1 1 1
Click to enlarge.
Fort Cadence is an area within Sparkfly Fen. Atop this natural rise overlooking the Ocean's Gullet lies the ruins of an ancient fortress. The Vigil forces uses it as a stronghold in order to prevent Dead Ships from crossing into Bloodtide Coast to the north. This strategic vantage point offers a strong defensive position in their never-ending struggle against the tide of Risen landing on this shore.
Locations and objectives
- Renown Hearts
- Assist Jezza and the Vigil in clearing Risen from Fort Cadence (55)
- Fort Cadence Waypoint —
- Points of Interest
- Battlement Shore —
- Clear the Risen from the center of the ruins of Fort Cadence (55)
- Defend Fort Cadence's southern entrance (55)
- Escort Scholar Yorix through the caverns (55)
- Protect the Northern Ruins! (55)
- Defend the ruins of Fort Cadence (56)
- Retake the Vigil's base camp (56)
- Sink the Ash Horizon! (56) [Group Event]
- Sylvan Hound (55)
- Hermit Crab (55)
- Mosquito (55-56)
- Crimson Moa (55)
- Translucent Ooze (55)
- Risen Brute (54-55)
- Risen Grub (55)
- Risen Hylek (54-55)
- Risen Plague Carrier (55)
- Risen Thrall (54-55)
- Priory Scholar (1): This place is terrifying. In my view, the locals have no chance of survival.
- Priory Scholar (2): Hylek can be replaced. The antiquities here cannot be.
- Priory Scholar (1): For a pirate stronghold, there's a distinct lack of treasures and trophies.
- Priory Scholar (2): Maybe some other pirates got here before us.
- Priory Scholar (1): The record shows this place has been called Fort Cadence for hundreds of years.
- Priory Scholar (2): That would explain the oddly rhythmic quality to the spirits' wailing.
- Priory Scholar (1): I'm finding it hard to concentrate with so many spirits about.
- Priory Scholar (2): Count your blessings. It'd be harder if the pirates were still alive.
- Priory Scholar (1): This place is empty, except for the ghosts. How am I supposed to record the ephemeral?
- Priory Scholar (2): Oaf! Do it the way you do everything in my krewe: precisely.
- Crusader Deeta: So, your tribe had to scatter?
- Cogl: It is so. When the Sunless came, we could not hold them back. Many died.
- Crusader Deeta: What did you do?
- Cogl: My story is common. I fled north to join others and make a better fight. The Vigil is my tribe now.
- Vigil Crusader Jevaran: Why the Vigil? Why didn't you join one of the tribes guarding the temple at Astrozintli?
- Cogl: I have little hope for the tribes at Astrozintli. It will take more than one race to swallow the dragons.
- Cogl: I want to be with the winners. The Vigil is strong, not desperate. The tribes at Astrozintli are going to die
- Vigil Crusader Jevaran: That makes me sad. So many dead. So many yet to die.
- Cogl: And you? Why Vigil and not Wyld Hunt?
- Crusader Rowen: I have not received a call to my Wyld Hunt. My destiny is not that grand just yet. Perhaps one day.
- Crusader Deeta: It's the same for me. I choose to fight, but I am not yet called to any particular battle. So, I follow the Vigil with heart and heel.