From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- Gladium Waypoint —
Gladium Canton Vista —
- This vista is extremely easy to get to, as it's on ground level. Simply head to the spot via the catwalks.
- Adamant Guard
- Dann Sharpclaw
- Grough Heartless
- Iron Legion Soldier
- Old Soldier
- Overium the Distant
- Praga Fiendhaunt
- Roz Swishtail
- Gil Grittongue: You the soldiers I'm supposed to meet?
- Roz Swishtail: Yeah. I checked in with my tribune this morning, registered myself as gladium.
- Dann Sharpclaw: Me too.
- Gil Grittongue: Good. It's my job to get you settled and talk to you about your options. To the east there, you'll find one of them: the Vigil Chapterhouse. Now, follow me.
- Citizen: Did you hear the Heart warband is in town? They're passing through, on their way to Diessa Plateau.
- Citizen: Magic can be a powerful tool, but no way I'd trust my life to it.
- Citizen: Where's my knapsack? Oh, yeah. That devourer...
- Citizen: Nothing like hunting deer in the morning sun.
- Citizen: This proposed truce with humans isn't going to be an easy bone for either side to swallow.
- Citizen: The asura who operates that gate has nerves of steel. He stands out there every day, even knowing what's under his feet.
- Soldier: When I look down into the pit of what was once Rin, I'm awed by the magnitude of our victory.
- Plebeian (1): How do you deal with all the threats and violence here?
- Plebeian (2): It's not as bad as the human cities.
- Plebeian (1): You're kidding.
- Plebeian (2): I know when a charr wants to fight. Humans aren't as honest.
- Plebeian (1): How can you put up with it? The anger...the violence...
- Plebeian (2): The world's changing. This place is safe. Outside, it's getting worse.
- Plebeian: Welcome to the Shallows! Would do you like to buy some leafy greens?
- Soldier: No, thank you. Greens are for civilians. Soldiers eat meat.
- Plebeian: With all due respect, I think diplomacy and tact are required.
- Citizen: What? You think I should lie?
- Plebeian: The matter requires subtlety.
- Citizen: Better to resolve it quickly, once and for all.
- Plebeian: Why can't the charr be more polite?
- Citizen: You don't understand. He WAS being polite.
- Cub: I can't wait to jam this weapon through a grawl's skull.
- Citizen: What are you looking at, mouse?
- Vigil Crusader: Right now, I'm looking at a charr who's looking for a fight he may not win.
- Citizen: Heh. You're all right. Carry on.
- Plebeian: The locals don't talk to you like they talk to me. Why is that?
- Vigil Crusader: I fought in the arena.
- Plebeian: You fought in the arena? Is that all it takes?
- Vigil Crusader: It's more than that, but fighting and not dying would be a good start.
- Citizen (1): Look at those humans. Just a bunch of walking meat.
- Citizen (2): What do you have against humans? They're fighting on our side these days.
- Citizen (1): So? A human got to prove himself, just as anyone else.
- Citizen (1): Is it over? Are we through? I want to see you again.
- Citizen (2): It's not you. It's me. I'm the one who doesn't like you.
- Adamant Guard: Where'd that coward go?
- Citizen: Which one?
- Adamant Guard: The one who's hiding from me.
- Citizen Haven't seen him.
- Soldier: Our warband was on the march yesterday. Today, we're watching paint dry. That's the military life, eh?
- Soldier: Note to self: make sure we have enough provisions for the next field operation.
- Soldier: Only the weak and dumb allow themselves to get killed by a lowly animal.
- Soldier: Bah! Those Adamant Guards have no sense of humor. All I wanted to do was test their readiness.
- Soldier: Cornered animals are the worst. They have nothing to fear or to lose.
- Gil Grittongue: Your quarters are down here. Don't take it personally, but you just don't fit in anywhere else.
- Roz Swishtail: I get it. No warband. No place in the legions.
- Gil Grittongue: It's not so bad as that. You have options. You'll meet other gladium down here. You can make a new warband.
- Dann Sharpclaw: I don't want a new warband. I liked my old one, before they were all slaughtered by grawl.
- Gil Grittongue: I get it. You can always join the Vigil or one of the other orders. They won't judge you like others might.
- Dann Sharpclaw: Nobody's got any right to judge me. I'm gladium. Deal with it. They don't know how hard it is.
- Gil Grittongue: You two can take it from here. Just keep your noses clean. The last thing you want is a stay in the stockade. Or worse. Watch your backs.
- Roz Swishtail: Will do. Anyway, I had most of the fight knocked out of me when my warband died. I need a career change.
- Dann Sharpclaw: Me, I'm itching for a fight, but I'll take it out to the enemy. I may be gladium, but I'm still a legion soldier.
- Gil Grittongue: Stay strong. I'll see you around.