From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Piercing is a line area of effect property of some projectile attacks that allows them to hit multiple enemies in their path within the maximum range instead of stopping at the first enemy the projectile hits.
Weapon skills that pierce
- Sword Wave
- Zealot's Embrace
- Deflecting Shot
- True Shot
- Fan of Fire
- Pin Down
- Hip Shot
- Throw Shield
- Skirmisher's Shot
- Spotter's Shot
- Path of Scars
- Poison Volley
- Arc Lightning
- Vapor Blade (not limited to 5 hits)
- Counter Blade
- Phantasmal Berserker
- Necrotic Grasp
Underwater weapons skills that pierce
Skills with special conditions that pierce
- Kill Shot (burst skill with rifle)
- Flaming Flurry (primal burst skill with sword when in Berserk)
- Gun Flame (primal burst skill with rifle when in Berserk)
- Flame Blast (from Flamethrower)
- Throw Wrench (tool belt skill with Tool Kit)
- Photon Blitz (from Photon Forge)
- Crippling Shield (from Conjure Earth Shield)
- Flame Wave (from Conjure Fiery Greatsword)
- Frost Fan (from Conjure Frost Bow)
- Absolute Zero (when attuned to Water Attunement & Air Attunement while wielding a Trident)
- Pile Driver (when attuned to Air Attunement & Earth Attunement while wielding a Staff)
- Deathly Claws (in Lich Form)
- Life Blast (in Death Shroud)
- Plague Blast (in Death Shroud while underwater)
Traits that grant piercing
- Lead the Wind — Your longbow and harpoon-gun skills pierce and recharge faster. When you strike a foe with a projectile combo, gain swiftness.
- Light on your Feet — Damage and condition duration are increased after dodging or using Quick Shot. Short bow skills pierce and gain recharge reduction, and their attacks from behind or by flanking are improved.
- Heartpiercer — Your short bow skills now pierce. Bleeding you inflict deals more damage.
- Projectiles will pierce destructible objects, such as siege weaponry.