- 1333 AE
- The Icebrood Saga
- No Quarter
- Drizzlewood Coast
- Find the entrance to Ryland's "Secret Base" by following the clues in Breakroot Basin
- Make your way through the base to the War Room
- (Optional)-- get through the base without being detected
- Defeat the Charr enemies in the War Room and any others bypassed earlier.
- Defeat Cinder Steeltemper to end the mission.
- (optional)-- find the (10) intel items scattered throughout the base. (Can also be accomplished in the Open World)
- Scrap of Icebrood Saga Mastery (2)
- Gilded Strongbox
- Sip of Liquid Karma
- Charr Field Homing Beacon (2)
- Cache Key (3)
This is a stealth mission. Your goal is to avoid enemy contact while searching for intel (green scrolls lying on the ground). You start the mission with the Stealth effect, which is lost when you enter the white cone-shaped AoE in front of the foes. You are granted Assassinate special action skill which can be used five times to remove individual guards, but it is possible to finish the mission without ever using it.
As you enter, you are faced with a circular corridor. The pathway to the right is densely overlaid with guards, while the pathway to the left has a patrolling guard that will make staying hidden difficult. In many cases you can proceed stealthily by walking behind stationary guards or jumping up on and passing over elevated terrain.
The circular corridor connects to a straight corridor that ends in a large gate. After examining the gate, you will need to locate a key to open it. Several objects will now be labeled as potential hiding places. The one you want is in a room off of the straight corridor with a guard posted directly in front of the door. Carefully approach the door until you get an Interact prompt, then open the door and squeeze in behind the guard. The key is in a bag in this room, and there is also a bit of intel here as well.
Once you have the key, return to the door and interact with it to open it. This ends the stealth portion of the mission. Head inside and collect the remaining intel before rejoining your friends outside in mopping up the enemy soldiers. Once they are defeated, return to the locked room for the final showdown with Cinder Steeltemper.
|Intel Acquired||No Quarter||3|
|Find all pieces of intelligence inside the secret base.Story Instance: Snapping Steel
||Collected 10 Items||3|
- Collect all intel. Five items can be found before entering the final room; the rest are inside it. This can also be completed in open world after completing the story step. In the open world there is a transport portal covering the the door the intel is in, but it can be found on an exposed brick to the left of the door in the door's archway.
- To the right of the big rock at the start, on some crates.
- To the left of the big rock at the start, to the right of the prison cell door (outside the cell).
- In the sleeping quarters beyond the door which had to be unlocked, on a table to the left.
- In the sleeping quarters beyond the door which had to be unlocked, underneath the bed with the red awning.
- Amongst the crates on the right near the superior arrow cart and ballista.
- After passing through the gate, on the crates to the right.
- At the war table.
- At the northern door.
- Against the wall in the northeast corner near the catapult.
- To the left of the steel door from where the legendary foe emerged.
|Take down a leader inside the secret base within the time limit.Story Instance: Snapping Steel||Took Down a Leader||3|
|Snapping Steel||No Quarter||1|
|Complete Snapping Steel.Journal: Snapping Steel||Completed Snapping Steel||1|
- Complete the story step.
|You Saw Nothing||No Quarter||3|
|Reach the war room undetected.Story Instance: Snapping Steel
||Reached the War Room Undetected||3|
- Blood Legion Blademaster
- Crecia Stoneglow
- Efram Greetsglory
- Iron Legion Sentinel
- Malice Swordshadow
- Rytlock Brimstone
- Smodur the Unflinching
- Cinder Steeltemper (turns allied after being defeated)
- Dominion Duelist
- Dominion Engineer
- Dominion Marksman
- Dominion Scout
- Dominion Sentinel
- Dominion Shadow
- Dominion Smoke Shaman
- Dominion Soldier
At Breakroot Basin
- Rytlock Brimstone: Cre, we're at the edge of the basin. Nothing here.
- Crecia Stoneglow: You were expecting flashing signs? Ryland's craftier than that.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Must've gotten it from you.
- Crecia Stoneglow: If I recall, I didn't make a cub all on my own.
- Malice Swordshadow: Look around, Commander. Even a secret base has direction markers. Likely hiding in plain sight.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Report back when you’ve got coordinates.
- Evidence under the log
- A note reads, "Base in basin."
- There must be a base around here somewhere...
- <Character name>: Ryland's proving himself quite the strategist.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Seeing the leader he's turned out to be...not sure if I should be proud or terrified.
- Dirt Scribbling
- A note reads, "South cuts twist deep."
- Perhaps along the southern part of the basin, then.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Tough, smart...Hate that he's letting Bangar use him like this.
- <Character Name>: You have to let him live with his own decisions, Rytlock.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Maybe someday. Not today.
- Mysterious Mushroom
- A mushroom. It doesn't look edible...
- Not what I'm looking for.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Guess sometimes a rock is just a rock.
- Rock Carving
- A note reads: "Steel supports rock."
- Maybe somewhere along the rocks?
- <Character name>: Think I know how to get to the hidden entrance.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Finally. If Ryland's there, I'll tie him down and talk some sense into his thick head.
- <Character name>: You've still got hope then.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Got no choice.
- At the entrance to the secret hideout
- <Character name>: Crecia, we've located the entrance.
- Crecia Stoneglow: I have your position, Commander. Malice and I will meet you there shortly.
- Smodur the Unflinching: As will I. Sounds like a mission for imperators, hmm?
In the instance
- Smodur the Unflinching: I disagree with your strategy. Again. A direct attack will take this base in half the time.
- Malice Swordshadow: And give them warning to destroy whatever intel they’ve got in there.
- <Character name>: What's the plan?
- Crecia Stoneglow: We have to assume we'll be outnumbered inside-
- Somdur the Unflinching: If you'd consulted me beforehand, I could have brought a war machine or two.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Regardless. Malice is right. We need to take this base quickly and quietly.
- <Character name>: With a party this big?
- Malice Swordshadow: I can cloak a few of us so we won't be seen. But lumber around like a tank and they will hear you.
- Efram Greetsglory: Why don't Rytlock and I stay out here, cover your tail. Smodur, we could use some extra hands.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Iron, guard.
- Iron Legion Sentinel: Yes, sir!
- Malice Swordshadow: I’ve got your back, Commander.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Keep your eyes open. Communications from Bangar, intel about their next strategies—whatever you find, we can use it.
- Reaching the war room door
- Smodur the Unflinching: I could rig it to blow.
- Crecia Stoneglow: We don't know what or who's on the other side of that door.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Enemy combatants.
- <Character name>: I'd feel better if we had line of sight. Let's find a quieter way to get these doors open.
- Malice Swordshadow: Could be a key around here somewhere.
- Finding the key
- Malice Swordshadow: That should do it. Let's get the hall door open.
- Opening the war room
- Malice Swordshadow: Okay, I suggest—
- Smodur the Unflinching: This is ridiculous.
- Smodur the Unflinching: (charging yell)
- Dominion Marksman: Intruders!
- Malice Swordshadow: Damn it, Smodur!
- Smodur the Unflinching: That's right, you cowards! Taste the blades of your betters!
- Defeating the guards
- Cinder Steeltemper: Come and get some!
- Smodur the Unflinching: Watch it!
- Cinder Steeltemper: Shoulda taken my tribune's deal!
- Crecia Stoneglow: Throw down your weapon, Steeltemper.
- Cinder Steeltemper: Sorry, Stoneglow. Not happening.
- Crecia Stoneglow: You're outnumbered and outmaneuvered, Cinder.
- Cinder Steeltemper: You keep telling yourself that, Crecia.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Cinder, please. I've known your whole warband ever since you were cubs. This isn't you!
- Cinder Steeltemper: Thought we knew you, too. Guess we were wrong!
- Defeating Cinder
- Crecia Stoneglow: Stop!
- Smodur the Unflinching: What do you mean, "Stop"?
- Crecia Stoneglow: She's his second. Her life is worth more than her death. To Ryland... To us.
- Speaking with Crecia
- <Character name>: You want to use her as a bargaining chip.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Taking her prisoner will bring Ryland back to the table.
- Smodur the Unflinching: We don't want your cub at the table. We want him off the table.
- Crecia Stoneglow: There's daylight between Ryland and Bangar. We can use it. Get Ryland to see reason and switch sides.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Spare her and we look weak. Eradicate these traitors, win the war. That's the goal.
- Efram Greetsglory: I thought the goal was the survival of the charr.
- <Character name>: Crecia, I get the impulse. But isn't this off-mission? We've got to push north—stop Bangar before he can wake Jormag.
- Crecia Stoneglow: If we can bring Ryland around—and Steel with him—we can use their strength, their intel, against Bangar.
- Smodur the Unflinching: You want to bring him to heel, send him this one's head on a pike.
- Malice Swordshadow: The great diplomat.
- <Character name>: Crecia, the last parley with Ryland didn't end well. What makes you think this can work?
- Crecia Stoneglow: It's what we do for warband.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Cre's right. He’ll come. Might even listen.
- Cinder Steeltemper: Steel doesn't answer to you anymore. And you don't know Ryland at all.
- Crerecia Stoneglow: Shut up, Centurion. I want you alive, but I don't need you conscious.
- Smodur the Unflinching: This is insanity.
- Efram Greetsglory: But if it works, it could end the war without further bloodshed.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Bunch of naïve cubs, all of you.
- Malice Swordshadow: I can get a message to Ryland.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Quietly. We need him to come alone.
- Smodur the Unflinching: (disgusted noise) I'm going back out to win the war.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Good. All the noise you make will give Malice cover.
- <Character name>: Rytlock and I can help with that.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Fine. Meet me at the Iron Pavilion.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Rather stick an iron spike in my eye, but fine.