Siren's Reef Fractal
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Escape the cursed island.
— In-game description
Meet Dessa and assist with her experiments.
- Fractal Difficulty Scale: x
- Personal Fractal Level: x
- Secure the shipwreck site.
- Wipe out the dinosaurs.
- Explore the island.
- Defeat the frenzied dinosaur.
- Champion Stonehead
- Explore the island.
- Explore the forgotten fort.
- Cast out the keeper of the fort.
- Blasting Black Peter
- Continue to explore the island.
- Deposit all of the cursed treasure into the chest at the end of the tomb.
- Treasure recovered: x/3
- Stow the cursed treasure chest on the ship.
- Maintain control of the ship.
- Overthrow Captain Crowe.
- Captain Crowe
- Next island: x
|Curse Catcher||Fractals of the Mists||5|
|In the Siren's Reef fractal, catch 8 bags of cursed treasure while navigating the maze.||5|
|Savage Cannoneer||Fractals of the Mists||10|
|Using the shadow cannons, deliver the killing blow to ghosts in the Siren's Reef fractal.Send ghosts back to their graves with the shadow cannons.||8||0|
|Spirit Evader||Fractals of the Mists||5|
|In the Siren's Reef fractal on tier 4, move stealthily through the maze to avoid alerting the spectral orbs.||5|
- Captain Crowe
- Elite Quartermaster
- First Mate Calix
- Ghostly Grenadier
- Ghostly Swashbuckler
- Lightning Wraith
- Mad Jack Squall
- Veteran Ghostly Grenadier
- Veteran Ghostly Swashbuckler
- Veteran Ghostly Swindler
- Veteran Lightning Wraith
- Veteran Phantom Raider
- Veteran Phantom Marksman
- Upon approaching allies on the beach
- Cabin Boy Weyandt: Wuh—?! You're alive! Captain, look! Survivors!
- Cabin Boy Weyandt points at <character name>.
- Captain Strohm: Still alive, huh? Well, if you want to stay that way, hurry and clear these beasties off the beach!
- Captain Strohm: And you know what beach this is, don't you?
- Captain Strohm: Siren's Reef! Resting place of Arabella Crowe—the cursed pirate queen herself!
- Captain Strohm: Long as her treasure remains spread across this island, no soul can escape. Living or dead.
- Captain Strohm: You want off this rock? Find that cursed treasure and commandeer us a ship. Now go!
- Captain Strohm: Weyandt! With me. I need to rest.
- Cabin Boy Weyandt: I should go with them! If they find another ship, who's going to sail it? I could help... Captain? Captain!
- Dessa: Wait, did he say "Weyandt"? As in, the legendary pirate Weyandt? We traded stories about him in Rata Sum all the time.
- Dessa: Pirate tales made a suitable entertaining diversion in the lab. Though...this Weyandt doesn't look like a pirate at all.
- After defeating the Champion Stonehead
- Dessa: I'm getting latent magic readings all over the island. This "pirate curse" thing might be real.
- Dessa: Hmm. I'm not comfortable saying "pirate curse." How about..."persistent, transferable magic"? Better.
- After defeating the ghosts in the forgotten fort
- Dessa: That skeleton's being animated by persistent transferable—
- Dessa: Ugh. "Pirate curse" it is. That skeleton's being animated by a pirate curse.
- Upon defeating Blasting Black Peter
- Dessa: I'm keeping an eye on Weyandt and the captain on a second display here.
- Dessa: Weyandt was trying to find medicinal fruit for the captain, but he came back with poison baneberries instead.
- Dessa: A common misidentification. But his behavior is VERY different from what contemporary records suggest.
- Upon entering the tomb
- Dessa: I'm picking up three separate core signatures in that cave; magical artifacts tied to the curse.
- Dessa: Find a way to bring them with you.
- Upon picking up the first treasure
- Dessa: Those bags of treasure are rigged with movement inhibitors. Probably to stop thieves from running off with the treasure!
- Dessa: And the longer you hold it, the more powerful the effect.
- Dessa: Let's test something: What if you tried sharing the pirate curse with all of your friends?
- Dessa: Don't worry: the science is on your side. I took a correspondence course on hexes, spells and maledictions.
- Depositing the first treasure in the chest at the end of the tomb
- Dessa: Looks like that door will open for Arabella's crew. I'll run a quick analysis.
- Dessa: Okay, you'll need to combine all the core signatures in that cave—sorry, I mean the pieces of the cursed treasure.
- Dessa: That should be enough curse magic in one place to fool the door into thinking you're one of Crowe's pirates.
- Dessa: Still watching Weyandt and the captain. Things are looking grim.
- Dessa: Everything the record told us about Weyandt becoming a pirate captain was...He was supposed to be a hero.
- Dessa: Poisoning someone who trusts you is something a pirate would do.
- Dessa: Well. Thank you, fractals, for retroactively ruining my childhood. Anyway. Let's get that door open.
- On getting all three treasures to the door
- Dessa: Nice work. And don't forget the treasure—you'll need that.
- Dessa: That's Arabella's ship: the Kraken's Pride! Still seaworthy, too.
- Dessa: I'm detecting two other pieces of treasure nearby. You need all of them on that ship before you can sail away.
- Dessa: Oh. Wait, none of you actually knows how to sail a ship. Hm. That could be a problem. We'll cross that bridge later.
- Upon depositing the treasure on the ship
- Dessa: Major spike in spectral activity. Those ghosts know you're trying to steal Crowe's treasure!
- Dessa: They're coming from all over the island. Hurry, fire those swivel-mounted high-caliber spectral artillery.
- Dessa: Never mind. We'll just call them ghost cannons. Fire the ghost cannons.
- Upon picking up the second treasure from the beach
- Dessa: That's the second piece of treasure on the beach. Hurry, get it back to the ship! Those ghosts do NOT look happy.
- Upon depositing the second treasure on the ship
- Mad Jack Squall: Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
- Mad Jack Squall: The briny deep awaits!
- After defeating Mad Jack Squall
- Dessa: One more to go!
- Dessa: Also, I wouldn't wait up for Captain Strohm. Weyandt's finished his little coup and he's on his way over.
- Dessa: Oh! Didn't he say he could sail a ship? That's your ticket off this island. Assuming you survive until he gets there.
- Upon depositing the third treasure on the ship
- First Mate Calix: I will put an end to this mutiny!
- First Mate Calix: Blow 'em down!
- After defeating First Mate Calix
- Dessa: I'm seeing a MASSIVE spectral energy spike. Every pirate on that island's coming for you!
- After defending the ship against the ghosts
- Dessa: Oh no... It's her! It's Arabella Crowe!
- Captain Crowe: What's this?! Stealing my treasure? And my ship?
- Captain Crowe: The moment you washed up on the beach, you joined my crew. And your first act is to stage a mutiny?
- Captain Crowe: This insult will not stand. You WILL obey your captain!
- Dessa: Remember I said we'd figure out the "nobody know how to sail a ship" thing later? Well, it's later.
- Captain Crowe: Bring forth the tempest!
- Dessa: Where is Weyandt?!
- Upon defeating Captain Crowe
- Dessa: Oh, look. He's here.
- Captain Weyandt: Nice work with the treasure. I regret to report that Captain Strohm won't be joining us.
- Dessa: Because you murdered him.
- Captain Weyandt: But with his last words, he bestowed the captaincy—and crew—on me.
- Dessa: Well, that's one way to describe it, I guess.
- Captain Weyandt: So what're you waiting for?! Full sails into the horizon! Captain Weyandt won't stand for stragglers!
- Dessa: That did it! The latent magic over the island is gone. Looks like the curse is broken and the fractal is stabilized.
- Dessa: As for Weyandt...I'm thinking his records are about due for and update.
- This fractal island was added with the All or Nothing release.