A chest is an environmental object that gives coin, equipment, crafting materials, and upgrade components. They are located throughout Tyria and come in different shapes and sizes. Players of any level can open a chest, but can be interrupted if attacked. Some of the chests can spawn after finishing specific events such meta events. Event chests can be autolooted with Advanced Logistics mastery when the chest will spawn. Some chests can also require keys to be opened.
Specific information can be found on the chest pages. From locations, required keys to respawn time.
List of Chests
For a complete list of the types of chests that exist in the world, see Category:Chests.
Living World Season 2
Heart of Thorns
- Airship Cargo (Verdant Brink)
- Exalted Chest (Auric Basin)
- Crystallized Supply Cache (Tangled Depths)
- Noxious Pod (Dragon's Stand)
Living World Season 3
- Icebound Chest (Bitterfrost Frontier)
- Zinn's Stash (Draconis Mons)
- Waterlogged Chest (Siren's Landing)
Path of Fire
The Icebrood Saga
- Grothmar Valley Chest (Grothmar Valley)
- Essence Chest (Bjora Marches)
- Norn Chest (Bjora Marches and Drizzlewood Coast)
- Glorious Norn Chest (Bjora Marches and Drizzlewood Coast)
- Charr Chest (Drizzlewood Coast)
- Glorious Charr Chest (Drizzlewood Coast)
End of Dragons
- Jade Tech Chests (End of Dragons only)
Secrets of the Obscure
After completing certain World boss events, characters level 40 and above will receive a bonus chest, alternatively called bouncy chest, with an item of rare or exotic quality, in addition to being able to loot a boss chest. These items will appear with a chest icon in the lower-right portion of your screen. For each event, your account can only receive one such bonus each day. The UI will display up to three unclaimed chests, including the ones from map completion or the daily. If a fourth bonus chest is earned while the first three float in the UI, it will appear after you claim the items from any of the first three. Any additional bonus chests beyond the fourth one will be automatically accepted into your inventory when you change map or exit the game. Only 20 bonus chests can be in the queue; if a 21st chest enters the queue, chest contents will automatically enter your inventory.
Since the release of Heart of Thorns, most events also have bonus Event Rewards bouncy chest with normal rewards depending on the zone.
- Some Chest models
- Event rewards
- Dungeon chests used to drop dungeon tokens until they were removed due to exploits.
- Daily chests with an increased drop rate in exotic and precursor weapons were introduced in the 26 February 2013 update. They included a guaranteed rare or better weapon that was moved to a Bonus Chest in the 26 March 2013 update.