From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Fire a blast so strong it launches your foe as you fall backward and remove movement-impairing conditions.
— In-game description [?]
- Lock On — Striking a stealthed foe triggers Invisible Analysis. Disabling a foe triggers Controlled Analysis. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- System Shocker — Disabling a foe grants you barrier. Your function gyro dazes foes when cast. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Impact Savant — A percentage of the strike damage you deal is converted into barrier. Your vitality is reduced.
- Kinetic Stabilizers — Gain stability and superspeed when disabling an enemy. Outgoing stun and daze durations increased. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- This skill causes 332 Defiance bar damage.
- This fast, efficient interrupt is useful for both offense and defense. Though it comes with a large amount of recoil, it launches targets and gives the engineer a positioning advantage while creating a large amount of distance. Once the target is knocked down, the engineer has a second to attack from range or close in with Jump Shot. As a further bonus, it cures a variety of movement-impeding conditions whether it hits or not.
- If the engineer has Stability in effect, the self knockback effect will be canceled.
- If Overcharged Shot is Reflected, the launch effect intended for the target is also reflected, resulting in a knockdown-launch combo for the engineer.
- Positional awareness when using this skill is important, as engineers can end up knocking themselves off ledges. This skill cannot launch AI-controlled units off ledges, but it can do so against other player characters in WvW and PvP.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|February 25, 2020||Competitive content update:
|August 28, 2018||
|July 10, 2018||
|May 08, 2018||
|July 28, 2015||
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update:
|August 28, 2012||Game release: