1 2 2 1 1
Click to enlarge.
Malevolent spirit monsters from the Underworld haunt the Godslost Swamp, where the barrier between this world and theirs is the thinnest. The greatest and most terrifying of these fell beasts is the Shadow Behemoth, a gargantuan fiend that broke through to the world of light and substance to devour and destroy all that it can.
— Pre-launch description of the area
The Godslost Swamp is an area of Queensdale, in which the sunken Temple of the Ages resides. It was formerly part of the Black Curtain. Part of the swamp has been overrun with Portals to the Underworld, due to a weakening of the barriers between Tyria and the Mists.
Locations and objectives
- Renown Hearts
- Help Historian Garrod investigate Godslost Swamp (15)
- Godslost Waypoint —
- Swamplost Haven Waypoint —
- Swamplost Haven
Godslost Swamp Vista —
- This vista is up a slope in the center of the swamp, to go up you need to use the roots of a tree directly west of Deathroot Shack.
- Hero challenges
- Temple of the Ages
- Protect the brew shipment (14)
- Defeat the shadow behemoth (15) [Group Event]
- Drive back Underworld creatures by destroying portals in the swamp (15) [Group Event]
- Raven (80)
- Tortured Spirit/Wrathful Spirit/Restful Spirit (14-15)
- Brother Ral (15)
- Brother Cletus (15)
- Deputy Styne (15)
- Explorer Mak (15)
- Explorer Neel
- Explorer Yilla
- Guardian Allise
- Guardian Kat
- Guardian Klave (15)
- Guardian Lem
- Guardian Shei
- Guardian Trent
- Historian Valorr
- Priestess of Balthazar (15)
- Scholar Debb (15)
- Scholar Taryn (15)
- Sheriff Nevalt (16)
- Scribe Treema
- Dead Body
- Lionguard (15)
- Veteran Fleshreaver (14-15)
- Wrathful Spirit (14)
- Firefly (14, 15)
- Putrid Skelk (14)
- At the Durmand Priory camp
- Scholar Taryn: This'll lead straight into the Underworld, if it works right.
- Brother Ral: And if it doesn't?
- Scholar Taryn: I suppose we'll discover that later.
- (After the fight is over)
- Brother Ral: Indeed. We discovered what would happen.
- Scholar Taryn: Yes, yes we did. Think we should do it again sometime?
- Brother Ral: Oh, probably not. That never stops us, though.
- Scholar Taryn: When it comes to science, err on the side of curiosity.
- At Swamplost Haven
- Lionguard (1): Whoever decided to station me at the swamp must really hate me. It's so humid, I can feel my armor rusting.
- Lionguard (2): Maybe you'd start getting better assignments if you stopped complaining.
- Lionguard (1): Have you seen the bugs out here?
- Lionguard (2): Neat, aren't they?
- Lionguard (1): If by "neat," you mean "heart-stoppingly huge."
- Lionguard: Don't you ever get tired of following soldiers around, blessing them?
- Priestess of Balthazar: Don't you ever get tired of helping people? No? Well, neither do I.
- Lionguard (1): So, bookah, how is that whole "praying to a bunch of invisible beings" working out for you?
- Lionguard (2): I wouldn't mock others for odd beliefs. Your kind believes the world is a machine.
- Lionguard (1): It is, yes. It's a terrific structure to be studied and understood.
- Lionguard (2): How can you study something as big as the world when your own golem ran off?
- Lionguard (1): It didn't run off, it just had an unscheduled momentum overload.
- Lionguard (2): And you think it'll return one day?
- Lionguard (1): Yes. It's only been two weeks.
- Lionguard (2): Now that, my friend, is an act of faith.