Solid Ocean Fractal
Explore the solid ocean, and slay the beast within.
— In-game description
Explore the solidified ocean.
- Fractal Difficulty Scale: x
- Personal Reward Level: x
- Kill the Jade Maw.
- Jade Maw
- Tentacles slain: x/2
- Jade colossus killed
Fractal stabilized. Depart when ready.
- Fractal Difficulty Scale: x
Traverse across floating jade platform fragments until you reach the stage with the Jade Maw. You can either fight the Irukandji as they are encountered during the path, or skip the monsters, and run all the way to the Jade Maw as slaying all the monsters before the Jade Maw is not required to complete the fractal. Be careful in jumping however as falling off the edge will transport you to the platform you were at prior to your fall -- Team members will not be able to revive you if they have continued ahead of you. Upon reaching the Jade Maw's platform, you will go through three phases to defeat the Jade Maw.
- Jade Maw
Throughout the fight you will need to make use of Reflecting Crystal for two reasons: to damage the Jade Maw and to avoid being downed. Because of the Jade Maw's Dense Scales, it is invulnerable to normal damage, and the only way to do so is to use a charged Reflecting Crystals and throwing it at the Jade Maw to damage it for 5% health point. The Crystals are charged if the Jade Maw targets players with it's green laser attack, which is indicated by a large skull, and if the player targeted is holding a crystal, which will then absorb the ray. Being hit by a beam without a Reflecting Crystal will deal a significant amount of damage, downing players with an insufficient health pool.
- The death ray attack can also be evaded if a player is not close enough to grab a crystal. It can also be distorted through.
- Timing for evades is shortly after the disappearance of the skull/just as the skull fades. Skill timing may be earlier, because of potential casting times.
Keeping mind of the following regarding the Reflecting Crystals:
- Reflecting Crystals only hold charge for a short period.
- Reflecting Crystals can be picked up and dropped by any player regardless if they are being target or not.
- Reflecting Crystals will disappear after about 45-60 seconds of being on the ground, so picking them up and dropping them resets the internal timer.
- Jade Tentacles
These creatures will be present throughout the fight and cannot be completely cleared out as they eventually respawn. When their health reaches 0, they will become invulnerable and may perform a non-interruptible, non-blindable last knockdown before dying. If the team doesn't have good ranged attacks, stability, blinds, or interrupts, becoming downed in range of a Tentacle's AoE will become more difficult for teammates to revive an ally as they will also be knocked down themselves. Keep in mind of the following:
- Their AoE knockdowns has a Range ~900; at higher levels, these cause massive damage
- They drop Reflecting Crystals
- Killing a Jade Tentacle will damage the Jade Maw by 3.68%/550 health points, he does have 14,940 total health points on all levels.
Be wary of the knockdowns when the Jade Maw has targeted you with a skull, as though the Jade Tentacle's knockdown can be safely stun broken, the knockdown of the Colossi in Phase 2 may "bug" and leave you on the floor for a full second or two, not allowing decent time to pickup a crystal if you do not already have one.
- Slay 2 tentacles
Upon arriving at the Jade Maw's platform, you will be hit with one agony check. There will be two Veteran Jade Maw Tentacles and several Irukandji, but you only need to focus on the Maw Tentacles, as after the phase objective is complete, any remaining Irukandji will despawn. On level 60 or above, they do not despawn, so killing them is recommended. Party members should head towards a safe spot for Phase 2 as soon as the final tentacle is killed. Generally, the safe spot used is the corner of the arena where members first entered. Therefore groups will kill the tentacle farthest from this point first.
- It is possible to climb the left wall upon entering the stage. Going towards the back and then around the edge (underneath the Jade Maw) will position you to kill the farthest tentacle without aggroing anything. The range is over 900 and closer to 1200 from this ledge to the tentacle.
- Kill Jade Colossi
During this phase is where you will start to need to collect the Reflecting Crystals and avoiding the Jade Maw's death ray. During this phase, tentacles sprout in a roughly circular fashion around the arena. There is at least one safe spot from the tentacles: the corner where you first entered by jumping.
- Reflects physical projectiles (Many classes can still range them)
- Melee AoE knockdown (Range ~350)
- Drops Reflecting Crystals
- Finish defeating the Jade Maw
After clearing out all the Jade Colossi, the Maw Tentacles and the Maw will remain, so continue to kill the tentacles and use the Crystals to deplete the Jade Maw's health. When the Maw nears death, it will target all players with the skull and do a suicide laser attack that hits everything. To prevent dying, simply pick up a crystal and hold it, letting the animation play out. At least one person needs to avoid instant death by grabbing a crystal, because if all players wipe the entire fight is reset to its original settings.
- The fight has also been reported to reset if the only surviving member goes too far from the central area before the chest appears. (For instance to the "safe corner" where you first enter). It may be circumvented by waiting for the chest to appear, before reviving dead party members.
|Solid Ocean Fractal Stabilizer||Fractals of the Mists||5|
|You've completed the Solid Ocean fractal inside the Fractals of the Mists.Don't forget to ride the wave.||1 Fractals||5|
|No Lasers!||Fractals of the Mists||5|
|Defeat the Jade Maw without anyone in your party being hit by its beam attack.||Your Party Avoided All of the Jade Maw's Eye Beams||5|
|Open Grave||Fractals of the Mists||15|
|Your party killed all of the monsters in the Solid Ocean fractal inside the Fractals of the Mists.Pest-free ocean front property.||1 Challenges||5|
- Players must defeat all creatures in the area, except the foes in the Jade Maw's platform.
- Jade Maw
- Veteran Giant Irukandji
- Veteran Irukandji
- Veteran Jade Colossus
- Veteran Jade Maw Tentacle
- Veteran Jade Shard
- Upon arrival
- Dessa: How bizarre. The readings state that this was water once. But good news, this fractal appears fairly stable. You should be out in no time.
- Upon getting near Jade Maw
- Dessa: I retract my statement. Unstable event! Right in front of you!
- Upon defeating Jade Maw
- Dessa: The fractal's stable, thank the Alchemy. Now, hurry up and exit before something else appears.
- You can revive someone while holding a Reflecting Crystal, but you cannot attack (with skills 1-5) while holding one. Skills 6-10 work normally.
- On levels with high levels of agony, to avoid a party wipe from the Maw's final burst of agony damage, allow one person to get downed and then revive that character to ~90% health. When the final tentacle or colossus is killed, that character will rally and be immune to all damage for a short period, allowing them to survive agony and resurrect the rest of the party. This is primarily for higher level fractals, and helps whenever the party's agony-resistance is low relative to the fractal level.
- Stability can be crucial during the Jade Maw encounter to avoid being knocked down by Jade Maw Tentacles and Jade Colossus, which can lead to an inevitable death if the player has also been targeted by a green laser attack at the same time.
- Starting from Level 30, the Jade Maw inflicts agony in between phases (for a total of 2 agony attacks). So be prepared to heal through the agony as it is unavoidable and can only be mitigated via agony resistance. (Note: Your heals will also be half as effective while under agony.)
- The Irukandji have been said to have chances to drop ascended materials as well as T6 materials.
- Some people have killed the Jade Maw before completing Phase 2, and as a result, have reported the fight "bugging out" due to this. To be safe, complete Phase 2 before finishing the Jade Maw.
- In order to get Jade Kraken Timed Mote for Ad Infinitum I: Finite Result(must be unlocked first), you must beat the Jade Maw in less than five minutes on Scale 20. The timer begins once anyone in the party reaches the final platform where the Jade Maw is located. Time remaining may be tracked via the Qualify for Kraken Speed Run effect. The effect will become Timed Challenge Complete! once the Maw begins firing his final laser. Stay in the instance until the "Ready" check appears.
- Completing this fractal during Fractured awarded the Fractal Fortnight: Solid Ocean achievement.
- This fractal corresponds to the Jade Sea in Guild Wars.