Historian Tranton Heinsworth is a member of the Durmand Priory and an expert on the Seers. He was trained as a novice by Randall Greyston, the former leading expert on Seers before he disappeared within Arah. Tranton holds information about the Shadowstone which had once been used by the Seers and which he claims can contain excess magic within it.
- When Burden of Choice is unlocked and before receiving Broken Shadowstone
- Hello, Commander. Can I help you with something?
- seers encounter with high concentrations of magic?
What problems did the
- Even when they created the Bloodstone, I don't think it is very likely that they ever dealt with ley-line energy on the levels we are seeing today.
- The purpose of creating the bloodstone was to scrape together the tiny bit of energy that was left in the world when the dragons had consumed most of it.
Still, focusing what was left must have been dangerous.
- There is an artifact we uncovered that I believe may even predate the bloodstone. The bloodstone as we know it was likely a culmination of a method they had to store magic.
- This artifact seems to basically be a small bloodstone that they used to amplify their own magical abilities in order to create the larger stone. We call it a Shadowstone.
How would this help?
- Encountering a high concentration of magic may have infected you with a dangerous overflow of magic. If I'm right about this artifact, you may be able to contain the excess magic with it.
Do you think the artifact could be restored?
- I think, coincidentally, enough pieces of the shattered bloodstone could be used to restore the Shadowstone.
This sounds like it could be dangerous. Is this dangerous?
- There is certainly some risk, but I think there is an equal if not greater risk to leaving you in this condition.
Fair point. What do I need to do?
- We've heard reports of bloodstone slivers falling from the sky. If you were to collect four good slivers, we should be able to restore this artifact. (receives Broken Shadowstone)
- I'm on it.
- No thanks, this sounds like a bad idea.
- After receiving the Broken Shadowstone, but before repairing it
- How goes the collecting?
- Can you tell me about your Shadowstone theories again? (same as "Go on" above)
- When Burden of Choice is unlocked and after speaking to Tradesman Maezz
- You're back!
Are you absolutely sure it's a good idea to use the Shadowstone on me?
- I can't say I'm certain, but I really do think this is our best shot. Did you find all of the slivers?
- I did. The Shadowstone is complete. (If you've collected the 4 bloodstone slivers)
- Not yet. I'll come back when I do. (Lie) (If you've collected the 4 bloodstone slivers)
- Are you ready to give me the artifact so that I can attempt to use it on you?
Yes. Here you go, Let's do this.
- Are you sure? Whatever is about to happen is probably going to be permanent.
- I understand. I'm ready.
- I'm not ready yet.
- Not yet.
- After using the Reforged Shadowstone on yourself
- How...do you feel?
What did the Shadowstone do to me!?
- I think it worked, Commander. I will have to do more studying.
- I hope I don't regret this.
- He will always say "Hello, Commander" regardless if the player has reached that point in the story or not.
- His appearance is randomly generated.