Aquatic Ruins Fractal
Explore an ancient underwater ruin.
— In-game description
Explore the watery depths.
- Fractal Difficulty Scale: x
- Personal Fractal Level: x
- Enter the shallows.
- Free the captured villagers.
- x / 3 villagers freed
- Deep path:
Explore the watery depths.
- Delve into the deep waters.
- Find a way out of the deep water.
- Dolphin path:
Explore the watery depths.
- Enter the underwater ruins.
- Avoid detection while swimming through the ruins.
- Explore the watery depths.
- Fractal stabilized. Depart when ready.
The first step is to free three fishermen by killing all the krait surrounding each cell. After this, two possible paths will be open: the deep path or the dolphin path. The dolphin path is accessible through the left while the deep path is accessible through the right. Once one party member makes it to the next checkpoint, party members may /gg or die, respawning at the next checkpoint. This often saves time for groups that are not familiar with the paths.
The darkness is full of Piranhas of the Deep, which damage players quickly. Light sources will prevent the piranhas from harming anyone within range. Luminous Plants provide a stationary light to players within range and also allow players Holding the Glowing Plant to have a mobile light. Taking the plant also removes the light source from the original location temporarily. Holding a plant also allows players to revive teammates and teleport them to the wielder.
|1||Lifeguard||½||10||Revives allies and teleports them to you.|
You are turned into dolphins without any offensive skills. Accordingly, avoid the krait as much as possible. Swim as a group and take your time. Using Echo will reveal hidden krait and little water "portals" that show you paths toward the next checkpoint. (You can also follow along in your mini-map.) The 2nd skill, Distract, may be used to taunt Krait, forcing them to attack the bait. The first time you activate this skill, a small creature will appear and begin swimming forward. Once you activate it a second time, the creature will emit a pulse, aggroing nearby krait. Use Rush to dash quickly. Finally, Retrieve Ally is the main reason you stay grouped up with your party. A party member can sacrifice themselves to let the rest pass through an infested area. Hit Retrieve Ally while within 1000 range and they'll be instantly teleported to you, alive and well.
|1||Echo||6||Reveal hidden krait nearby.|
|2||Distract||15||Summon an ally to distract nearby enemies.|
|Distract||Makes your fish distract enemies at its current location.|
|3||Rush||1¾||30||Gain a burst of speed.|
|5||Retrieve Ally||10||Revives and teleports nearby downed dolphin ally to your location|
Getting through the cave without being caught will reward the player with the Flawless Fins Foil Foes achievement.
The beast can be defeated like any other boss: keep hitting it and deal with any summoned reinforcements. The boss will occasionally eat players near him, inflicting agony and dealing minor damage to the player and granting an effect that heals the Jellyfish Beast. While doing so, it is immune to damage until the affected players uses Struggle to break free. Pets and other minions will not break free automatically, and may take a while to die due to the attack's low damage, so avoid summoning minions that cannot be manually destroyed. If the pet is eaten, switch it for your other pet.
Make sure to lure the boss into the lights that will occasionally appear within random cages around the room. Once the Jellyfish gets close to a light it will be stunned, halting its attacks temporarily and giving your party a short window to deal extra damage. The lights will continuously respawn over the course of the fight.
|Aquatic Ruins Fractal Stabilizer||Fractals of the Mists||5|
|You've completed the Aquatic Ruins fractal inside the Fractals of the Mists.Underwater mayhem.||1 Fractals||5|
|Flawless Fins Foil Foes||Fractals of the Mists||15|
|As a dolphin, you evaded capture by the krait while swimming through the Aquatic Ruins fractal.Just keep swimming.||1 Challenges||5|
- Entering the fractal
- Dessa Observation Mode: This fractal's disturbance is coming from under the water. Dive in. And if you gut a few of those awful krait, all the better.
- Talking to the NPCs
- Fisher: I don't know where you came from, but I need your help. The krait took our people into the water. You have to stop them!
- After finishing the fractal
- Dessa Observation Mode: Outstanding aquatic adventuring. I don't know how you do it. I have a hard enough time in a bathtub. Anyway, the fractal's stable. Time to depart.
- Formerly the path chosen, either dark or dolphin, depended on the fractal level, but it became random during the 21st November 2016 update.
- You can apply boons to yourself and your party members before transforming into a dolphin. Swiftness and aegis are particularly helpful.
- When traveling through the darkness, use invulnerability or stability to rush past Krait.
- Mesmers can steal multiple stacks of might from the Jellyfish Beast with Arcane Thievery and then transfer them to allies with Signet of Inspiration.
- Remember that you will be wearing a breather and using an underwater weapon, which will need their own agony infusions.