- 1325 AE
- Personal story
- The Battle of Claw Island
- Vigil Keep
Defend Vigil Keep from Zhaitan's army.
- Meet Trahearne at Vigil Keep.
- Head to Vigil Keep.
- Accompany Warmaster Efut.
- Fight your way to the blacksmith.
- Clear the siege weapon area for repairs.
- Destroy the Orrian siege weapons.
- Hold out against the Risen.
- Defeat Vizier Ghil Ironghoul.
- Report to General Soulkeeper.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Bag of Loot (5)
- One of the following: Commando's Helm, Outrider's Helm, Trooper's Helm
- One of the following: Commando's Bandanna, Outrider's Cap, Trooper's Mark
- One of the following: Commando's Mask, Outrider's Mask, Trooper's Mask
Vigil Keep is under assault by the Risen, and the Crusaders are pinned down due to the enemy's siege weaponry. As you try to approach the catapults, a bone wall sprouts from the earth, preventing any progress. Warmaster Efut recommends heading onto the ramparts and finding the Vigil's blacksmith - she could repair the trebuchets on the ramparts, which you can then use to attack the catapults from afar. Head towards the Keep and up the ramparts, defeating Risen along the way. After rescuing the blacksmith, defeat all the Risen near the trebuchets until they are repaired. The Risen's catapults will continue to pelt the ramparts while you attempt to destroy them, but otherwise this is a relative lull in the battle.
As soon as the last catapult is destroyed, Almorra Soulkeeper, Warmaster Efut, Trahearne, and any surviving Vigil soldiers will charge down the ramparts and onto the battlefield. Follow them and mop up any Risen along the way (depending on your luck with the trebuchet, many of them could be dead by now). Eventually, the enemy commander appears - a powerful Orrian Vizier. Defeat her to end the mission.
- Bone Seeker (summoned)
- Trahearne: That sounds like battle! The Vigil needs us.
On the way to Vigil Keep:
- Trahearne: Zhaitan's showing more intelligence. Striking at the heart of your order? It's almost unfathomable.
- Warmaster Efut: Warmaster! Trahearne! Thank the alchemical processes that inspired your presence. We're under siege!
After the magic wall appears around the Orrian siege engines:
- Warmaster Efut: Blast! What kind of foul magic was that? We must reconfigure our strategy.
- Trahearne: Bone walls! Those require powerful magic. We face no mere footsoldiers—there's an Orrian Vizier in there!
- <Character name>: They've cut us off! The Orrians are protecting the weaponry that's battering our keep's fortifications. We have to destroy those siege engines!
- Warmaster Efut: Vigil Keep has defensive weaponry on the far ramparts, but they were damaged in the first assault. We didn't have the manpower to repair them.
- Warmaster Efut: If we could clear the walls of undead and safeguard her path to the catapults, Blacksmith Vanhe can fix anything.
- <Character name>: Then we'll have to give her that chance. Let's get to the top of the walls and check in with General Soulkeeper.
- Warmaster Efut: I salute your bravery, my friend. Strike hard and fast, and we'll guard your back. Form up, Vigil!
After the cutscene:
- Warmaster Efut: Time to smash some rotting heads.
Talking to your allies:
- Trahearne: The Pale Tree said that Vigil Keep was in danger. We must do all we can to stop the Risen.
- It will not be an easy battle, but I believe we can defeat these Risen.
- Warmaster Efut: I hope you're ready to take on a dredge-ton of Risen, Warmaster.
- I'm ready if you are.
As your party approaches the Keep itself:
- Vigil Crusader: It's the warmaster! We're saved!
- Vigil Crusader: Hail, Warmaster! Good to see ya.
- Vigil Crusader: Praise Wolf that you're here, Warmaster!
- Vigil Crusader: Warmaster! By the alchemy's twisting cogs!
On top of the ramparts:
- Trahearne: We kill them, wave after wave, and still they keep coming.
- Warmaster Efut: Movement in the keep...Oh! It's the General. Stand at attention!
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Hostiles eradicated in the inner keep. They were tunneling under the walls, the rotten scum.
Speaking with Almorra:
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: This attack against our stronghold chills me to the bone. We mustn't let the dragons defeat us.
How did the attack start, ma'am?
- The dragon's minions swarmed up out of the water, attacking us during a change of guard. Bad luck for us, I suppose.
If Zhaitan takes Lion's Arch, we may lose Kryta.
- It's time to strike against Orr. First, we free the Keep, then sortie on Claw Island! Rise up, Warmaster!
- verification requested] If Zhaitan takes Lion's Arch, we may lose Kryta.[
Talking to the General (cutscene):
- <Character name>: Reporting for duty, General! I hope you don't mind that I brought a friend.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Warmaster! Trahearne! Good timing. We need every able-bodied soldier we can deploy. Efut, what's our status?
- Warmaster Efut: I must report defeat, ma'am. There's an Orrian wizard down there. We weren't able to get through the magical barriers.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Disappointing, but understandable. Secondary recommendations, anyone?
- <Character name>: Efut says there's a blacksmith who can repair our catapults. Trahearne and I can clear the ramparts while Efut follows behind to protect the civilian.
- Trahearne: Once the Orrian siege weapons are destroyed, they'll have to lower the magical walls if they intend to continue the attack on Vigil Keep.
- Warmaster Efut: Without those walls, I'm confident we'd have been successful, General. This time, there'll be no stopping us.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Excellent. While you do that, the crusaders and I will defend the wall. Move out!
After the cutscene:
- Warmaster Efut: Blacksmith Vanhe is the daughter of Beigarth, one of the most legendary norn smiths. She can fix anything!
After reaching the catapults and killing the Risen there:
- Blacksmith Vanhe: Bring it on, you Risen dungbeetles! You won't break this steel!
- Blacksmith Vanhe: Wish I'd had time to fix these before the battle. You never know how to prioritize till you get attacked by screaming undead...
- Blacksmith Vanhe: There you go, Warmaster. Good as new! Let 'em have it!
After destroying the Orrian siege weapons (in-game cutscene):
- Warmaster Efut: The Orrian siege weapons are down! You did it, Warmaster!
- Trahearne: No time to celebrate. The undead are making one last push!
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: The Orrians dare to strike at our keep? Well, they shall see how a cornered lion fights!
After the cutscene:
- Warmaster Efut: I'm itching to get some payback for that little wall-trick. Let's join the fray down on the field!
During the last fight:
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Fight to your last breath! To your last bit of courage! We stand between Tyria and death, and we cannot fail!
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Well fought! Don't give up now!
- Trahearne: Look, there! It's their leader. Take her down, and the battle is won!
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Spell reflection? Reflect THIS, Orrian.
- Vizier Ghil Ironghoul: The breath of life shall leave you...I shall watch it fail!
After defeating the Orrian Vizier (cinematic):
- <Character name>: Well done, crusaders. The Orrians are defeated, and the keep is safe! Three cheers for the Vigil!
- Vigil Crusader: Hoorah! Victory for the Vigil!
- Trahearne: It is fortunate that we arrived when we did. Those undead were about to overrun the keep.
- Trahearne: The Pale Tree is very wise. If Vigil Keep had falled, we'd never be able to defend Lion's Arch.
- <Character name>: Do you remember what she said? "With unity, many impossible things can be achieved."
- <Character name>: She's right, Trahearne. The Vigil can't fight Zhaitan alone. The dragon is too powerful. But there is another way.
- Trahearne: Whatever you're planning, know that I will stand with you.
- <Character name>: Thank you, Trahearne. Come, let's talk to General Soulkeeper.
Reporting to General Soulkeeper (cinematic):
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Warmaster, your timing was fortuitous. You and Trahearne have saved our order.
- Trahearne: It was our honor. If you don't mind, we need to brief you on recent events. Much has occurred in a very short time.
- <Character name>: General, I've become convinced that the Vigil can't stand against Zhaitan alone. We may have an army, but we don't have the information or resources.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Huh. If it were anyone other than you, Warmaster, I might think you were a coward. But after what you did on the field today, continue.
- Trahearne: The other orders of Tyria are as concerned about the dragons as we are. The Vigil should speak with them and launch a unified effort.
- Warmaster Efut: Speak with them? But...but...the Order of Whispers are underhanded backstabbers, and the Priory are simpering scholars!
- Trahearne: You're wrong, Efut. They simply have their own ways of fighting Zhaitan. Both would be staunch allies in the war.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: I don't like it, and I don't trust them. But I do trust you, Warmaster. And I trust Trahearne. If he says we're up against overwhelming odds, I believe him.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Go to the other orders. Set up a meeting. Tell them the Vigil offers an alliance.
- <Character name>: Thank you, General. I'll do everything I can.
After the cinematic:
- Trahearne: I know so much about Orr — but I've done nothing to stop the devastation. Am I at fault?
Talking to the NPCs:
- Trahearne: Zhaitan tried to crush our hope. It failed. Now, we are only more certain of our purpose.
You were right. We can't do this alone.
- It will take the combined effort of all three orders to defeat the dragon. I hope you're feeling very persuasive, <character name>.
- I hope so too.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Carry those messages to the other orders. I don't like this plan, but it's the best we got.
- I'll do my best, General.
- Warmaster Efut: We will avenge the fallen, and free Claw island from this monters's grip. Lead the way, <character name>.
Do you really think the Vigil can do this alone?
- If you'd ask me that before today, I would have said yes. Now, knowing this is but a fraction of the dragon's army...I'm not as certain.
I have a radical idea to get us reinforcement. I hope you'll trust me.
- Since you showed up, the Vigil's made great strides against the dragons. I'd follow you into the Mists, <character name>. Just tell me where to fight.
- I'll to