Magnetic Shield (engineer skill)
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the engineer shield skill. For the elementalist conjured skill, see Magnetic Shield (elementalist skill).
- Duration: 3 seconds
— In-game description [?]
- Over Shield — Shield skills gain reduced recharge and grant protection to nearby allies. Protection on you gains increased damage reduction.
- Applies the Absorb effect.
- There are certain projectiles that are tricky to reflect with this skill. Since this skill has a 0 radius reflect, the Engineer can only reflect projectiles that hit them directly. For this reason, projectiles that explode on contact with another player, such as Giganticus Lupicus's Necrid Bolt, are easy to reflect if they target the Engineer themselves, but almost impossible if it targets one of their allies. Similarly, Lupicus's Necrid Barrage's projectiles are almost impossible to reflect with this skill, they can only be reflected when they land directly on the Engineer. Otherwise, the projectile explodes and does damage in an area.
- This behavior is shared by Mirror.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|July 08, 2020||
|July 07, 2020||
|November 04, 2014||
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- The shield in this skill's icon resembles a Whisper's Secret Shield.