Help the Vigil investigate the undead raids on Snowdrift Haven.
- Meet Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker at Snowdrift Haven.
- Defend the haven from Sagum and his thralls.
- Search Sagum's corpse for the amulet.
Travel to the Black Citadel to debrief with the representatives of the orders of Tyria.
- Regroup with Rytlock and the order representatives in Hero's Canton.
- Decide how to proceed.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- 4 Bags of Loot
- One of the following: Strong Iron Mace, Strong Iron Sword, Strong Simple Scepter
- One of the following: Strong Iron Mace, Strong Iron Sword, Strong Iron Axe
- One of the following: Strong Journeymen Longbow, Strong Iron Mace, Strong Iron Rifle
- One of the following: Strong Iron Shield, Strong Iron Rifle, Strong Iron Pistol
- One of the following: Strong Journeymen Longbow, Strong Iron Axe, Strong Iron Sword
- One of the following: Strong Iron Dagger, Strong Simple Short Bow, Strong Iron Sword
- One of the following: Strong Simple Staff, Strong Simple Scepter, Strong Iron Dagger
- One of the following: Strong Simple Staff, Strong Simple Scepter, Strong Iron Pistol
- One of the following: Strong Simple Scepter, Strong Iron Axe, Strong Iron Dagger
Travel to Snowdrift Haven (as a charr, you likely won't have been anywhere nearby yet - head west from Diessa Plateau via Wayfarer Foothills) and meet with Gahn. After a brief cutscene, clear out the undead from the haven, but be careful of the large amount that can attack at once. Sagum will attack as well, and he has a hard-hitting knock-down that can be painful. After killing Sagum, retrieve the amulet from his corpse. Return to the Black Citadel to choose the next mission: Dangerous Research to assist the Durmand Priory, or Digging Up Answers to assist the Order of Whispers.
- Snowdrift Haven
- Hero's Canton
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker
- Korukhan the Blacksmith
- Rytlock Brimstone
- Scholar Yahala Scribepaw
- Standard instance NPCs
Speaking to your sparring partner:
- Clawspur: Looking forward to killing stuff.
- You and me both. Anything that gets between us and finding Howl dies.
- Dinky: I've been stationed in chilier places, but not while looking for a friend's missing body. Makes everything feel colder and deader.
- Stick close, Dinky. I think things are about to heat up.
- Euryale: I'm with you, boss. Lead the way. This is for the warband, for Howl!
- That's the spirit. Follow me.
- Maverick: This cold weather makes my fur frizzy. That's ok, though: it just makes me look bigger and more impressive.
- Glad you found the bright side, Mav. Keep moving.
- Reeva: What this place needs is a big bonfire. And some music. And a couple kegs of ale. That'd liven things up.
- "Livening" isn't our mission here, Reeva, unless culling undead counts.
Speaking to Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker (cinematic):
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: It's worse than I thought. The haven's already crawling with undead creatures. We need to clean them out.
- <Character name>: Agreed. But what about the amulet?
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: It's easier to search a dead body that isn't moving. Let's go!
Speaking to Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker after cinematic:
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: Don't know how many undead you've put down, soldier, but if you haven't had much practice, here's your chance to catch up.
- To solve this mystery, I'd kill anything: living, dead, undead, or inanimate.
After killing Sagum the Foul:
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: That shambling bag of bones is wearing something.
On examining the corpse of Sagum the Foul (cinematic):
- <Character name>: This amulet of Rissa's was able to summon more than just undead grubs. I don't like this.
- <Character name>: Howl's grave was empty. He could be out there right now, leading an undead attack on some other haven.
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: Maybe, but right now, our top priority is to get this amulet back to the citadel. The sooner we understand how it works, the better.
- <Character name>: Agreed. With all three orders pitching in to study the amulet, we can figure out how to destroy it—or at least deactivate it.
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: Studying is for scholars and spies. They can do whatever they like with Rissa's amulet after we secure it someplace where it won't cause any more trouble.
Speaking to your allies after cinematic:
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: Nice work, Centurion. Meet me at Hero's Canton and we'll see if the other orders have anything useful to contribute.
- Understood. I'll see you there.
- Clawspur: That felt good, but we're just getting started...right?
- Right. Move out, soldier.
- Dinky: So, we cut down a bunch of dead guys and found an amulet...but they're not the right dead guys, or the right amulet. Right?
- That sounds about right. So we keep looking.
- Euryale: Well, that's a few less undead stinking up the world now. But are we any closer to finding Howl?
- One step at a time, Euryale. We'll find him.
- Maverick: That'll give these local yokels something to talk about. When they get tired of talking about snow and boredom, that is.
- Fall in, soldier. There's still work to do.
- Reeva: When this is all over, I still want to stage a big outdoor party here in Howl's honor.
- I'll take that under consideration, soldier. Fall in, we've still got work to do.
When approaching Rytlock and the order representatives:
- Scholar Yahala Scribepaw: The Durmand Priory is looking forward to working with the citadel on this, Tribune.
- Korukhan the Blacksmith: As is the Order of Whispers. The dragons want us to come at them individually. That's why we shouldn't do it.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Glad to have you both aboard. We're going to need reliable information from here on.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Not to sell the Vigil short. Their firepower is always an asset.
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: No need to flatter me, Tribune. I know research isn't the Vigil's strong suit.
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: As long as what we're doing eventually leads to the dragons, we don't mind taking a back seat. Temporarily.
Speaking to Rytlock (cinematic):
- <Character name>: Reporting in, Tribune. We have one of the necromancer's amulets. Now we just need to figure out how to deal with it.
- Scholar Yahala Scribepaw: Top Priory researchers are standing by to determine how the amulet works, and more importantly, how to neutralize it.
- Korukhan the Blacksmith: My sources say the Inquest has already completed their research on one of the amulets.
- Korukhan the Blacksmith: Why waste time repeating their efforts, when we could just...acquire their results?
- Scholar Yahala Scribepaw: I don't trust the Inquest's methodology. This is too important not to handle ourselves, the right way.
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: You scholars and spies know more about the right way to collect data. The Vigil will be standing by when there's action to be taken.
- Rytlock Brimstone: It's your call, Centurion. Do you want to assist the Order of Whispers retrieval mission or the Priory research effort?
Speaking to your allies after cinematic:
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: I hate to leave you to the likes of Yahala and Korukhan, but their idea of mission prep is a waste of our time...and yours. Let me know when you're ready for action.
- I'm always ready. If you want us to get along, you'll remember that.
- A good officer always considers all the options. But you know that.
- I will, Gahn. But first I need to know what I'm up against.
- Scholar Yahala Scribepaw: Inquest research cannot be trusted any more than the Inquest itself. For reliable, trustworthy methods, the Priory is primed and ready. Let us take this one.
- Dangerous Research.) Trusting Inquest results seems like a problem. I'll work with you and the Priory. (Leads to
- I want to think this over before I decide.
- Korukhan the Blacksmith: The Inquest is evil, but their resources are immense. Acquiring their research lets us access it while denying it to them. It's flawless. Are you with us?
- Digging Up Answers.) I like the way you think, blacksmith. I'll work with you and the Order of Whispers. (Leads to
- I need more time to decide.