They call me "The Zinnsational Zinn" for a reason. You may call me "sir."
Zinn was a renowned asuran golemancer who led a lengthy and colorful life. He assisted Krytan loyalists in the war against the White Mantle and developed Spectral Infusion to combat the mursaat. Zinn eventually founded the asuran colonies of Rata Novus and Rata Arcanum, and lost his life in a druid attack while attempting to terraform Draconis Mons.
A gifted golemancer, Zinn built several golems, including M.O.X. However, his most noticeable work was the creation of P.O.X.'s Reactor Blast. He had disagreements and, ultimately, a bitter rivalry with his former mentor Oola, which led to him burning her books in public. This in turn caused Oola to plot revenge by bribing the Arcane Council to her side in the dispute.
The bribed Arcane Council sentenced Zinn to 10 years of banishment from asuran lands for unintentional attempted regicide of human rulers, which had involved the assault of the golems Zinn had invented for a mysterious and sinister client. Around this time Zinn had been in contact with Palawa Joko who had tricked him, which the golemancer considered the low point of his career.
After being banished, Zinn traveled to Kryta where he was conscripted by Livia to assist in the war against the White Mantle alongside another asura called Blimm. He developed Spectral Infusion from the body of a Seer, allowing the Shining Blade and Lionguard to prevail over the mursaat who had relied on the use of Spectral Agony which was rendered useless thanks to Zinn's invention.
Once the war for Kryta had concluded, Zinn traveled west to the Heart of Maguuma and established the underground city of Rata Novus, where he ruled as High Councillor. In 1173 AE, the chak emerged and overran Rata Novus after being drawn to the ley lines there. Zinn was among the few to escape, and relocated to Rata Arcanum, which was a colony in Draconis Mons that was still in development.
Attempting a new beginning after being exiled thrice, the golemancer developed a terraforming device. However, its use angered local druids, but Zinn ignored their protests and instead captured four ancient druids for experimentation to empower the device. The remaining druids returned with reinforcements and slaughtered Zinn and the rest of the colonists of Rata Arcanum in 1175 AE. Following Zinn's demise, M.O.X. engaged the golemancer's funerary instructions which included cremating Zinn's body, burying the ashes in the Burial Chamber of the Golemancer's Tomb, and writing a memorial stone in his honor.
- Zinn is one of the longest living known asura, having lived almost a century after the events of Guild Wars, putting him near the age of exceptionally long lived asura (120 years).
- The remains of Zinn's secret lab can be found at the base of the Falls in Auric Basin.
- Zinn was also known as:
- Intruder Zinn
- Mister Zinncompetent
- Supergenius Zinn
- The Zinnsational Zinn
- Zinn the Amazing
- The name "Zinn," along with the nickname "Intruder Zinn," is a reference to Zim from Invader Zim.
- Flashpoint: Crypt Keeper — Find the golemancer's tomb. (3)
- Flashpoint: Golemancer's Treasure — Find the hidden chest in the golemancer's tomb. (5 )
- Flashpoint: Lessons Learned — Find all 14 of the golemancer's lost recordings in Draconis Mons. (6)
- Basic Collections: Zinn's Prize Student — Collect all 13 books to compile Zinn's Study Guide. (3)
- Golemancer's Tomb
- Zinn's Print-o-Matic
- Zinn's Recorder
- Zinn's Research Supplies
- Zinn's Stash
- Associated items
- ^ Oola's Notes
- ^ Golem User Manual
- ^ a b Zinn's Recorder
- ^ M.O.X.
- M.O.X.: NA-TURE SPIR-ITS RE-ACT NEG-A-TIVE-LY TO PROJ-ECT. 100% OF RES-I-DENTS OF RA-TA AR-CAN-UM DE-CEASED. IN-CLUD-ING ZINN.
- M.O.X.: GOL-EM BRI-GADE LEFT WITH-OUT BOSS. EN-GAGE ZINN'S FU-NER-ARY IN-STRUC-TIONS AND FOL-LOW LAST PRO-TO-COLS.
- ^ Crusader Zorrv