From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- One novelty of each type can be slotted in the Equipment tab of the Hero panel, under the Novelties section.
- Once slotted, the current one can be selected by right-clicking the icon or the small selection arrow adjacent to the icon. Icon is below the Mounts icon on the quick bar.
- Right clicking any of the 5 slots in the novelty quick selection box will open the novelties panel in the Hero panel's equipment tab.
- It is also possible to assign keys to toggle the current novelty and to activate each equipped novelty. Default is "U" for the currently selected novelty.
- Novelties suffer the same restrictions as the original gizmos.
- Some novelties cannot be used under the effect of a transformation.
- Some novelties cannot be used in WvW.
- Most novelties can not be activated while in combat, but some of them, like kites, can.
- The Zephyr Sanctum Model can only be used in major cities.
- Chairs cannot be used within locations where mounts are not enabled or are restricted.