Slay the Shatterer
Slay the Shatterer
- Lowland Burns
- Event type
- Group event
- Part of
- Kralkatorrik's Legacy
- Preceded by
- Collect siege weapon pieces for Crusader Blackhorn
Escort the Sentinel squad to the Vigil camp in Lowland Burns
- The Shatterer
- Time limit: 15:00
- Dragon Chest once a day per character.
- Bonus chest once a day per account.
|The Shatterer||01:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||04:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||07:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||10:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||13:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||16:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||19:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||22:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
WalkthroughThe Shatterer will land north of Lowland Burns Waypoint — after the two pre-events have been completed and the NPCs make their way back to the base situated at the waypoint. Lowland Burns Waypoint will remain uncontested while the Shatterer is spawned, unlike most other waypoints next to world boss spawns.
- The turret gives you two abilities: a single target bomb attack that knocks back, and a AoE bleed and cripple bomb attack. The impact damage of the two attacks is identical; the main difference is that the first skill inflicts instant breakbar damage while the second inflicts greater actual damage thanks to the bleeding.
- The mortar gives you two abilities: a bomb attack and a med kit deployment skill (that deploys med kits for other players, which count toward the Medic! achievement.)
- The launchpad launches players into the air. Players that have Glider Basics will be able to glide mid-jump and gain access to three skills. The first two are the same as the mortar (and also count towards Medic!) and the third is a self-heal.
If the Shatterer targets a player with Shatterer Lightning Field while gliding, he will hit that player with an attack that will knock them out of the sky and potentially kill them; they can dodge the attack for the Shattering Evasion achievement. The Shatterer also has a slamming attack which sends out a wave of crystals which do high damage, and a roar which sends burning AoE and summons large numbers of spawns, including champions.
- The Shatterer's Defiance bar
Periodically, the Shatterer's breakbar will change from segmented grey to teal, and if it is not broken before the window time expires he will become untargetable and use his Shard Storm attack. Breaking the bar, and thus preventing the attack, will progress the No-Fly Zone achievement and must be done every time during a single fight for the Smash the Dragon achievement. It is advised to gather as many players as possible around the glider pads about 15 seconds in advance to allow coordination prior to each jump. Jumps should be done about 5 seconds before breakbar appears. The most common times for jumps are 14:15, 12:15, 9:45, 7:45 (see below for more information).
- Pulsating Crystals
Beginning at 50% health, the Shatterer will use a skill every few minutes where he becomes Invulnerable and summons 5 Pulsating Crystals placed throughout the battlefield that will regenerate his health at a rapid rate. All players in the fight will receive a notification just before they are summoned. Each crystal has a Defiance bar that must be broken before they will take any significant damage, at which point they can be quickly destroyed. Once all crystals are destroyed the Shatterer will become susceptible to damage again. Destroying the crystals advances the Crystal Healing Denier achievement.
- Breakbar and Crystals times
Breakbar and Crystals rotation is split in 2 parts: before first set of crystals and after first set of crystals.
The one after first set of crystals depends on time when they appear. A 1-2 second variance is common, but sometimes the big purple dragon doesn't follow this schedule.
|First crystals||B||C||B||C||B||Latest kill in the datasets|
|13:10||12:10||10:35 (12 Feb 2018, 01:00AM UTC)|
|12:50 (first flight 14:12)||12:10||10:20|
|11:08||Not enough data|
|Later||Not enough data|
- Branded Bombardier
- Branded Ravager
- Branded Sunderer
- Champion Branded Bombardier
- Champion Branded Ravager
- Champion Branded Sunderer
- Elite Branded Bombardier
- Elite Branded Ravager
- Elite Branded Sunderer
- The Shatterer
- Veteran Branded Bombardier
- Veteran Branded Lieutenant
- Veteran Branded Ravager
- Veteran Branded Sunderer
- Before event starts
- Warmaster Smoketail: It's too quiet. I need something to disembowel. (laugh)
- Event starts
- Vigil Crusader: It's down! Fire the siege engines! Go, go, go!
- Before using the breath attack
- Vigil Crusader: Is it gonna breathe? It is, it's breathing! Watch out for the fire! Move, move, move!
- Before using Impale
- Vigil Crusader: Be ready to move—here comes the ground shake!
- When it imprisons players
- Vigil Crusader: Get everyone out of the crystals! They're going to explode!
- The Shatterer (achievements)
- Bosses: Shattered — Break 5 people out of crystal prisons created by the Shatterer. (10 )
- Long Live the Lich: The Tyrian Service Medal — Acquire all the available medals from the Tyrian campaign. (1 )
- Legendary Weapons: Chuka and Champawat IV: Tiger Training Guide — As my tigers grow, it's a daily challenge to learn for myself the lessons I need to be able to impart to the cubs when they're ready. (0)
- Legendary Weapons: HOPE III: Prototype — As the hylek are masters of alchemy, so too are the asura the wizards of technomagical research. They understand the forces in play in their Eternal Alchemy and how to apply them to the greater world. Uncover their secrets in your work to attain Prototype, the next step in your legendary for attaining HOPE. (3)
- Legendary Weapons: The Bifrost III: The Legend — Light shines upon the world, creating the colors around us. Study and create the color palette of the world using artistry and light. Channel this rainbow into your efforts to craft the legendary precursor The Legend. (3)