The server reset occurs daily at 00:00. At this time, various things reset, such as daily achievements. A few changes happen at fixed times throughout the week. Some content is time-gated: this means that whenever it is completed it cannot be done again until the next reset, or fewer rewards can be gained from it until then.
The following things are affected by the daily reset:
- Activity rotation
- Adventure rewards
- Dungeon reward chests. Diminishing returns for repeated completions of the same dungeon paths are also reset
- Festival-related interactive objects (Carving Pumpkin, Magic Snow)
- Fractals of the Mists instabilities
- Hero challenge event rewards in the Heart of Maguuma
- Login rewards
- Soft-reset on open-world chests, including those at the end of most jumping puzzles
- World boss reward chests
- Heart of Thorns
- Living World
- Cold Resistance
- Empty Rune Slots in Sun's Refuge, after all five have been activated
- Repeatable renown hearts (Found in zones from Living World Season 3 onwards)
For a full list of achievements that are time gated, please see time-gated achievements.
- Daily — complete specific tasks in PvE, PvP, and WvW
- Daily Strike Mission — complete a specific Priority Strike Mission.
- Daily Fractals — complete specific levels and level ranges in Fractals of the Mists.
- Daily Bjora Marches — Complete tasks in Bjora Marches.
- Daily Grothmar Valley — Complete tasks in Grothmar Valley.
- Daily Living World Season 4 — complete tasks in the current day's Season 4 map
- Daily Living World Season 3 — complete tasks in the current day's Season 3 map.
- Daily Sunken Treasure Hunter — kill 10 krait in a 24-hour period.
- Special events
- Daily Lunar New Year — complete Lunar New Year tasks
- Daily Super Adventure Festival — complete Super Adventure Festival tasks
- Daily Dragon Bash — complete Dragon Bash tasks
- Daily Festival of the Four Winds — complete Festival of the Four Winds tasks
- Halloween Daily — complete Halloween tasks
- Wintersday Daily — complete Wintersday tasks
- Year of the Ascension Part I, II, III, and IV — each have daily match completion achievements during the PvP League
- Clay Pot
- Dragon Hatchling Doll Adornments
- Dragon Hatchling Doll Eye
- Dragon Hatchling Doll Frame
- Dragon Hatchling Doll Hide
- Glob of Elder Spirit Residue
- Gossamer Stuffing
- Grow Lamp
- Heat Stone
- Lump of Mithrillium
- Plate of Meaty Plant Food
- Plate of Piquant Plant Food
- Spool of Silk Weaving Thread
- Spool of Thick Elonian Cord
- Vial of Maize Balm
Soft-reset on any once-per-day node, including:
- Permanent rich veins of metal ore (randomly placed rich veins can be farmed once per instance, when they appear)
- Node farms
- Orichalcum Ore and Ancient Wood Log nodes
- Blooming Passiflora nodes
- Bloodstone Crystals and floating Unbound Magic orbs in Bloodstone Fen
- Petrified Stumps and floating Unbound Magic orbs in Ember Bay
- Winterberry Bushes and floating Unbound Magic orbs in Bitterfrost Frontier.
- Jade Fragments and floating Unbound Magic orbs in Lake Doric.
- Primordial Orchids and floating Unbound Magic orbs in Draconis Mons.
- Orrian Oysters and floating Unbound Magic orbs in Siren's Landing.
- Brandstones and floating Volatile Magic orbs in Domain of Istan.
- Difluorite Crystals and floating Volatile Magic orbs in Sandswept Isles.
- Mistoniums and floating Volatile Magic orbs in Jahai Bluffs.
- Dragon Crystal Nodes and floating Volatile Magic orbs in Thunderhead Peaks.
- Gathering nodes in your Home instance (hard reset)
- Gathering synthesizers in Guild halls (hard reset)
- Growing Crops in the Garden plot will mature.
- Charged Quartz Crystal — converting 25 Quartz Crystals at a place of power
- All converters, including:
- Fractal Reliquary — converting Fractal Relics into various Fractals of the Mists rewards
- Gleam of Sentience — refreshed number of Fluctuating Mass available for purchase
- Herta — converting Piles of Bloodstone Dust into Glowing Stone
- Karmic Converter — converting karma into various items
- Ley-Energy Matter Converter — converting Heart of Maguuma currencies into various rewards
- Mawdrey II — converting Piles of Bloodstone Dust into Gift from Mawdrey II
- Memory Gobbler — converting Memory of Battle into Timeless Bag of Items
- Princess — converting Dragonite Ore into Gunk-Covered Pellet
- Sentient Aberration — converting Empyreal Fragments and Dragonite Ore into Fluctuating Mass
- Sentient Anomaly — converting Piles of Bloodstone Dust and Dragonite Ore into Fluctuating Mass
- Sentient Oddity — converting Piles of Bloodstone Dusts and Empyreal Fragments into Fluctuating Mass
- Sentient Singularity — converting Unbound Magic into Fluctuating Mass
- Shards of Glory Converter — converting Shard of Glory into Timeless Bag of Items
- Spearmarshal's Plea — converting Eyes of Kormir into Sunspear Redemption Wish
- Star of Gratitude — converting Empyreal Fragments into Generosity's Reward
- Volatile Singularity — converting Volatile Magic into Fluctuating Mass
- Guild Trader — trades Guild Commendation for items.
- Pact Supply Network Agent † — trades karma for Pact Scout's Mapping Materials and recipe sheets.
- BUY-4373 — limited amount of Deeply Discounted Fractal Encryption Keys and Discounted Fractal Encryption Keys and two daily Mystic Clovers.
- Bandit Crest Collector — one Bag of Rare Gear.
- Priory Historian Elisa † — trades Ley-Infused Sand for recipe books for Bounty Hunter's armor pieces as well as Cache of the Traveler and Treasure Hunting Kits.
† Only the items offered by this vendor are affected by the daily reset. See their article for when the NPC moves locations.
- Monday 07:30
- Weekly limit on gold transfer via mail or guild bank is reset.
- Guild mission rewards reset and new random missions are given to guilds.
- Raid rewards and progress reset.
- Weekly Fractals achievements rewarding Fractal Fighter's Caches are reset.
- Emissary Chests in Eye of the North.
- A Black Lion Chest Key may only be obtained from the level 10 personal story once per account per week.
- Weekly Festival Merchants reset their inventory.
- Tuesday 09:00 America/Los_Angeles
- Tuesday 12:00 America/Los_Angeles — Festivals and special events end.
- Thursday 20:00 — Map bonus rewards reset.
- Friday 18:00 (roughly) — World versus World reset for EU servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.) 
- Saturday 02:00 (roughly) — World versus World reset for NA servers. (The exact time varies from week to week.)
- Diminishing returns can prevent people from receiving reward and ground chests from world bosses.
- Some objects, such as open-world chests and once-per-day nodes, only experience a soft-reset during the daily server reset. For the object to fully reset, one of the following must also happen:
- You must wait 23 hours from the last time you used the object.
- You must join a different map instance. For example, you can taxi to a friend on a different instance. A game update will force you onto a different instance, and thus satisfy this condition.