A light source is an unofficial term for any source of light that also illuminates nearby surroundings. The simplest way to achieve this is by wielding a torch, which emits (typically) a warm orange fire light that can be seen by nearby players. Some items will produce light without also illuminating the area, notably molten weapons.
Sources of ambient light
|Fires of Balthazar Skin||Back item; only lights up the area for the wielder.|
|Mad Memoires: Complete Edition||Back item; only lights up the area for the wielder.|
|Flames of Kryta||Gizmo to create a torch-like bundle (no skills); after completing Beacons of Kryta during Queen Jennah's Jubilee.|
|Molten Gathering tools:||Emits light upon usage|
|Fiery Greatsword (Conjure Fiery Greatsword)||Created from conjure skill, leaves second bundle on the ground|
|Torch||Every torch acts as a light source.|
|These torches will emit light even when stowed|
|The Moot||Mace, Legendary, faint light source|
|The Flameseeker Prophecies||Shield, Legendary, when wielding emits a cone light source from the book.|
|The Predator||Rifle, Legendary, muzzle flash for skills creates a light source at the tip of the weapon.|
|The Crossing||Staff, faint light source|
|Candelabra Staff||Staff skin|
|Fiery Dragon Sword||Hall of Monuments sword skin; only lights up the area for the wielder.|
|Jormag's Breath||Sword, blue light; only lights up the area for the wielder.|
|Cobalt||Greatsword, blue light; only lights up area for the wielder when weapon is drawn.|
|Volcanus||Greatsword, only lights up area for the wielder when weapon is drawn.|
|Gargoyle Scepter||Scepter skin, only lights up area for the wielder when weapon is drawn.|
|Gargoyle Staff||Staff skin, only lights up area for the wielder when weapon is drawn.|
These items have a particle effect that includes some type of light or glow, but do not illuminate the surrounding area.
- Fused and molten weapons — their fiery effect when drawn does not add any illumination.
- Emberglow — the torch-like flame does not add illumination.
- Firebringer - the fire on the blade when drawn does not add illumination.
- Fractal Capacitor (Infused) — the rays of light and particles do not add illumination.
- The Anomaly — its rays of light do not add illumination.
- The Bifrost — provides no light on the ground, despite its rainbow footsteps, weapon animations, glow, or other effects.