The server reset occurs daily at 00:00. At this time, various things reset, such as daily achievements. A few changes happen at fixed times throughout the week. Some content is time-gated: this means that whenever it is completed it cannot be done again until the next reset, or fewer rewards can be gained from it until then.
The following things are affected by the daily reset:
- Activity rotation
- Adventure rewards
- Dungeon reward chests. Diminishing returns for repeated completions of the same dungeon paths are also reset
- Festival-related interactive objects (Carving Pumpkin, Magic Snow)
- Fractals of the Mists instabilities
- Hero challenge event rewards in the Heart of Maguuma
- Login rewards
- Soft-reset on open-world chests, including those at the end of most jumping puzzles
- World boss reward chests
- Heart of Thorns
- Living World
- Cold Resistance
- Empty Rune Slots in Sun's Refuge, after all five have been activated
- Repeatable renown hearts (Found in zones from Living World Season 3 onwards)
For a full list of achievements that are time gated, please see time-gated achievements.
- Daily — complete specific tasks in PvE, PvP, and WvW
- Daily Strike Mission — complete a specific Priority Strike Mission.
- Daily Fractals — complete specific levels and level ranges in Fractals of the Mists.
- Daily End of Dragons — complete specific tasks based around the End of Dragons expansion.
- Daily Champions — complete specific tasks in Dragon Response Missions.
- Daily Drizzlewood Coast — complete tasks in Drizzlewood Coast.
- Daily Bjora Marches — Complete tasks in Bjora Marches.
- Daily Grothmar Valley — Complete tasks in Grothmar Valley.
- Daily Living World Season 4 — complete tasks in the current day's Season 4 map
- Daily Living World Season 3 — complete tasks in the current day's Season 3 map.
- Daily Sunken Treasure Hunter — kill 10 krait in a 24-hour period.
- Special events
- Daily Lunar New Year — complete Lunar New Year tasks
- Daily Super Adventure Festival — complete Super Adventure Festival tasks
- Daily Dragon Bash — complete Dragon Bash tasks
- Daily Festival of the Four Winds — complete Festival of the Four Winds tasks
- Halloween Daily — complete Halloween tasks
- Wintersday Daily — complete Wintersday tasks
- Year of the Ascension Part I, II, III, and IV — each have daily match completion achievements during the PvP League
Soft-reset on any once-per-day node, including:
- Permanent rich veins of metal ore (randomly placed rich veins can be farmed once per instance, when they appear)
- Node farms
- Orichalcum Ore and Ancient Wood Log nodes
- Blooming Passiflora nodes
- Bloodstone Crystals and floating Unbound Magic orbs in Bloodstone Fen
- Petrified Stumps and floating Unbound Magic orbs in Ember Bay
- Winterberry Bushes and floating Unbound Magic orbs in Bitterfrost Frontier.
- Jade Fragments and floating Unbound Magic orbs in Lake Doric.
- Primordial Orchids and floating Unbound Magic orbs in Draconis Mons.
- Orrian Oysters and floating Unbound Magic orbs in Siren's Landing.
- Brandstones and floating Volatile Magic orbs in Domain of Istan.
- Difluorite Crystals and floating Volatile Magic orbs in Sandswept Isles.
- Mistoniums and floating Volatile Magic orbs in Jahai Bluffs.
- Dragon Crystal Nodes and floating Volatile Magic orbs in Thunderhead Peaks.
- Mistborn Motes and floating Volatile Magic orbs in Dragonfall.
- Jadeite Veins in Dragon's End.
- Gathering nodes in your Home instance (hard reset)
- Gathering synthesizers in Guild halls (hard reset)
- Growing Crops in the Garden plot will mature.
- Charged Quartz Crystal — converting 25 Quartz Crystals at a place of power
- All converters, including:
- Fractal Reliquary — converting Fractal Relics into various Fractals of the Mists rewards
- Gleam of Sentience — refreshed number of Fluctuating Mass available for purchase
- Herta — converting Piles of Bloodstone Dust into Glowing Stone
- Karmic Converter — converting karma into various items
- Ley-Energy Matter Converter — converting Heart of Maguuma currencies into various rewards
- Mawdrey II — converting Piles of Bloodstone Dust into Gift from Mawdrey II
- Memory Gobbler — converting Memory of Battle into Timeless Bag of Items
- Princess — converting Dragonite Ore into Gunk-Covered Pellet
- Sentient Aberration — converting Empyreal Fragments and Dragonite Ore into Fluctuating Mass
- Sentient Anomaly — converting Piles of Bloodstone Dust and Dragonite Ore into Fluctuating Mass
- Sentient Oddity — converting Piles of Bloodstone Dusts and Empyreal Fragments into Fluctuating Mass
- Sentient Singularity — converting Unbound Magic into Fluctuating Mass
- Shards of Glory Converter — converting Shard of Glory into Timeless Bag of Items
- Spearmarshal's Plea — converting Eyes of Kormir into Sunspear Redemption Wish
- Star of Gratitude — converting Empyreal Fragments into Generosity's Reward
- Volatile Singularity — converting Volatile Magic into Fluctuating Mass
- Guild Trader — trades Guild Commendation for items.
- Pact Supply Network Agent † — trades karma for Pact Scout's Mapping Materials and recipe sheets.
- BUY-4373 — limited amount of Deeply Discounted Fractal Encryption Keys and Discounted Fractal Encryption Keys.
- Bandit Crest Collector — one Bag of Rare Gear.
- Priory Historian Elisa † — trades Ley-Infused Sand for recipe books for Bounty Hunter's armor pieces as well as Cache of the Traveler and Treasure Hunting Kits.
† Only the items offered by this vendor are affected by the daily reset. See their article for when the NPC moves locations.
- Monday 07:30
- Weekly limit on gold transfer via mail or guild bank is reset.
- Guild mission rewards reset and new random missions are given to guilds.
- Raid rewards and progress reset.
- Vigil Emissary Chest in Eye of the North.
- Myung-Hee accepting the Jade statuettes for rewards.
- Leivas selling 5 Antique Summoning Stones in Arborstone.
- A Black Lion Chest Key may only be obtained from the level 10 personal story once per account per week.
- Weekly Festival Merchants reset their inventory.
- Vendors with weekly offers for Mystic Coins and Mystic Clovers renew them. This group includes: Zazzl for End of Dragons Strike Missions (10 Coins and 5 Clovers), Scholar Glenna for Raids (10 Clovers), and BUY-4373 for Fractals of the Mists (10 Clovers).
- The maximal number of Green Prophet Shards which can be earned each week does NOT allow to buy all Coins and Clovers from Zazzl during that same week.
- Thursday 20:00 — Map bonus rewards reset.
- Friday 18:00 (roughly) — World versus World reset for EU servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.) 
- Saturday 02:00 (roughly) — World versus World reset for NA servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Monday 07:30
- Weekly Fractals achievements rewarding Fractal Fighter's Caches are reset.
- End of Dragons: Weekly Cantha Strikes — Complete 4 unique Canthan strike within a week. (0 )
- Cantha: Weekly Jade Vault — Find 4 jade statuettes for Myung-Hee, Keeper of the Jade Vault, and return them to her. (0)
- Seitung Province: Weekly Seitung Province Jade Treasure Recovery — Help the Seitung Province Neighborhood Watch Committee fend off Aetherblade attacks during the meta-event. (0)
- New Kaineng City: Weekly New Kaineng City Jade Treasure Recovery — Complete Kaineng Blackout in New Kaineng City. (0)
- The Echovald Wilds: Weekly Echovald Wilds Jade Treasure Recovery — Complete the Gang War of Echovald. (0)
- Dragon's End: Weekly Dragon's End Jade Treasure Recovery — Defeat the final opponent in the Battle for the Jade Sea. (0)
- Special events
- Monday 07:30
- Halloween Rituals: (Weekly) Halloween Festivities — Participate in the Mad King's Labyrinth, Halloween races, the Mad King's Clock Tower, Mad King Says, and Ascent to Madness. Progress awarded varies based on the activity. (0)
- Wintersday Traditions: (Weekly) Wintersday Festivities — Participate in the Bell Choir, Toypocalypse, Infinirarium, Winter Wonderland, and the Secret Lair of the Snowmen. Progress awarded varies based on the activity. (0)
- New Year's Customs: (Weekly) Lunar Festivities — Participate in the Firecracker Lightning adventures, lunar mount race, and Celestial Challenge. Progress awarded varies based on the activity. (0)
- Super Adventure Box: Nostalgia: (Weekly) World 1 Replay — Complete Zone 1, Zone 2, and Zone 3 in World 1. (0)
- Super Adventure Box: Nostalgia: (Weekly) World 2 Replay — Complete Zone 1, Zone 2, and Zone 3 in World 2. (0)
- Dragon Bash Feats: (Weekly) Dragon Bash Festivities — Participate in the Dragon Arena, Dragon Bash race, Moa Racing, and the Hologram Stampede. Progress awarded varies based on the activity. (0)
- Four Winds Customs: (Weekly) Four Winds Festivities — Participate in the Boss Blitz, Queen's Gauntlet, Treasure Hunt, and Four Winds mount races. Progress awarded varies based on the activity. (0)
- Diminishing returns can prevent people from receiving reward and ground chests from world bosses.
- Some objects, such as open-world chests and once-per-day nodes, only experience a soft-reset during the daily server reset. For the object to fully reset, one of the following must also happen:
- You must wait 23 hours from the last time you used the object.
- You must join a different map instance. For example, you can taxi to a friend on a different instance. A game update will force you onto a different instance, and thus satisfy this condition.