HOPE IV: The Catalyst
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
|HOPE IV: The Catalyst||Legendary Weapons||3|
| Let magical energy and alchemical potions combine as you bring the energies of asura and hylek together to create and charge a more perfect weapon, gaining the Gift of the Catalyst,
the penultimate step in your journey to gain HOPE, the legendary pistol.
|Collected 1 items||1|
|Collected 59 items||2|
|Dwarven Spell Trap||Speak with Ogden, in the Durmand Priory within Lornar's Pass, to obtain this.|
|Fleshreaver's Magic||Activate the Dwarven Spell Trap before defeating the Fleshreaver inside the cave at Onager Bivouac in Fireheart Rise to collect its ancient magic.|
|Karka Queen's Magic||Activate the Dwarven Spell Trap before defeating the Legendary Karka Queen in Southsun Cove to collect her ancient magic.|
|Fleshgrazer's Magic||Activate the Dwarven Spell Trap before defeating Fleshgrazer inside Forsaken Fortune in Dredgehaunt Cliffs to collect its ancient magic.|
|Charged Dwarven Spell Trap||Use the Dwarven Spell Trap after gathering the three ancient magics to completely charge it.|
|Soul Battery Fragment||Speak with Countess Anise in the Throne Room of Divinity's Reach to obtain the Soul Battery Fragment.|
|Risen High Wizard Soul Energy||Activate the Soul Battery Fragment before defeating the Legendary Risen High Wizard at the Narthex in Cursed Shore to capture its soul energy.|
|Risen King Soul Energy||Activate the Soul Battery Fragment before defeating the Risen King, located inside the Reliquary Vault of Cursed Shore, to capture its soul energy.|
|Risen Knight Soul Energy||Activate the Soul Battery Fragment before defeating the Champion Risen Knight, located near the Dwayna Statue in Malchor's Leap, to capture its soul energy.|
|Karas the Undying's Soul Energy||Activate the Soul Battery Fragment before defeating Karas the Undying, west of Rayhan Bayt in Malchor's Leap, to capture its soul energy.|
|Energized Soul Battery Fragment||Gather four soul energies to power the Soul Battery Fragment.|
|Pure Crystalline Phial||Speak with the Priestess of Dwayna, at the Plaza of Dwayna in Divinity's Reach, to purchase Pure Crystalline Phials.|
|Branded Crystalline Phial||Corrupt a Pure Crystalline Phial in your inventory by defeating a Veteran Branded Spark found east of Skara Braevus in Blazeridge Steppes.|
|Icebrood Crystalline Phial||Corrupt a Pure Crystalline Phial in your inventory by defeating the Champion Icebrood Quaggan located inside the cave in the south of Leopard's Tail Valley in Frostgorge Sound.|
|Risen Crystalline Phial||Corrupt a Pure Crystalline Phial in your inventory by defeating the Champion Risen Wraith at the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance in Malchor's Leap.|
|Mordrem-Influenced Crystalline Phial||Corrupt a Pure Crystalline Phial in your inventory by defeating Vinetooth Prime inside Vinetooth's Den in Auric Basin.|
|Dhuum-Touched Crystalline Phial||Corrupt a Pure Crystalline Phial in your inventory by defeating the Shadow Behemoth when it arises in Godslost Swamp in Queensdale.|
|Case of Corrupted Crystalline Phials||Combine five different corrupted crystalline phials into the Case of Corrupted Crystalline Phials.|
|Crystallized Magic||Found by looting the chest in Spekk's Laboratory in Caledon Forest.|
|Force of the Searing||With the Crystallized Magic in your inventory, gather the searing's chaotic energy by looting the chest at the end of the Urban Battlegrounds Fractal.|
|Ectoplasmic Vapor||With the Crystallized Magic in your inventory, gather chaotic ectoplasmic energy by looting the Ascalonian ghosts found at the Old Piken Ruins in Iron Marches.|
|Ley-Line Hub Radiation||With the Crystallized Magic in your inventory, gather chaotic ley-line energy by defeating earth elementals near Omadd's Machine within the Cavern of the Shining Lights in Dry Top.|
|Chaotic Magics||Gather and combine the three chaotic energies with a piece of Crystallized Magic to create the Chaotic Magic.|
|Transcendent Energy||Take the Charged Dwarven Spell Trap, Energized Soul Battery Fragment, Case of Corrupted Crystalline Phials, and Chaotic Magic to the Metal Forest on Pyrite Peninsula in Malchor's Leap to combine them into Transcendent Energy.|
|Empty Hylek Flask|| Recipe purchased from Atlalli, Mastery|
[sic]Alchemist at the Hunting Banks of Timberline Falls.
|Sulfuric Egg||A volatile ingredient looted from the Veteran Matriarch after rescuing Wark from the infatuated harpy inside the western ruins of the Shattered Palisades in Blazeridge Steppes.|
|Slimemold||A volatile ingredient occasionally looted from toxic oozes.|
|Crystallized Chaos||A volatile ingredient looted from Vilnia Shadowsong near the Raven Shaman's Power Source hidden within Darkhoof Heights in Snowden Drifts.|
|Naphthenic Acid||A volatile ingredient looted from the Mordrem Wyvern at Matriarch's Perch in Verdant Brink.|
|Concentrated Volatile Substance||With an Empty Hylek Flask in your inventory, mix the four volatile ingredients to form the Concentrated Volatile Substance.|
|Ichor Extraction Technique||Speak with Atlalli, the Mastery Alchemist, at the Hunting Grounds in Timberline Falls, to learn his secret ichor extraction technique.|
|Common Chak Ichor||After learning the special technique, achieve a rank silver or better in the Haywire Punch-o-Matic Battle adventure within the Rata Novus Lane of Tangled Depths to gather the chak's ichor.|
|Royal Wasp Ichor||After learning the special technique, defeat the Champion Wasp Queen near the Ebonhawke Delegation in Fields of Ruin to gather her ichor.|
|Branded Devourer Ichor||After learning the special technique, defeat the Champion Branded Devourer Queen inside The Infestation in Iron Marches or the Champion Giant Branded Devourer in Sniper's Woods in Fields of Ruin to gather the ichor.|
|Royal Chak Ichor||After learning the special technique, defeat the Legendary Chak Gerent in Tangled Depths to gather its ichor.|
|Ichor Alkahest||With an Empty Hylek Flask in your inventory, mix all four ichors together to create the Ichor Alkahest.|
|Spider Venom Extraction Technique||Speak with Eda in Queensdale to learn her spider venom extraction technique.|
|Gargantula's Venom||After learning the special technique, defeat Gargantula inside the cave at Wynchona Woods in Harathi Hinterlands and loot her venom.|
|Toxic Spider Queen's Venom||After learning the special technique, defeat the Toxic Spider Queen just north of the Togatl Grounds in Kessex Hills and loot her venom.|
|Canyon Spider Queen's Venom||After learning the special technique, defeat the Champion Canyon Spider Queen located inside the Sweltering Canyons of Fireheart Rise and loot her venom.|
|Enraged Spider Queen's Venom||After learning the special technique, defeat the Enraged Spider Queen outside the mansion of Almuten Estates in Gendarran Fields and loot her venom.|
|Arachnid Venom Decanter||With an Empty Hylek Flask in your inventory, mix the four spider venoms to create the Arachnid Venom Decanter.|
|M-PEC||Speak with Jett, along the southern road exiting Griffonfall in Auric Basin, to obtain the M-PEC.|
|Mushroom Emperor's Volatile Spores||Activate the M-PEC before defeating a Champion Mushroom Emperor in Tangled Depths or Dragon's Stand to gather its spores.|
|Bloodsucker Enzymes||Activate the M-PEC before defeating a Veteran Bloodsucker inside the caves of Auric Basin to gather its enzymes.|
|Beetle Juice||Activate the M-PEC before defeating the Veteran Follower of Zintl outside the Capitzel Grounds in Auric Basin to gather their beetle's juice.|
|Frothy Troll Saliva||Activate the M-PEC before defeating a Veteran Deep Cave Troll found inside the damp caverns in either Auric Basin or Tangled Depths to gather its saliva.|
|Malodorous Mucus||Activate the M-PEC before defeating a Champion Arrowhead at Arrowhead Vale in Auric Basin to gather its mucus.|
|Salivary Stone||Activate the M-PEC before defeating a Champion Stonehead near the Griffonfall Pylon in Auric Basin to gather its salivary stone.|
|Concentrated Maguuma Bacteria||With an Empty Hylek Flask in your inventory, mix the six jungle bacteria to create the Concentrated Maguuma Bacteria.|
|Alchemical Catalyst||Take the Concentrated Volatile Substance, Ichor Alkahest, Arachnid Venom Decanter, and Concentrated Maguuma Bacteria to the Alchemy Mixing Table near Atlalli, Master Alchemist in the Hunting Banks of Timberline Falls, to create the Alchemical Catalyst.|
|Incomplete Catalytic Converter||Speak with G.O.X. 2.0 at Zinn's Office, located inside the Rata Novus Command Center in Tangled Depths, to gain the Incomplete Catalytic Converter.|
|Blademaster's Core||After obtaining the Incomplete Catalytic Converter, gather the Blademaster's jungle dragon core by defeating Mordremoth's commander near the Central Blighting Tower in Dragon's Stand.|
|Axemaster's Core||After obtaining the Incomplete Catalytic Converter, gather the Axemaster's jungle dragon core by defeating Mordremoth's commander near the Southern Blighting Tower in Dragon's Stand.|
|Stavemaster's Core||After obtaining the Incomplete Catalytic Converter, gather the Stavemaster's jungle dragon core by defeating Mordremoth's commander near the Northern Blighting Tower in Dragon's Stand.|
|Mordremoth's Core||After obtaining the Incomplete Catalytic Converter, gather Mordremoth's core by slaying the Elder Dragon in Dragon's Stand.|
|Catalytic Converter||To complete the Catalytic Converter, combine the jungle dragon cores with the Incomplete Catalytic Converter and a Vision Crystal by channeling the Ancient Power Core inside the secret lab beneath the Decayed Hive in Tangled Depths.|
|HOPE Vol. 4||Purchased from Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs after training the Scholar of Secrets ability in the Legendary Crafting Mastery Track.|
|Prototype||This weapon is used to craft the legendary pistol HOPE.|
- While this collection gives the Gift of the Catalyst, there are still many more components beyond these required to craft HOPE. You will already have Prototype, which unlocks this collection. See Gift of HOPE, Gift of Maguuma Mastery, and Mystic Tribute for further information.
- There are several primary tasks required to complete this collection:
- Garner extraction techniques and tools from G.O.X. 2.0, Atlalli, Master Alchemist, Farmer Eda, Jett, Ogden Stonehealer, Countess Anise, the Priestess of Dwayna, and Spekks's Laboratory. You may want to tackle each tutor and their associated sub-collection individually in order to save on inventory space.
- Formulate the Concentrated Volatile Substance from compounds looted from various creatures ranging from normal slimes to legendary champions.
- Gather the various ichors using Atlalli's method and combine them into the Ichor Alkahest.
- Collect the spider venoms from the various Champion Spiders using Eda's method and combine them into the Arachnid Venom Decanter.
- Use the M-PEC to collect the ingredients for the Concentrated Maguuma Bacteria.
- Use Ogden's Dwarven Spell Trap to collect magic from demons and the Ancient Karka.
- Energize the Soul Battery Fragment with the power of the Risen Champions.
- Fill Pure Crystalline Phials with different types of corruption.
- Gather chaotic energies into the Crystallized Magic.
- With the Incomplete Catalytic Converter in hand, gather the power cores held by Mordremoth and his commanders.
- Assemble the Catalytic Converter in the hidden lab.
- Return to Atlalli to create the Alchemical Catalyst.
- Fuse the contained magicks at the Metal Forest to create the Transcendent Energy.
- The Branded Devourer Ichor can also be obtained by the Giant Branded Devourer in Fields of Ruin as an alternative due to the frequency of the original event bugging out.
- The Icebrood Crystalline Phial can also be obtained from Champion Icebrood Quaggans accompanying the Claw of Jormag, due to the need of the original event chain requiring an event failure.
- Huntsman 500 is required to complete the collection; you will already have it if you have reached this stage.
- Scholar of Secrets (Legendary Crafting 4), and Exalted Assistance (Exalted Lore 3) are required to complete the collection.
- The ascended materials used in this step (12 Deldrimor Steel Ingots) will require 12 days to craft, if you are starting from scratch and do not resort to the trade post.
- The legendary weapon itself requires Huntsman 500 to craft some of its components. You will already have this at this stage.
- You will need full training in each of the Heart of Thorns masteries in order to purchase components for the Gift of Insights, i.e. Ley-Line Gliding (Glider 6), Adrenal Mushrooms (Itzel Lore 6), Nuhoch Alchemy (Nuhoch Lore 6), and Exalted Gathering (Exalted Lore 5).
- You will need to complete the Gift of Battle Item Reward Track in WvW to acquire a Gift of Battle.
- You will need a Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy, which requires salvaging at least one ascended piece of equipment.
- You will need map completion of each Heart of Thorns area to obtain the components for the Gift of Maguuma. Individual areas may be completed on different characters, so long as each one is completed on at least one character.