- This article is about a siege weapon. For the animal, see Ram.
A flame ram is a siege weapon that is used to break down gates. The low monetary and supply costs and high damage to gates make them the obvious choice for attacking fortifications, but their close proximity to the gate makes them vulnerable to attacks from enemy players, and also from fortification defenses such as the gate's Burning Oil.
Rams only work on gates; they are ineffective on walls. They have a range of 360 units and an AoE target cap of 50.
|1||Ram||5||Ram target with a forceful attack. Does extra damage to gates, knocks back foes.|
|1||Accelerated Ram||3¼||Ram target with a forceful attack. Does extra damage to gates, knocks back foes. (Replaces Ram for players with at least rank 3 in Flame Ram Mastery)|
|2||Flame Blast||15||Vent fire all around the ram, burning foes.|
|2||Weakening Flame Blast||15||Vent fire all around the ram, burning foes applying Structural Vulnerability to gates. (Replaces Flame Blast for players with rank 2 in Flame Ram Mastery)|
|2||Intense Flame Blast||11¼||Vent fire all around the ram, burning foes applying Structural Vulnerability to gates. (Replaces Flame Blast for players with at least rank 3 in Flame Ram Mastery)|
|3||Impact Slam||20||Ram target with a forceful attack. Does extra damage to gates and launches foes on the other side of the gate. (Available to players with at least rank 4 in Flame Ram Mastery)|
|4||Iron Will||60||Apply Iron Hide (50% damage reduction) to allies in an area. (Available to players with rank 5 in Flame Ram Mastery)|
Related world abilities
Total Cost: 60
Improve flame ram skills
|1||Gain Iron Hide while interacting with the flame ram||3|
|2||Flame Blast now applies Structural Vulnerability to gates||7|
|3||Reduce recharge of flame ram skills||10|
|4||Skill: Slam Impact — Launch enemies on the other side of the door||15|
|5||Skill: Iron Will — Support skill that applies Iron Hide to nearby allies||25|
- Rank 1 gives the Flame Ram user Iron Hide which reduces incoming damage by 50%.
- Rank 2 enhances Flame Blast such that each of the 4 pulses applies Structural Vulnerability for 20 seconds to gates. Structural Vulnerability increases the damaged dealt to gates by 1% and stacks at a maximum of 10.
- Rank 3 reduces the recharge of Flame Ram skills by 33%.
- Rank 4 adds the skill: Impact Slam which applies damage to the gate and launches any enemy trying to repair the door.
- Rank 5 adds the skill: Iron Will which applies Iron Hide on up to 50 allies in a 360 radius.
- See also: Siege weapon#Related world abilities
Superior Flame Ram
Superior Flame Rams deal 50% more damage than regular flame rams and require an additional 10 to build (50 total). They are built with Superior Flame Ram Blueprints, which are made in the mystic forge or obtained from certain containers (e.g. Boxes of WvW Supplies).
Flame Ram during Lunar New Year.
- The speed with which a flame ram destroys a target depends on the type of flame ram, use of the flame blast skill to apply Structural Vulnerability, the type of target and the proficiency of the operator.
- Flame Ram damage is improved by siege might, but not character attributes (power, might, etc.)
- Damage per hit increases by 1% for each stack of Structural Vulnerability (maximum 10) placed on the gate.
- A normal gate has 410,000 health. An upgraded (reinforced) gate has 610,000 health and 59% resistance to flame ram attack, which lowers damage per hit.
- Remember that whoever operates the ram is likely to be the target of all the defenders. It is suggested that a "tanky" character such as a warrior be the ram operator. Having passive health regeneration is also very helpful.
- It is recommended for elementalists and similar professions to use AoE healing spells on the ram operators, to help prevent them from dying.