From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- Cursed Shore
- Malchor's Leap
- Straits of Devastation
- Vigil Crusader at Guardian Stone
- Quite a view up here, ain't it? Just about the most godsforsaken patch of land that exists. The intersection of the two cursed events, and the plagues they left behind.
What are you talking about?
- That rubble you see to the north is what used to be the Northern Wall. Supposedly to keep the charr out of Ascalon, until they fried it and the city. Only things live there now are the ghosts of Ascalon.
You said two curses?
- That dark, lifeless rut of land is the Dragonbrand. Kralkatorrik marking his territory as he flew over the area. Left a little calling card, too, with the gnarled mess that make up the Branded.
Why are you even here? Why not just abandon the place?
- The Vigil's here because if we don't fight the infections those cataclysms left in their wake, it'll just keep spreading. And with rumors the Shatterer's on its way, things are only gonna get worse.
- Kralkatorric'sElder Dragon, we're ready for The Shatterer.
- Hope you're right.
- Makes sense.
- I should let you get back to your watch.
- I see. Good-bye.
- I think I'll turn around and head back down now.
- When talking to a sylvari Vigil Crusader at Guardian Stone
- Huh, you're new here. Well, if you haven't heard it yet, you will.
- Every night starting at sunset, you can hear the Ascalonian ghosts. You'd expect moaning or wailing, but they're singing. And laughing. Singing the same songs and laughing at the same jokes for 250 years.
- Guess they're soldiers, just like us. Only they've been at it a lot longer. Far as they know, it's just another night of downtime before the next day's battle. Moaning and wailing would be less scary.
And you hear that every night?
- Unless the wind's blowing pretty strong out of the west. Then, you hear the Branded creatures. But that's mostly the sound of festering.
- I think I'll go talk to someone a little more cheerful.
- I'll be sure to keep an ear out for that.
- It won't bother me. As long as they're singing something catchy.
- Not sure I'll be around long enough to hear much of anything. Good-bye.
- Talking to one during Solve the mystery of the haunted marsh with Queen Jennah present
- The queen? Here? But surely what she says is true. The charr are evil—we must slay them all.
- Does that really make sense to you?
- Talking to one during Solve the mystery of the haunted marsh with Zojja present
- How can you learn through death? This feels... wrong. Right?
- I think you know.
- Charr Vigil Crusader at Fort Cadence
- The situation's dire. These Orrian undead are relentless. They're gonna be the death of me.
What's the plan?
- If the Orrians don't give up, we channel them through this choke point and cut them down like meat spilling from a grinder.
- Gruesome, but efficient. Good luck.
- You're fighting the good fight. Good luck.
- Hylek Vigil Crusader at Fort Cadence
- Orr's foul reach is tearing the world apart. We can't allow it victory.
- I couldn't agree more. Stay strong.
- Human Vigil Crusader at Orvar's Glen
- Here to help us re-dead the undead? Make sure you have your stompin' boots on: there are some nasty Risen beasts shambling around out there.
- (If in Order of Whispers)
We must end the unending.
- We must also initiate the uninitiated. Act natural, but speak softly. Don't want the Vigil to know the Order of Whispers is spying on them. Though I'm sure they guess.
Any information for me?
- If I were you, I'd steer clear of Quinatl Deadgrounds. It was a hylek village but has become completely overrun with undead.
- Sounds like a challenge.
- (If in Vigil)
Any tips for an up-and-coming Vigil hero?
- Maybe. Yeah, sure. When fighting undead, watch out for undead brutes. Specifically, watch out for their hammers. They'll send you flying.
- Good advice.
- I'm ready, believe me.
- Charr Vigil Crusader at Orvar's Glen
- Killing undead is the only worthy use of a sword. After three long years fighting humans at Ebonhawke, joining the Vigil and taking this post has been like a cleansing of the soul.
- Every day I fought hard to beat back the resistance, I believed in it a little less. By the end, all I wanted was peace. At least with the undead, I can smash them into nothingness and not feel regret.
The best battle is one you can throw everything you've got into.
- That's true. There's no honor in fighting when your heart's not in it. But a battle for something you believe in, that is what your sword was forged for.
- I agree.
It takes strength to stand back and reevaluate your beliefs.
- Sometimes it's necessary. I'm no coward. I've been a soldier all my life. Stepping away from battle is not always a retreat.
- That's true.
- I can imagine.
- (If human)
- It's good to see you approach me without fear or anger. I fought the humans of Ebonhawke for years, and I regret it. Here, with the Vigil, I'm able to put my sword to work on behalf of both of our peoples.
You don't fight humans anymore?
- No, and with the truce in place, I don't feel as obligated to. I'd considered moving somewhere else where the animosity isn't as strong, but I decided to stay and help hold back the front line against the undead.
- The best battle is one you can throw everything you've got into. (same as above)
- It takes strength to stand back and reevaluate your beliefs. (same as above)
- That's good.
- Norn Vigil Crusader in Dragon's Stand
- I worked hard for this armor. Couldn't resist showing it off.
Where did you get it?
- With the proper currency, you can buy the pieces off that Order of Whispers keeper there.
- Thanks for the tip.
- Not bad.
- General greet
- Some must fight so that all may be free.
- Asuran Vigil Crusader greets
- Anything to report?
- Do you need my aid?
- Charity begins with one good deed.
- Charr Vigil Crusader greets
- Fight with valor.
- Eternal vigilance.
- United in victory.
- Fight to the last.
- Human Vigil Crusader greets
- We fight because we must.
- We cannot afford fear in times like this.
- Vigilance. Honor. Duty, above all.
- May Balthazar strengthen you.
- Sylvari Vigil Crusader greets
- You honor me.
- Consider me an ally.
- I serve the vigil. The Vigil serves Tyria.
- We are the bulwark against evil.
- No kindness is too small.
- I sense your inner strength.
- You can count on me.