Click to enlarge.
The Mistlock Observatory is Dessa's laboratory in the Fractals of the Mists. She claims to have made the laboratory to study the Mists and its ability to create the Fractals, but hostile forces prevent her and her krewe from properly studying the nature of the fractals. As such, she asks adventurers (or "hired help") to clear out the Fractals of hostiles (which she dubs instabilities) so that her krewe can traverse safely.
Initially, access to the Mistlock Observatory came from a Consortium-owned asura gate. This gate was intended to lead to Pearl Islet on Southsun Cove, but for unknown reasons it went haywire and instead led to Dessa's lab. She does not know it, and denies any potential connection to both the Consortium and Lion's Arch.
The area is based on a set of floating islands. The main island has a mixed Asuran and Ascalonian architecture, but the other islands floating around it just have Ascalonian architecture. The Mistlock Observatory itself seems to be a fractal as well, as when Dessa tried to leave the entire observatory had 'reset' similar to the Fractals.
The Mistlock Observatory is a hub for players to spend their Fractal Relics, sell their loot and repair their armor after their adventures in the Fractals of the Mists.
|After the final battle in the Shattered Observatory Fractal, it was revealed that the whole Mistlock Observatory is indeed just another fractal, and Dessa and her krewes are merely "simulations" as every other things the players meet in the fractals. The researchers inside are locked inside the fractals in the same manner as all the other creatures in the "unstable" fractals are locked in a time loop.|
- Passing through the center portal at the Mist Portals in Fort Marriner, Lion's Arch.
- Using the portal in the east of Mistlock Sanctuary.
Meet Dessa and assist with her experiments.
- Fractal Difficulty Scale: x
- Suggested Agony Resistance: x
- Personal Fractal Level: x
- Next Island: x
- Chronicle Mistwalker
- BUY-2046 PFR
- Dessa's Alchemist
- Laurel Merchant
- Golem Banker
- Trading Post Representative
- Asura gate to Lion's Arch
- Scale Setting Sequencer
- Cinematic Control Console
- Grand Chest
- Diving Goggles
- MAST-ER604 was previously used to transport players to other islands in the observatory, but this function is now fulfilled by the use of teleporters.
- The portal to Mistlock Observatory was moved from Claw Island Portage to Fort Marriner, and the portal color was changed from purple to red after rebuilding Lion's Arch.
- As of the release of Heart of Thorns, the vendor NPCs within the Mistlock Observatory share models with bosses from the Uncategorized Fractal:
- Fractals of the Mists: Mistlock Mountaineer — Complete the jumping puzzle. (10 )
- Fractals of the Mists: Falling! Screaming! Diving! — Dive into the abyss. (1 )
- Use the diving googles above the chest at the end of the Mistlock Mountaineer jumping puzzle to carefully jump into the hole below to earn the achievement.