Guild missions are weekly challenges for your guild. The currently available missions are listed in the Guild Missions tab of your guild panel. Select the mission you want to run and start it; you'll then have a limited amount of time to complete its objectives. If you fail, you can run it again at no cost. The first time your guild successfully completes a mission each week, it will award your guild favor. The first time you personally complete each mission in a week, you'll receive a personal reward.
The mission tab of the guild panel shows details of each mission available and those that are still locked. There are separate indicators for completion by both individual members (the small chest, closed if available, open if completed) and the guild (shield next to the chest, empty if available, filled with gold if completed).
"Mission Control" permission is required to launch (start) a mission. Select the mission you wish to launch then click the "Launch Mission" button on the bottom-center of the panel. Only one guild mission at a time may be active.
- As with all other missions, use the Missions tab of the Guild panel to launch the mission.
- Interact with the mission symbol on the ground at the starting location of the mission. Replying "Yes..." to the prompt will create a Guild Banner on top of the symbol.
- All participating guild members must enter the same instance to get mission credit. This is done by stepping up to the Guild Banner at the start of the mission. A prompt should appear defaulting to the guild currently represented. Select the correct guild and hit the "YES" button. You should then be moved to the correct instance with your fellow guild members.
- When all participating guild members have entered the correct instance, speak to the Guild Initiative Representative next to the mission symbol on the ground to start the mission.
The mission will be automatically aborted if these steps 2, 3 and 4 are not carried out within a time limit.
Mission opportunities are unlocked as the guild level increases and may be separated into six categories:
|Easy Weekly Opportunities||1||Create the guild.|
|2||Requires Guild Level 10.|
|3||Requires Guild Level 40.|
|Medium Weekly Opportunities||1||Create the guild.|
|2||Reach Guild Level 20|
|Hard Weekly Opportunities||1||Create the guild.|
|2||Reach Guild Level 30.|
|WvW Opportunities||1||Mission Slot: WvW from the War Room|
|PvP Opportunities||1||Mission Slot: PvP from the Guild Arena|
|PvE Opportunities||1||Mission Slot: PvE from the Guild Market|
Guild Mission Preference may be viewed or changed prior to mission reset time by a guild member with the "Mission Control" privilege by clicking the white cog near the top-center of the missions tab of your guild panel. It is fixed for the entire week. All guilds with the same preference receive the same mission opportunities. There are four possible preferences:
- PvE, Player versus Environment, a game mode designed to be completed cooperatively with other players.
- PvP, Player versus Player, a game mode where teams of 1-5 players participate competitively against other players.
- WvW, World versus World, a PvP game mode where players from three different servers, or worlds, battle in the Mists.
- No Preference (+10% Favor), Randomly populates the Easy, Medium and Hard weekly opportunity categories from the PvE, PvP and WvW opportunity lists. A +10% Favor bonus for mission completion is given.
Preference selection determines the first three types of opportunities (Easy, Medium and Hard). The remaining three categories (WvW, PvP and PvE) are populated with missions randomly drawn from among the Easy, Medium, and Hard missions for the appropriate category after they have been unlocked.
Missions reset weekly at Monday 07:30 UTC. A new set of mission opportunities is randomly selected based on a guild's preference. The guild may earn additional favor up to the weekly cap of 2000, which is reduced if the addition will exceed the total favor cap of 6000.
Guild Portal (object) in the guild hall provides a convenient way to gather participants prior to starting most guild missions and transport them to the nearest waypoint. It is recommended to join the same squad prior to activating the portal. Activation requires "Open Guild Portal" permission and Heart of Thorns expansion. However, using the portal after activation does not require the Heart of Thorns expansion.
List of opportunities
There are three types of mission opportunities that may be placed into each of the six mission categories: WvW, PvP and PvE. Each of these opportunities has three difficulty levels: easy, medium and hard.
| WvW Capture
|WvW mission where members must capture a specified number of objectives within specific amount of time.||Easy||5||3||Capture 1 camp||15 Minutes|
|Medium||10||3||Capture 2 camps||15 Minutes|
|Hard||15||3||Capture 3 camps||15 Minutes|
| WvW Capture
|WvW mission where members must capture a specified number of objectives within specific amount of time.||Easy||5||3||Capture 3 sentry points||15 Minutes|
|Medium||10||3||Capture 5 sentry points||15 Minutes|
|Hard||15||3||Capture 10 sentry points||15 Minutes|
|WvW Capture and Hold||WvW mission where members must capture and hold an objective until it reaches a certain tier within the time limit.||Easy||5||3||Capture and hold 1 camp until it reaches Tier 1||60 Minutes|
|Medium||10||3||Capture and hold 1 tower until it reaches Tier 1||60 Minutes|
|Hard||15||3||Capture and hold 1 keep until it reaches Tier 1||60 Minutes|
| WvW Challenge
|WvW mission in which members work together to complete various WvW tasks and challenges.||Easy||5||1||Find a way through the WvW Obsidian Sanctum and reach the end of the puzzle||? Minutes|
|Medium||10||1||Find a way through the WvW Obsidian Sanctum and reach the end of the puzzle||? Minutes|
|Hard||15||1||Find a way through the WvW Obsidian Sanctum and reach the end of the puzzle||45 Minutes|
|WvW Supply Lines||WvW mission in which members must escort caravans to objectives within a specific time limit.||Easy||5||3||Complete 3 dolyak defend events||20 Minutes|
|Medium||10||3||Complete 5 dolyak defend events||25 Minutes|
|Hard||15||3||Complete 8 dolyak defend events||25 Minutes|
|WvW Rank||WvW mission in which members must earn a certain amount of world experience within a time limit.||Easy||5||-||10,000 WvW rank points||30 Minutes|
|Medium||10||-||25,000 WvW rank points||30 Minutes|
|Hard||15||-||50,000 WvW rank points||30 Minutes|
|Mission||Description||Difficulty||Recommended Players||Required Players (on guild team)||Mission Target||Time Limit|
|PvP Conquest||PvP mission in which guild team members must complete various tasks in the conquest game mode.||Easy||3||3||Combined score of 300||30 Minutes|
|Medium||5||3||Combined score of 500||30 Minutes|
|Hard||8||3||Combined score of 800||30 Minutes|
|PvP Rank||PvP mission in which guild team members must earn PvP rank points within a time limit.||Easy||3||3||4000 PvP rank points||30 Minutes|
|Medium||5||3||8000 PvP rank points||30 Minutes|
|Hard||8||3||16000 PvP rank points||30 Minutes|
| PvP Stronghold
|PvP mission in which guild team members must complete various tasks in the Stronghold game mode.||Easy||3||3||Summon 2 Mist Champions||30 Minutes|
|Medium||5||3||Summon 8 Mist Champions||40 Minutes|
|Hard||8||3||Summon 18 Mist Champions||55 Minutes|
| PvP Stronghold
|PvP mission in which guild team members must complete various tasks in the Stronghold game mode.||Easy||3||3||Kill 1 Stronghold Lord||30 Minutes|
|Medium||5||3||Kill 2 Stronghold Lords||40 Minutes|
|Hard||8||3||Kill 3 Stronghold Lords||55 Minutes|
|PvP Win||PvP mission in which guild team members must win a certain number of matches in a time limit.||Easy||3||3||Win 1 PvP Match||30 Minutes|
|Medium||5||3||Win 2 PvP Stronghold Matches||40 Minutes|
|Hard||8||3||Win 3 PvP Stronghold Matches||55 Minutes|
|PvP Top Stats||PvP mission in which guild team members must obtain top stats.||Easy||3||3||Earn 5 Top Stats||30 Minutes|
|Medium||5||3||Earn 10 Top Stats||30 Minutes|
|Hard||8||3||Earn 15 Top Stats||30 Minutes|
|Mission||Description||Difficulty||Recommended Players||Required Players||Mission Target||Time Limit|
|Guild Bounty||Open world mission where members work together to find and kill targets across Tyria.||Easy||5||-||Kill 1 Target||10 Minutes|
|Medium||10||-||Kill 3 Targets||15 Minutes|
|Hard||15||-||Kill 5 Targets||20 Minutes|
|Guild Challenge||Instanced missions in which members work together to overcome various tasks, involving: protecting NPCs or objects, defeating hostile NPCs, destroying objects in rapid succession, or surviving for a set amount of time.||Medium||10||-||Specific challenge||30 Minutes|
|Hard||15||-||Specific challenge||20 Minutes|
|Guild Puzzle||Instanced mission in which members work together to complete a large multiroom puzzle (similar to a mini dungeon), with various elements including jumping sections.||Medium||10||4 or 6||Specific puzzle||35 Minutes|
|Hard||15||4 or 6||Specific puzzle||25 Minutes|
|Guild Race||Open-world mission in which participants are transformed and required to pass through a series of markers before reaching the finish line, all within a time limit.||Easy||5||-||15 Players finish||31 Minutes|
|Medium||10||-||15 Players finish||21 Minutes|
|Hard||15||-||15 Players finish||11 Minutes|
|Guild Trek||Open-world mission in which members work together to find several specific locations across Tyria within a time limit.||Easy||5||-||Find 5 Targets||15 Minutes|
|Medium||10||-||Find 15 Targets||17 Minutes|
|Hard||15||-||Find 30 Targets||20 Minutes|
The weekly mission reward caps reset at Monday 07:30 UTC, when new missions are distributed.
Both individual members and the guild may receive weekly rewards for each difficulty level in each of the six categories for a total of 10 weekly rewards (at Guild level 40: 3 Easy, 2 Medium, 2 Hard plus 1 each WvW, PvP and PvE).
Members who help successfully complete a mission while representing the guild, which has that mission active, will receive a popup reward chest on the lower-right side of their screen. Earning a mission reward marks that slot as awarded for all of the player's guilds.
Guilds receive favor for successfully completed missions. There is a 2000 favor weekly cap and a 6000 favor overall cap.
Personal and Guild rewards are determined by the difficulty of each successfully completed mission. The difficulty of the WvW, PvP and PvE opportunities is randomly selected each week.
|Opportunity||Personal Rewards||Guild Rewards|
|Easy Weekly Opportunity||70 + 1||1 or more Sliver||1 piece of rare or better equipment||300|
|Medium Weekly Opportunity||75 + 1||1 or more Sliver||2 pieces of rare or better equipment||400|
|Hard Weekly Opportunity||80 + 2||3 or more Slivers||2 pieces of rare or better equipment||500|
|Maximum Weekly Total||7 45 + 12-15||14 or more Slivers||14-17 pieces of rare or better equipment||2000|
Non-guild member rewards
Normal Event rewards. This is also received by non-representing guild members.
Most guild missions require 3 or more representing members, but certain missions may be successfully completed by a single player. A Guild member with 'Mission Control' privilege must start the mission.
- Guild Trek personal credit may be received if you locate and complete any of the targets of the Trek.
Completing some guild missions requires participating with another Guild, while representing your own guild to receive guild credit.
- Guild Race, You must personally complete the mission to receive both personal and guild credit if enough people from all guilds complete the mission requirement.
- Guild Puzzle (instanced), Start the mission when outside the instance. Represent the guild you wish to receive credit. Enter the instance of the other Guild (you must be a member of that guild). You will receive both personal and guild credit after the mission is successfully completed.
- WvW Challenge, merely must be in a WvW map during Collect power cores and return them to a research camp to help charge the Skysplitter (80). If your WvW team completes the mission requirement (even if not members of your guild) then you will receive both personal and guild credit.
Guild World Events
- In addition to the above rewards, Guild Missions may also award Dragonite Ore, Shard of Crystallized Resonance, or other guild related items or consumables (randomly).
- Guilds are rewarded with +10% favor if "No Preference" is selected.
- Newer, small guilds should be able to complete easy difficulty missions, but it may require a large guild with a sufficient number of participants to complete some of the hard difficulty missions.
- Guild missions were introduced in the Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm update (26 February 2013).
- Guild Bounty Training were added in the March 26, 2013 update to make it easier for smaller guilds to afford the steep unlocking costs.
- Guild World Events were added in the Game updates/2014-04-15 to allow guilds to spawn world bosses outside of the regularly scheduled spawn times added with mega servers.
- With the September 2014 Feature Pack, a reservation system is used to prioritize adding guild members to a specific map for guild missions. There is a limit to the number of reservations.
- Guild missions were reworked with the release of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns. For information about the mechanic prior to its release, see here.
- PvP and WvW guild missions were introduced with the release of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.