Gaheron's god form
I. Am. A. God!
Gaheron Baelfire is the Imperator of the Flame Legion. He is attempting to ascend into godhood, naming himself the "god of flame"; it is speculated by Logan Thackeray that the Flame Imperator is trying to copy, or is at least inspired by, the goddess Kormir's own ascension. Baelfire leads the Flame Legion through tyranny, uncaring about his subjects' lives and willing to sacrifice them for his own goals. As such, many modern Flame Legion rituals, such as the Baelfire ritual, involves self-mutilation or downright sacrificing lives to empower magic. Baelfire has developed a cult of personality around himself, and his most fanatic followers call themselves the Godforged.
By 1325 AE, Gaheron Baelfire had developed a powerful spell which enveloped himself and the surrounding area in ever-burning flame and stone, making himself invulnerable to any but the strongest magics (such as his own spells while in this form). This spell was spread among the charr as a rumored weapon that would allow the Flame Imperator's ascension into godhood, and drew the eye of the Pact who wanted to find out what the weapon was and use it against the Elder Dragon Zhaitan.
When the Pact and its allies from the Ash and Iron Legions stormed the Citadel of Flame, Gaheron attempted to subvert their forces from atop the overbearing Altar of Baelfire. However, Logan Thackeray, Rytlock Brimstone and the Pact Commander managed to reach Gaheron and subsequently killed the Flame Imperator by using his own magic against him before he could succeed in his goals.
Baelfire's death led to a power vacuum and a subsequent civil war between various ambitious Flame splinter groups for the Flame Imperator's vacant throne. Even death, however, did not stop Gaheron entirely as his soul remained bound to the Eternal Flame, which a splinter group loyal to him attempted to use to give his soul a new physical body. This ritual was stopped and the Eternal Flame destroyed, however, banishing the Flame Imperator's soul into the Mists and ending his plans once and for all.
- Summons Fire Boulders - Summons three fiery boulders which instantly kill players if struck, cannot be evaded. Spawn Molten Hearts when destroyed.
- Fireball - Large AoE attack that inflicts Burning and Launches players.
- Summons Gaheron's Magma Wall - Summons one to three destructible walls before him. Number depends on health.
- Burning - Line-shaped attack that inflicts Burning
- Iron Beam - Cone AoE attack which inflicts Burning and Knockdowns players.
- Leader of the Flame Legion
- Stolen skills
- Concept art
Art by Kekai Kotaki.
- Gaheron Baelfire's name is featured in common Flame Legion phrases such as "Baelfire's claws."
- Gaheron is voiced by Jamieson Price.
- Associated items
- ^ Forging the Pact Letter by Rytlock Brimstone: At home, we fare less well. Interrogated captives from the Flame Legion report that their Imperator, Gaheron Baelfire, is building a mighty weapon in the fire-mountains north of Ascalon. They do not know its nature, but say that when he is done, Gaheron will be powerful enough to rival even the human gods. Whatever this weapon may be, if it is so powerful, it could be used to destroy Zhaitan and Orr. Once I have more information, I will head into the Flame Legion lands and seize it for the High Legions. No matter the cost.
- ^ A Spy for a Spy Blood Legion Imposter: Hey, I give, I give! Baelfire's claws, you're tough. Glad you're on our side.