From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Locations and objectives
- Desider Atum Waypoint —
Desider Atum Vista —
- Just east of the weaponsmith station, along the side of the building, are some floating stairs. Take them to the upper level where the jeweler and artificer stations are.
- Jump to the vista on top of the arch.
- Building Specialist
- Crafting Crier
- Krewe Apprentice
- Lab Apprentice
- Lab Attendant
- Peacemaker Alpp
- Peacemaker Officer
- Trader (1): The chief of our previous krewe said hylek are an untapped market, a potential goldmine.
- Trader (2): We need to find out what they want, make it, and provide it at a reasonable cost.
- Traveler: I don't know of any other goldmines that can club you and swallow you whole.
- Trader (1): No worthwhile enterprise is without risk.
- Citizen (1): All muds are not equal my dear.
- Citizen (1): You must take into consideration the metals and the biological materials in your sample.
- Citizen (1): Something as common as an embedded fossil can throw off the entire equation.
- Citizen (2): I love it when you talk dirt.
- Trader (1): My colleagues and I were wondering why there is such strife between hylek tribes.
- Trader (2): Stupid question. All tribes have the same needs, but there isn't enough for everybody.
- Trader (1): Surely you could come to an accommodation more cooperative than starving in each others' heads?
- Trader (2): You mean "cooperate" like asura labs cooperate?
- Trader (1): Well, no, but I...ah...uhm...Point taken.
- Trader (1): You from Hydrone Unit?
- Trader (2): No.
- Trader (1): Then we can do business.
- Trader (1): Why do you asura send killers to collect hylek poison?
- Trader (2): I emphatically do not. Though I imagine those that do are blinded by the demands of progress.
- Trader (1): Progress demands you kill us instead of buying from us?
- Trader (2): Progress demands forward motion. How one moves forward is left to the individual's discretion.
- Building Specialist: With all our muscle gone out to the reactor, I'm feeling a tad vulnerable.
- Local: We have muscle?
- Building Specialist: Mental muscle.
- Local: What do you want for dinner tonight?
- Building Specialist: Your special brain soup, please. I have to be in top form for the symposium tomorrow.
- Local: I'll dig into my intelliboost essences. I'm sure I have just the thing.
- Lab Attendant (1): Do you think the reactor disaster will affect the farms and greenhouses?
- Lab Attendant (2): Crops are still growing. If that's what you mean.
- Lab Attendant (1): Yes, but are they still edible?
- Lab Attendant (2): Let's leave some out for the skritt. If there's a sudden increase in filthy vermin carcasses, we'll know there's a problem.
- Lab Attendant (1): The genius said I'm the acting krewe chief for this project!
- Lab Attendant (2): Nonsense. I've been here for months. The position is mine until I relinquish it.
- Lab Apprentice: Quiet, or I'll replace the lot of you with a golem.
- Lab Apprentice (1): I miss those early days before the reactor, before the labs began their work in earnest.
- Lab Apprentice (2): Progress marches on, my friend. It never stops, and it never waits.
- Lab Apprentice (1): I know, but I do wish it would tread a bit more lightly.
- Traveler (1): How do you tell a friendly hylek from an unfriendly one?
- Traveler (2): Different tribes are different colors. That's one way to distinguish them.
- Traveler (1): If you don't mind, can we leave soon? I'm just not comfortable around hylek. When they do that tongue thing, it gives me the willies.
- Traveler (2): Okay, but first I want to hit the armorsmith. Something's loose on my cuirass and it's driving me crazy.
- Traveler (1): Can you believe this place? Weaponsmiths, armorsmiths, jewelers, tailors, artificers...and not a decent cafe in the entire complex.
- Traveler (2): Let's head up north to Arterium Haven for lunch. The food may be just bland haven fare, but you can't beat the prices.
- Traveler (1): But how do you tell friendly from foe-ly?
- Traveler (2): Trial and error? If a red hylek tears your arm off, you know to avoid the red hylek.
- Trader (1): Want some quick cash? Hydrone Unit has a hundred and one uses for hylek poison and they're willing to pay.
- Trader (2): No thank you. Hylek have only one use for hylek poison, but it's an extremely effective one.
- Trader (1): A few more good days like this, and I'll be able to afford materials to craft my own golem.
- Trader (2): Take some advice from an established genius. Go pick one up at the factory. It's cheaper that way.
- Trader (1): College of Statics, eh? Dynamics graduates tend to fare better as traders. No offense.
- Trader (2): None taken...yet. Why do you say that?
- Trader (1): You Statics build too well. To stay in business, you need to keep customers coming back.
- Trader (2): And the College of Dynamics manages that?
- Trader (1): Oh, absolutely. They practically invented the concept of planned obsolescence.
- Trader: We traders suffer every time Hydrone Unit sends a krewe out to victimize the hylek.
- Traveler: Why? can't the hylek distinguish friendly traders from hostile harvesters?
- Trader: They don't care. They see asura hunting hylek, and they lose all interest in commerce.
- Trader: I'm ruined! Skritt lured me from my lab, locked me out, and picked the place clean.
- Traveler: You were outsmarted by skritt?
- Trader: I wasn't outsmarted. I was outmaneuvered.
- Traveler: Call it what you like. A pack of gibbering, noisome animals still got the best of you.
- Trader: There were a lot of them!
- Trader: A pair of skritt absconded with my inventory, but I tracked them back to their cave.
- Traveler: So you were able to retrieve your merchandise, hmm?
- Trader: Couldn't even find it. Their nest looked like someone took seven separate labs and packed them all together like a snowball.
- Bulk ingredients
- To reach the Jeweler's and Artificer's crafting stations, jump up all three sets of steps to the top of the main building.
- "Desideratum" is a Latin noun meaning "Something wished for or considered desirable."