Map of Weyandt's Revenge
is a jumping puzzle
in Sharkmaw Caverns
located southeast of Lion's Arch
. No enemies are encountered while doing this puzzle. The puzzle consists of following the disembodied voice of the ghost pirate Captain Weyandt
through a series of jumps and traps in order to find his hidden treasure. First Mate Shane
will offer level 40 rare pirate-themed weapons for 9,800
The entrance to the puzzle is near the vista. Start at Farshore Ward Waypoint in Farshore Ward and head to the vista as you normally would. Head behind Tokk's Mill and jump up the hay bales. Jump down to the lower area where some hay bales are located then head through the partially obscured hole in the wall on the right side. Head up the hill and follow the passageway to another open area. There will be some rock steps on the left side to jump up. Loop around to the right side and head up another set of rocks. You will now be at the vista. The ominous stone mouth behind the vista serves as the start of the puzzle.
Spoiler alert: The hidden text contains spoilers relating to the solution to the Weyandt's Revenge jumping puzzle.
Preamble: This puzzle is based around illusionary walls, which you will be passing through in order to get to the end.
- Survive the initial slide down to the waterfall - there is a pool at the end, but you need to try to avoid the stalagmites during the slide. Ideally make use of the fall damage reduction trait available to every profession.
- Head through the water, and up the right side cliff until you see a "strange light". Talk to it and it will lead you through the maze. If you lose sight of the light while doing the puzzle, look to the stones on the ground; there are (^) arrow formations showing you the false walls. Use the arrows to identify where to cross the wall. Be sure to press left after you discover the first mate's bones. Move down past the "strange light" on the right. Take the next three lefts through the false walls. You will be upslope to the waterfall.
- Turn right and go across the waterfall. Climb across the pile of rocks on the other side to a higher level of the waterfall, you will find a few properly carved steps leading to a tunnel.
- In the four sets of corridors that follow, avoid the spikes that come out of the walls and ceiling; they cause knock-down and bleeding. You can avoid them for the most part by sticking to the middle of the tunnel.
- When you come to the first gap, jump it and move forward FAST. There are spikes directly after it. Try to land dead center of the path on landing. At the second gap, you CAN trust the boardwalk. Wait for the spikes to retract, and power through to the next corner.
- After clearing the tunnels, you will exit to the cliffs again, and though it may appear the path leads up, you must instead drop to the right, onto a ledge that leads to a post, and you must jump a gap.
- Follow the ledge, with an eye to the right - there will be a cave, but if you miss it and continue down, you will return to an earlier part of the puzzle.
- Inside the cave is a brightly lit room. Once you enter, it will turn pitch black; although, it will lighten again from time to time. To the right there will be a torch you can pick up to light your way (return to the start of the room after gathering it), though any object that has it's own light source will also help. Your goal is to jump from rock to rock, until you reach the end of the room. The jump path starts on your left and you should never touch the room floor (except to retrieve the torch). If you cast a ground targeted AOE spell without clicking on the ground, it will provide enough light that you can see the edge of the platform you are on; which makes jumps far safer so long as you first determine exactly the direction of the next platform. Fortunately, all then platforms are large to land on blindly in the dark.
- You will now be faced with three tunnels that lead into waterfalls. Each tunnel has a different color torch above it. The left tunnel has a green torch, the middle tunnel has a blue torch, and the right tunnel has an orange torch. Choose the right-side gap with the orange torch (it looks like a shark's maw). Walk rather than jump down, so that you land in the water; but walk to the side so as to avoid landing on a ledge just below which will result in a fall death.
- Once you claim your prize, you can head left and go through an arch (in the green part of the wall) to reach the exit and a karma vendor (level 40 weapons, 9,800 karma each)
- The ball of light can show you where to go, but you have to be quick to keep up with it.
- There are three ways to navigate the dark room.
- If you make the wrong choice at the very end, you will have to restart from a waypoint.
- If you enter the mouth of the puzzle at a bad angle, you will be killed on the rocks on the way down.
- Other tips for completion are listed above, in the spoiler section.