HOPE IV: The Catalyst
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
HOPE IV: The Catalyst is a Legendary Weapons collection achievement to gain the Gift of the Catalyst for the legendary pistol, HOPE. This collection is the fourth step to obtain the weapon.
|HOPE IV: The Catalyst||Legendary Weapons||3|
|Let magical energy and alchemical potions combine as you bring the energies of asura and hylek together to create and charge a more perfect weapon, gaining the Gift of the Catalyst,
the penultimate step in your journey to gain HOPE, the legendary pistol.
|Collected 1 Items||1|
|Collected 59 Items||2|
- While this collection gives the Gift of the Catalyst, there are still many more components beyond these required to craft HOPE. You will already have Prototype, which unlocks this collection. See Gift of HOPE, Gift of Maguuma Mastery, and Mystic Tribute for further information.
- There are several primary tasks required to complete this collection:
- Garner extraction techniques and tools from G.O.X. 2.0, Atlalli, Master Alchemist, Farmer Eda, Jett, Ogden Stonehealer, Countess Anise, the Priestess of Dwayna, and Spekks's Laboratory. You may want to tackle each tutor and their associated sub-collection individually in order to save on inventory space.
- Formulate the Concentrated Volatile Substance from compounds looted from various creatures ranging from normal slimes to legendary champions.
- Gather the various ichors using Atlalli's method and combine them into the Ichor Alkahest.
- Collect the spider venoms from the various Champion Spiders using Eda's method and combine them into the Arachnid Venom Decanter.
- Use the M-PEC to collect the ingredients for the Concentrated Maguuma Bacteria.
- Use Ogden's Dwarven Spell Trap to collect magic from demons and the Ancient Karka.
- Energize the Soul Battery Fragment with the power of the Risen Champions.
- Fill Pure Crystalline Phials with different types of corruption.
- Gather chaotic energies into the Crystallized Magic.
- With the Incomplete Catalytic Converter in hand, gather the power cores held by Mordremoth and his commanders.
- Assemble the Catalytic Converter in the hidden lab.
- Return to Atlalli to create the Alchemical Catalyst.
- Fuse the contained magicks at the Metal Forest to create the Transcendent Energy.
- The Branded Devourer Ichor can also be obtained by the Giant Branded Devourer in Fields of Ruin as an alternative due to the frequency of the original event bugging out.
- The Icebrood Crystalline Phial can also be obtained from Champion Icebrood Quaggans accompanying the Claw of Jormag, due to the need of the original event chain requiring an event failure.
- You only need to buy one Pure Crystalline Phial in total.
- Huntsman 500 is required to complete the collection; you will already have it if you have reached this stage.
- Scholar of Secrets (Legendary Crafting 4), and Exalted Assistance (Exalted Lore 3) are required to complete the collection.
- Updraft Use (Glider 2), and Exalted Markings (Exalted Lore 1) are also required, but you will have already obtained these by this stage.
- Additionally, Nuhoch Wallows or Nuhoch Alchemy (Nuhoch Lore 2 or 6) and either Advanced Gliding or Ley-Line Gliding (Glider 5 or 6) may prove useful in your hunt.
- The ascended materials used in this step (12 Deldrimor Steel Ingots) will require 12 days to craft, if you are starting from scratch and do not resort to the trade post.
- The legendary weapon itself requires Huntsman 500 to craft some of its components. You will already have this at this stage.
- You will need full training in each of the Heart of Thorns masteries in order to purchase components for the Gift of Insights, i.e. Ley-Line Gliding (Glider 6), Adrenal Mushrooms (Itzel Lore 6), Nuhoch Alchemy (Nuhoch Lore 6), and Exalted Gathering (Exalted Lore 5).
- You will need to complete the Gift of Battle Item Reward Track in WvW to acquire a Gift of Battle.
- You will need a Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy, which requires salvaging at least one ascended piece of equipment.
- You will need map completion of each Heart of Thorns area to obtain the components for the Gift of Maguuma. Individual areas may be completed on different characters, so long as each one is completed on at least one character.
- The final combine is done in the Mystic Forge. The items needed are Prototype, Mystic Tribute, Gift of Hope and Gift of Maguuma Mastery