7 skelk on this upper level and below, as well as level 7 drakes and barracuda at the bottom of the waterfall and throughout the lake.
- Level 60 salamander drakes can be found at Fellmyst Falls in Iron Marches. Salamander hatchlings also count toward this achievement.
- Level 3 ice drakes can be found at Grawlenfjord Waypoint in Wayfarer Foothills.
- Molensk, in southwestern Wayfarer Foothills, is full of level 5 dredge.
- The southern quarter of Dredgehaunt Cliffs has very few enemies other than level 45-50 dredge.
- Sorrow's Embrace dungeon, level 60, and the Underground Facility Fractal both contain primarily dredge opponents.
- Molevekian Delve in Eternal Battlegrounds.
- Wildflame Caverns in southwest Metrica Province is stuffed to bursting with level 2 embers (fire elementals).
- Level 3 earth elementals spawn at Western Divinity Dam.
- The Grekvelnn Burrows in Wayfarer Foothills have some level 4 ice elementals.
- Legendary Imbued Shaman in the Volcanic Fractal spawns plenty of elementals in higher fractal levels.
Elona Safari Hunter
- Elonian animals, such as hyenas, can also be found in WvW, so this achievement can be completed by accounts without Path of Fire, although much more slowly.
- Creatures contributing to this achievement include: Hydras, Sand Eels, Sand Lions, Sand Sharks, Spotted Hyenas, Junundu and Wargs (only the Elonian variant).
- Many of these creatures can be found in close proximity and on short respawn timers on the hills north of Olishar's Oasis Camp Waypoint — .
- Level 10 ettins can be found in Pinion Trail in western Queensdale, and in the cave just north of Phinney Waypoint — (head northwest into the valley and then northeast into the cave, which is designated by a brown oval directly north of the waypoint).
- Giant's Passage and Isgarren's View in southeastern Kessex Hills.
- The level 10 yellow (non-aggressive) Tuna and Jellyfish south of Titan's Staircase Waypoint — in Caledon Forest count towards this achievement, but the Thundershrimp do not. There are also many krait available for Krait Slayer.
- From Taigan Waypoint — in the south of the snowy part of Wayfarer Foothills, follow the road north, stopping on the bridge just past Victor's Point. There are level 7 skelk on this upper level and below, as well as level 7 drakes and barracuda at the bottom of the waterfall and throughout the lake.
- There's a small lake in Dredgehaunt Cliffs near Wyrmblood Waypoint — that's packed with barracuda with a fast spawn rate. Plus there's the Kill the ancient barracuda aggravating the fish of Wyrmblood Lake (41) event to spice things up!
Flame Legion's Bane
- Level 4-5 Flame Legion can be found in the cave east of Lake Feritas in the Plains of Ashford.
- Citadel of Flame dungeon contains level 70-75 Flame Legion.
- The Echoslab Arches area in Iron Marches is loaded with Flame Legion and is tied to Aid Centurion Truthbringer in Echoslab Arches (53).
Note that gravelings also count toward the Ghost Buster achievement.
- The Plains of Ashford zone is peppered with ghosts ranging from level 1-15, especially Devast District (level 10) and along Ascalon City Ruins (in the north of the zone; levels 12-14).
- Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon contains level 30-35 ghosts and gravelings.
- Town of Nageling in Diessa Plateau: [Group Event] Defeat the giant assaulting the Town of Nageling (18).
- Hidden Ourobon in Harathi Hinterlands: [Group Event] Help Shining Blade Kimber defeat Kol Skullsmasher (42).
- Toxal Bog in Brisban Wildlands: Help U.N.I.T. find and destroy the Inquest (25). This event spawns a number of non-champion giants when it begins, depending on the number of players present:
- 1 player = 1 giant
- 2-3 players = 2 giants
- 4+ players = 3 giants
- as many as 6 giants have spawned at one time depending on the amount of players.
- The end boss of the Crucible of Eternity (story) dungeon counts as a Giant.
- Giants appear south of the Giant's Steps in the Desert Highlands. They mainly appear near the camp fire.
- There can also be a few giants found roaming the path to the north of the Giant's Steps, even going as far north as directly east of the Windchill Pass.
- Prophet's Path in Elon Riverlands includes five giants in and around Giant's Rise. Moving in a circle and fighting efficiently allows killing five giants every three minutes.
- Level 3-4 grawl can be found outside and inside the cave east of Grawlenfjord Waypoint — in Wayfarer Foothills.
- The ravine at Despond Precipice in Frostgorge Sound has many level 80 grawl that, although tougher, drop better loot.
- At the start of the Volcanic Fractal are some grawl swarms. Standard 30 can be killed in the first phase. 0 Agony Resistance needed for level 1 and 19.
- Griffonfall in southeast Snowden Drifts contains level 19-20 griffons with a fast respawn rate.
- From the east of The Thunderhorns to the south of Chillwing Perch is a large zone with level 26-27 griffons and young griffons.
- Fuller Cistern in southeast Fireheart Rise has level 60 griffons that drop nice loot.
- Altar's Windings in western Queensdale has a nest of level 11 harpies. The chest in the matriarch's nest there can be looted once per day, per character.
- There is a den of level 12 harpies in The Toppled Wall area of Plains of Ashford, just north of the Ascalonian Catacombs.
- In the Uncategorized Fractal most of the mobs are harpies.
- Northeast of the Town of Nageling (just southeast of the Moorwatch Tower) in Diessa Plateau there's an outcrop filled with Young Harpies which spawn very quickly. Also (in the same area) Defend Mad Mardine's cows from harpies while he tests his invention (20) will spawn every 10 minutes or so, also filled with Young Harpies.
- Level 5 hylek reside at Durotl Grounds, near Loch Waypoint — in southern Metrica Province.
- Level 11 hylek can be found in Cuatl Morass, in eastern Metrica Province.
- Darkrait Inlet in Eternal Battlegrounds.
- There's a small Hylek village in Morgatl Grounds, southeast of Kraitbane Haven Waypoint in the northeast section of Caledon Forest with a fast respawn rate.
- Willowalk Groves in Caledon Forest has Protect local mosshearts from fire imps (12) and Clear the fire imp population and extinguish their fires (12) that spawn fire imps.
- Level 33 ice imps are part of Help Researcher Suki examine imps near Rocklair (34) in Lornar's Pass.
- Kolkorensburg in Dredgehaunt Cliffs has Protect Scholar Dane while she closes the portal (41) and Retrieve containment crystals from the skritt and return them to Scholar Dane (41) that spawn a plentiful number of imps, both of which are started by Scholar Dane.
- If Scholar Dane becomes defeated while closing the portal, it can be auto-attacked as it continues to spawn imps.
- Rime Moraine in Frostgorge Sound spawns level 73 ice imps as part of Help Scholar Inka research imps (73).
- Past the first section of the Windy Cave Jumping Puzzle in Lornar's Pass, there are 2 veteran imps which spawn both normal imps and an altar which in return spawns additional groups of 3 normal imps for as long as it is not destroyed. The veteran imps will have 60 seconds of Invulnerability applied to them when they spawn in.
- Shadow Imps are plentiful in Mount Maelstrom near the volcano at Avernan Volatile.
- Ambient (white name) creatures can be found almost everywhere in the game, particularly near outposts and inhabited areas. These creatures are useful for advancing kill achievements for off-hand or low-damage weapons like shields.
Creatures from other species (such as spiders and crabs) belong to their respective Slayer achievements.
- A large number of ambient creatures in a small area can be found in the north camp of any WvW borderland.
- There is a sewer found in the level 60 Personal Story Mission Forewarned is Forearmed for characters that have joined the Vigil. There is an endless supply of rats that run past at about 1 per second.
- Grand Barrier Isle has groups of 3-5 crows that spawn with high frequency.
- There are a great many ambient creatures in The Underbelly which is in the northern part of the Straits of Devastation.
- There are many crows in the dead Pact camp in Onager Bivouac in Fireheart Rise. They respawn often.
- Inquest agents are plentiful throughout Metrica Province, but lowest level (3 and 4) Inquest are most plentiful in The Funhouse and in the water at Jeztar Falls.
- Level 13 Inquest are found in Inquest Outer Complex in Metrica Province. Clearing this area each day after completing [Group Event] Destroy the fire elemental created from chaotic energy fusing with the C.L.E.A.N. 5000's energy core (15) is a simple way to advance the Slayer achievement.
- Defeat the Inquest's golem Mark II (68) in Mount Maelstrom is frequently run by organized zergs, and are a good way to advance this achievement. [Group Event]
- Crucible of Eternity dungeon and its surrounding area, Infinite Coil Reactor lab, are populated with Inquest.
- Give firefly luminescence to Warden Annwyn (2) in The Verdence requires players to kill the fast-spawning level 2 fireflies.
- Level 8 wasps have overtaken the lumbermill near Ojon's Lumbermill Waypoint — in Queensdale.
- The area of Help the Luminates plant krewe maintain the power grid (13) (especially around Conduit Tower Blig, Conduit Tower Nopp and Conduit Tower Scoln) has many fast-respawning level 12-13 mosquitoes, as they are needed for the renown heart. Please note that the tiny sparkflies are Ambient creatures, and will count towards Indiscriminate Slayer instead.
- The forested areas of Godslost Swamp have a nearly endless supply of Fireflies which count towards this achievement.
- Level 4 jotun reside on the hills of Kresdor Kenning in Wayfarer Foothills.
- Haivoissen Kenning in western Wayfarer Foothills is full of level 7 jotun; the surrounding area has many jotun and minotaurs, making the two achievements sync nicely.
- There are quite a few level 9 krait west of Michotl Grounds Waypoint — , plus the Stop the krait from destroying hylek eggs (11) event supplies even more of them.
- There are many level 10 krait south of Titan's Staircase waypoint in Caledon Forest, as well as yellow (non-aggressive) Tuna and Jellyfish that count toward the Fish Slayer achievement.
- Krait are scattered throughout the Splintered Coast in Sparkfly Fen; the Slayer achievement can be advanced while waiting on [Group Event] Defeat Tequatl the Sunless (65).
- The Osenfold Shear in Wayfarer Foothills is sprinkled with level 7-8 minotaurs from Osenfold Waypoint — to Zelechor Hot Springs Waypoint — . There are also many jotun, so the achievements sync well.
- There is also the Drive the stampeding minotaur from Borealis Forest (3) event in the Borealis Forest area of Wayfarer Foothills.
- There are about 20 minotaurs spread out around the northern parts of Stampede Uplands in Desert Highlands with a similar respawn time as the ones in Wayfarer Foothills. This option may be better despite the minotaurs having more health because they provide better loot than the ones in Wayfarer Foothills.
Nightmare Court's Bane
- Nightmare Court courtiers (and dynamic events to kill them) can be found all along the west side of Caledon Forest, particularly Caer Astorea Waypoint — (level 9), Hemlock Coil (level 11), and between Falias Thorp Waypoint — and Twilight Arbor Waypoint — Twilight Arbor Waypoint — Twilight Arbor Waypoint — (level 13-14).
- The foes in Twilight Arbor dungeon are mainly Nightmare Court, except for those in Aetherpath.
- The lowest level ogres (14) can be found in Cadem Forest in the Plains of Ashford. They often have devourers and raptors as pets, which makes the achievements sync nicely.
- The Kill the Foulbear chieftain and her elite guards before the ogres can rally (34) events at Hunter's Gorge in Fields of Ruin are frequently run by organized zergs, and are a good way to advance this achievement. [Group Event]
- The Sootpan Kraal and Behemian Grand Kraal areas in Blazeridge Steppes have groups of hostile ogres.
- Orgath Uplands in Eternal Battlegrounds map.
- The renown heart Help Hrouda maintain the ecosystem in spite of Dr. Bleent's research (8) ensures that level 8 oozes are always available.
- The Demongrub Pits jumping puzzle in the southeast of Queensdale is crawling with level 16 oozes. They quickly respawn in the chest room.
- There are many fast respawning Blood Oozes in the south western area of Mole's Head, west of Challdar Gorges.
- The pipe near Beetletun Waterworks is infested with oozes that respawn quickly. Enter through the end of the pipe in the lake in the Shire of Beetletun.
- Brigantine Isles in the center of Gendarran Fields is thick with level 30-33 Jackdaw Pirates; there are more on the eastern shore of the lake, at Almuten Estates.
- Level 36-38 pirates occupy False Lake in Lornar's Pass, running An Unlikely Pirate constantly.
- There are 4 level 14-15 Veteran Mosshearts around Wychmire Waypoint — .
- 3 or 4 Level 10 Veteran Oakheart around Greatheart Weald in Queensdale. The [Group Event] Defeat the corrupted veteran oakheart (9) event will also start periodically.
- Similarly, level 28-30 veteran oakhearts are sparsely scattered between Lionbridge Expanse and Traveler's Dale.
- In path 4 of The Ruined City of Arah (explorable) dungeon, the 2nd boss, Vahid, High Priest of Melandru, summons endless trees, which count towards this achievement.
- Angered Nature Spirits around Viraddi's Salvation and Eternal Pool in Draconis Mons.
- Choya, Ibogas (both Fanged and Sprouts) and Jacarandas count towards this achievement.
- Level 6 jungle raptor hatchlings swarm throughout Obscura Incline in Metrica Province.
- There are level 11 eagle raptors northeast of Krytan Waypoint — in Queensdale.
- South of Hamlet of Annwen in Caledon Forest, there are some level 12 black raptors.
- Pets of Ogres (14) along with devourers in Cadem Forest, Plains of Ashford.
- South of Brackwater Village in Sparkfly Fen, level 64 black raptors wander on the hills.
Reaper of the Awakened
- The easiest way might be to participate in Defeat the invading Awakened (30). [Group Event]
Ambient crabs count toward this achievement as well as actual foe crabs such as hermit crabs; grinding goes much faster in locations that have both types.
- In Gendarran Fields just east of the Applenook Hamlet Waypoint — on the shores of Lake Bounty there are tons of Freshwater Crabs. Nearby Lake Gendarr offers tons more Freshwater Crabs.
- At the north end of Fisher's Beach Bend in Metrica Province, there are level 8 Hermit Crabs and many ambient crabs. Don't forget about the southwest end of the beach as there are many of both crabs too.
- Over in Caledon Forest, west and southwest of Mabon Market, and around towards Sandycove Beach, the beach is so full of level 9 Hermit Crabs that it is impossible to kill them fast enough to run out.
- If you want higher levels, down in the very southeast area of Mount Maelstrom, right by Judgment Waypoint — , and north along the beach of Benthic Kelp Beds, level 69 Hermit Crabs along with ambient crabs will keep you busy with a constant supply of higher level drops including Spiral Shells.
- Along the beach in north Southsun Cove you will find an unlimited amount of ambient crabs.
- The beach west of New Loamhurst in Lake Doric is filled with a constant supply of ambient crabs.
- Loch Jezt in Metrica Province (west of Loch Waypoint — ) has lots of ambient crabs that respawn very quickly.
- Level 2-4 Brackish Skale fill the river from Western Divinity Dam all the way to Shaemoor Garrison in Queensdale.
- At the southeast end of the lake in Ascalon Basin in Plains of Ashford, level 13 skales spawn non-stop for Help Researcher Irkz study skale poison (12).
- From Taigan Waypoint — in the south of the snowy part of Wayfarer Foothills, follow the road north, stopping on the bridge just past Victor's Point. There are level 7 skelk on this upper level and below, as well as drakes at the bottom of the waterfall.
- The ground below the pillars in the Shaman's Rookery jumping puzzle in Wayfarer Foothills is crowded with level 7 shadow skelk.
- Level 15 skelk can be found north of Ascalonian Catacombs Waypoint — in Plains of Ashford.
- Level 7 skritt can be found in (and sometimes around) Windloss Delves in Queensdale, a cave southwest of Ojon's Lumbermill Waypoint — .
- Level 8-9 skritt spawn endlessly in Sunshade Caves in Metrica Province. One cave entrance is up the hill directly west of Akk Wilds Waypoint — .
Slagger of the Forged
Son of Svanir's Bane
- Level 4 Sons of Svanir are always available at Outcast's Cleft, in the far southwest (forested area) of Wayfarer Foothills.
- Sons of Svanir are the main foe type in Wayfarer Foothills. There is a slightly higher concentration around the road that leads north through the center of the zone, as well as the event chain Assault on Svanir's Dome that provides waves of them.
- The foes in Honor of the Waves dungeon are mainly Sons of Svanir.
- Wurmhowl Spikes to the east of Halvaunt Waypoint — in Wayfarer Foothills has a large concentration of level 11 Sons of Svanir in addition to the Defend Jora's shrine from the Sons of Svanir (12) event.
- Level 6 jungle spiders reside near the Waterfall hero point west of Caer Astorea Waypoint — in Caledon Forest.
- There are level 10 jungle spiders north of Sperrins Waypoint in Caledon Forest.
- Spider Nest Cavern in Diessa Plateau contains level 21-22 spiders.
- Twilight Arbor (explorable) dungeon has two groups of spider foes in Path 1.
- Level 3 trolls guard the entrance to Spelunker's Delve jumping puzzle, south of Danador's Kennel in Caledon Forest.
- In Wychmire Swamp, interacting with the items for Help Lionguard Cern safeguard the road (15) (Troll Food and Troll Trophy Spikes) cause level 15 jungle trolls to spawn.
Wind Rider Slayer
- Level 6 breeze riders reside near the Waterfall hero challenge west of Caer Astorea Waypoint — in Caledon Forest.
- There are some level 22 breeze riders between Ulta Metamagicals Waypoint — and Gotala Cascade in Gnashar's Hills, Brisban Wildlands.
- Between Robbari's Bandits and the watch tower overlooking The Gallowfields in Brisban Wildlands.
- Numerous level 80 Reef Riders are located in the Dappled Shores area of Southsun Cove.
- Avernan Volatile in Mount Maelstrom has Gather breeze rider essences for Rixt's experiments (65) that requires to kill breeze riders. There are some shadow imp nearby as well for Imp Slayer.
Killing a grub counts toward this achievement.
- In Queensdale the fields east of Orchard Waypoint — are infested with level 3 Plains Wurm Hatchlings.
- Also in Queensdale, the cave southwest of Vale Waypoint — has many level 9 grubs with a fast spawn rate. Across the river the terraced fields also have level 9 Plains Wurm Hatchlings.
- Level 11 ice wurm hatchlings are found west and southwest of Kevach's Homestead in Wayfarer Foothills, including inside the cave around the Aging Ale Barrels hero challenge. There's also a nearby event chain Join Osborn as he hunts a giant frost wurm (12).
- Nearly every foe in Orr (Cursed Shore and Malchor's Leap), as well as the western half of Straits of Devastation, is a minion of Zhaitan.
- The foes in The Ruined City of Arah dungeon are mainly Zhaitan minions.
- It is possible to use low level alt characters to get these kills, so they can benefit from experience, renouncing better drops from higher level foes.
- Each dungeon offers at least 1 type of creature to be easily farmed.
- Combining Slayer achievements with Weapon Master achievements is a good idea. Use the weapon you want to get the achievement for while killing the vast numbers of enemies required for Slayer achievements.