Slay the Shatterer
Slay the Shatterer
- Lowland Burns
- Event type
- Group event
- Part of
- Kralkatorrik's Legacy
- Preceded by
- Collect siege weapon pieces for Crusader Blackhorn
Escort the Sentinel squad to the Vigil camp in Lowland Burns
- The Shatterer
- Time limit: 15:00
- Dragon Chest once a day per character.
- Bonus chest - once a day per account that contains Piece of Rare Unidentified Gear (2).
- Blazeridge Steppes Service Cross
- See Related achievements section for collection item rewards.
|The Shatterer||01:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||04:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||07:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||10:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||13:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||16:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||19:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
|The Shatterer||22:00||...||Blazeridge Steppes||Lowland Burns|
The Shatterer will land north of Lowland Burns Waypoint — after the two pre-events have been completed and the NPCs make their way back to the base situated at the waypoint. Lowland Burns Waypoint will remain uncontested while the Shatterer is spawned, unlike most other waypoints next to world boss spawns.
- The turret gives you two abilities: Bombard, a single target bomb attack that knocks back; and Shrapnel Shell, a AoE bleed and cripple bomb attack. The impact damage of the two attacks is identical; the main difference is that the first skill inflicts instant breakbar damage while the second inflicts greater actual damage thanks to the bleeding.
- The mortar gives you two abilities: Mortar Volley and Med Kit Volley.
- The launchpad launches players into the air. Players that have Glider Basics will be able to glide mid-jump and gain access to three skills, Drop Bombs, Drop Med Kits, and Consume Med Kit.
If the Shatterer targets a player with Shatterer Lightning Field while gliding, he will hit that player with an attack that will knock them out of the sky, potentially kill them. The Shatterer also has a slamming attack which sends out a wave of crystals which do high damage, and a roar which sends burning AoE and summons large numbers of spawns, including champions.
- The Shatterer's Defiance bar
Periodically, the Shatterer's breakbar will change from segmented grey to teal, and if it is not broken before the window time expires he will become untargetable and use his Shard Storm attack.
It is advised to gather as many players as possible around the glider pads about 15 seconds in advance to allow coordination prior to each jump. Jumps should be done about 5 seconds before breakbar appears. The most common times for jumps are 14:15, 12:15, 9:45, 7:45 (see below for more information).
- Pulsating Crystals
Beginning at 50% health, the Shatterer will use a skill every few minutes where he becomes Invulnerable and summons 5 Pulsating Crystals placed throughout the battlefield that will regenerate his health at a rapid rate. All players in the fight will receive a notification just before they are summoned. Each crystal has a Defiance bar that must be broken before they will take any significant damage, at which point they can be quickly destroyed. Once all crystals are destroyed the Shatterer will become susceptible to damage again.
- Breakbar and Crystals times
Breakbar and Crystals rotation is split in 2 parts: before first set of crystals and after first set of crystals.
The one after first set of crystals depends on time when they appear. A 1-2 second variance is common, but sometimes the big purple dragon doesn't follow this schedule.
|First crystals||B||C||B||C||B||Latest kill in the datasets|
|13:10||12:10||10:35 (12 Feb 2018, 01:00AM UTC)|
|12:50 (first flight 14:12)||12:10||10:20|
|11:08||Not enough data|
|Later||Not enough data|
Once the Shatterer reaches 50% health points, he will spawn 5 Pulsating Crystals placed throughout the battlefield. Destroying the crystals advances the achievement. These crystals take significantly reduced damage while their Defiance bar is unbroken. It is recommended that players bring some crowd control with them in order to destroy these crystals quickly.
Head North from Lowland Burns Waypoint — , past the Mortar and Turrets. The Shatterer will land just North of the dead tree on the Western side.
Using the mortar, the player is able to access the ability required for this achievement. Interact with one of the mortars and use the Med Kit Volley skill near the cluster of players that tend to gather near his front feet. If the player owns Heart of Thorns and has basic gliding unlocked, they could also use one of the launch pads. While gliding during this fight, you will be given additional skills that can be used. Two of which are functionally the same as the mortar skills. Using the Drop Med Kits skill will also count towards the achievement.
Use the mortar, turret, and launch pad at least once. With the mortar and turret, you only need to use one of the abilities to get progress towards the achievement. The launchpad requires the player to own the Heart of Thorns expansion and to have mastery, Glider Basics, unlocked.
This achievement requires the Heart of Thorns expansion and Stealth Gliding. While gliding, you will sometimes see a red target icon appear above your head. When this occurs, this means you are going to be hit by Shatterer Lightning Field shortly; dodge when you see this target above your head.
Every so often, the Shatterer’s defiance bar changes from grey to teal. Breaking this bar prevents him from casting his Shard Storm attack and grants progress towards this achievement. Gliding during this fight grants players the Drop Bombs ability, which is considered a crowd control. Players with the Heart of Thorns expansion and gliding basics unlocked is advised to use the launch pads just prior to the bar becoming breakable.
This achievement requires the players to break the defiance bar every time during a single fight for the achievement. As with the No-fly Zone achievement, it is recommended that players with Heart of Thorns unlocked use the launch pads just prior to the defiance bar turning teal.
- Branded Bombardier
- Branded Ravager
- Branded Sunderer
- Champion Branded Bombardier (Only when upscaled)
- Champion Branded Ravager (Only when upscaled)
- Champion Branded Sunderer (Only when upscaled)
- Elite Branded Bombardier (Only when upscaled)
- Elite Branded Ravager (Only when upscaled)
- Elite Branded Sunderer (Only when upscaled)
- The Shatterer
- Veteran Branded Bombardier (Only when upscaled)
- Veteran Branded Lieutenant
- Veteran Branded Ravager (Only when upscaled)
- Veteran Branded Sunderer (Only when upscaled)
- Before event starts
- Warmaster Smoketail: It's too quiet. I need something to disembowel. (laugh)
- Event starts
- Vigil Crusader: It's down! Fire the siege engines! Go, go, go!
- Before using the breath attack
- Vigil Crusader: Is it gonna breathe? It is, it's breathing! Watch out for the fire! Move, move, move!
- Before using Impale
- Vigil Crusader: Be ready to move—here comes the ground shake!
- When it imprisons players
- Vigil Crusader: Get everyone out of the crystals! They're going to explode!
- The Shatterer (achievements)
- Bosses: Shattered — Break 5 people out of crystal prisons created by the Shatterer. (10 )
- The Tyrian Service Medal: Blazeridge Steppes Service Cross
- Bolt III: Zap: Bottle of Shatterer Energy
- The Bifrost III: The Legend: Experiencing the Crystal
- Frostfang I: The Experimental Axe: Essence of Kralkatorrik
- Rodgort I: The Experimental Torch: Burn the Shatterer's Crystal
- HOPE III: Prototype: Empty Branded Crystal
- The Flameseeker Prophecies III: The Chosen: From beyond the Crystal
- The Juggernaut III: The Colossus: Disgruntled Ooze
- Astralaria IV: The Cosmos: Kralkatorrik's Magic
- Chuka and Champawat IV: Tiger Training Guide: Lesson: Avoid Dragons