Punish Tactician Syska's Betrayal.
- Meet Trahearne at Oceanside Ordnance.
- Confront Syska.
- Defeat the mesmer impersonating Syska.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Bag of Loot (3)
Speak with Trahearne, after which the two of you will walk up the ramp to Syska. After some dialogue revealing her intentions, she will transform into Labwan and try to kill you. The NPC is only a veteran and between yourself and Trahearne, the battle is just a formality. After defeating her, some more dialogue occurs and then you receive your reward for completion.
- Priory Arcanist
- Vigil Crusader
- Vigil Medic
- Whispers Agent
- Wounded Priory Arcanist
- Wounded Priory Explorer
- Wounded Priory Scholar
- Wounded Vigil Tactician
- Wounded Whispers Agent
At Trahearne (cinematic):
- Trahearne: Welcome, Commander. Syska, or her impersonator, is here. Maybe now we'll get to the bottom of this.
- Trahearne: I've kept her former squadmates away so they don't tip her off. You and I will confront this impostor personally.
- <Character name>: Sure you want to be directly involved? Whoever "Syska" is, she targeted you. She targeted me, too, but only to get a clear shot at you.
- Trahearne: I'm sure. The fact that she was after me makes this my problem. The Pact needs to see me handle it, and I need you by my side when I do.
At Tactician Syska (cinematic):
- Tactician Syska: I'm sorry, Marshal Trahearne, but the commander has to go! I won't have anything to do with the failure who shelled my soldiers!
- Trahearne: The Commander is here at my request, Tactician. Recent events have raised serious concerns about you.
- Tactician Syska: I've done the best I could in very difficult circumstances. Every soldier in my unit will vouch—
- Trahearne: I already spoke with them. They support what the commander has been saying. You're not quite yourself these days, are you?
- Tactician Syska: No. I'm better. I intended to quietly exploit my position until you were dead and your war lost, but now I'm forced to be direct.
- Tactician Syska: You're hard to kill, Trahearne, but I'll keep trying until I get it right!
Before the fight:
- Labwan the Deceiver: A pleasure to shed that facade.
- Labwan the Deceiver: Behold me as I truly am.
- Trahearne: You claim to be Zhaitan's creature. Yet you speak and act as if untouched by its corruption.
- Labwan the Deceiver: My will is Zhaitan's.
- Labwan the Deceiver: You and your troops will be his puppets.
After the fight (cinematic):
- Trahearne: At last, the impersonator is dead. Perhaps now the Pact can conduct its war without Zhaitan's interference and trickery.
- <Character name>: Zhaitan's forces must consider the Pact a serious threat. Why else would they be so determined to destroy its leadership and headquarters?
- Trahearne: I agree. They committed time and resources to crippling our alliance, but they failed. Now is the time to press our advantage, before they regroup.
- Trahearne: We should start the invasion of Orr. It will be a long, hard road, but we will never have a better opportunity.
- Trahearne: I will begin the initial preparations. Stick close. Once I determine our strategy, I'll need you to execute the particulars.
- Trahearne: This is what we've been working for. From now on, we're taking the initiative. A united Tyria is stronger than any dragon.
Talking to Trahearne:
- Trahearne: Planting a disruptive mesmer among is us
Does this mean I've regained the Pact's confidence?
- You definitely have mine. And once I've spread the truth about what happened here, you'll have the Pact's again, too.
I'll always regret shelling those soldiers.
- I understand, but do not let that regret consume you. You were misled by an illusion. And I'll make sure the families of the fallen know who's truly to blame.
- Thank you, Marshal. I'll see you back at Fort Trinity.
- Syska's Greatsword is placed in the characters personal story tab of the Hero panel at the end of this story segment.
- Syska's appearance is different from previous missions. It is unclear if this change is an intentional reference to her deception, or a bug.