Garden plots are unlockable upgrades for the home instance, enabling the player to grow their own crops for cooking with.
Up to three plots may be obtained per account:
- Black Lion Garden Plot Deed — Two may be purchased from the Gem Store.
- Garden Plot Deed — One is unlocked during the sylvari section of the Gourmet Training achievement.
- Applied Development Lab — Immediately to the left of the entrance.
- Hero's Canton — Immediately to the left of the entrance.
- Salma District — Run forward past the fountain and up the steps. Turn left and head up another set of steps, then turn left again. Accounts with a Black Lion Garden Plot Deed may optionally use the Launchpad to Garden to jump straight there.
- Hunter's Hearth — Head up the stairs to the right of the entrance, all the way to the top. Accounts with a Black Lion Garden Plot Deed may optionally use the Raven Statue to teleport straight there.
- Dreamer's Terrace — Head up the ramp immediately to your right. When you reach the balcony, turn right and head up the twisty path. Accounts with a Black Lion Garden Plot Deed may optionally use the Launch-Mushroom to Garden to jump straight there.
Each garden plot comes with four Open Soil slots.
Obtain a seed pouch (see List of crops, below) and double-click it to convert it to a bundle, then interact with one of the Open Soil slots to plant them. Only one seed pouch may be converted to a bundle at a time; multiple pouches, even if they're the same type of seed, will be lost if you click them before planting the previous one. How many times you can plant from a single bundle depends on whether the seed pouch was chef-crafted (one plant) or Gardener-purchased (unlimited plants).
Upon planting, the slot will turn into Growing Crops. These will mature into harvestable nodes on the next daily reset. Varietal (chef-crafted) crops may only be harvested once before needing replanting. All other crops will regrow at each daily reset until removed by the player by interacting with the Growing Crops.
A Gardener NPC will be added to the home instance upon unlocking at least one plot. Accounts with a Black Lion Garden Plot Deed will have the option to purchase seed pouches from these NPCs, including four exclusive account-bound crops which can be used to craft Flask of Metabolic Primer, Flask of Utility Primer, and various dyes. Gardeners do not offer anything to accounts that have only unlocked the chef version of the plot.
List of crops
These seed pouches are account-bound and may be crafted by Chefs with a cooking level of 475 after completing the sylvari section of Gourmet Training. Each pouch is consumed on use, and its bundle may only be used to plant a single crop.
|Seed pouch||Node||Harvested item||Effect in ascended food||TP buy price||TP sell price|
|Varietal Cilantro Seed Pouch||Varietal Cilantro||Cultivated Cilantro Leaf||66% chance to steal life on critical hit||…||…|
|Varietal Clove Seed Pouch||Varietal Clove||Cultivated Clove||-20% incoming Condition Duration||…||…|
|Varietal Mint Seed Pouch||Varietal Mint||Cultivated Mint Leaf||+10% outgoing Healing||…||…|
|Varietal Peppercorn Seed Pouch||Varietal Peppercorn||Cultivated Peppercorn||-10% incoming Damage||…||…|
|Varietal Sesame Seed Pouch||Varietal Sesame||Cultivated Sesame Seed||Regenerates health every second||…||…|
These seed pouches are account-bound and may be purchased for free from Gardeners, but only if the account has unlocked a Black Lion Garden Plot Deed. Some pouches further require that you unlock them for the vendor via the Dedicated Gardener achievement first. Each pouch is consumed on use, but unlike varietal pouches, the bundle may be used to plant any number of crops.
Appearance in Applied Development Lab
Appearance in Hero's Canton
Appearance in Salma District
Appearance in Hunter's Hearth
Appearance in Dreamer's Terrace
- Black Lion Collections: Dedicated Gardener — Collect all plantable seeds for your home garden. Seeds have a chance to drop while gathering from harvesting nodes that produce that resource. Resource synthesizers in Guild Halls and World vs. World don't create seeds. (0)
- Tradesman: Gourmet Training (5 )
- Varietal crops may only be harvested by the instance owner.
- Non-varietal nodes can be gathered by anyone visiting the home instance, as long as the owner has not gathered them and exited the instance — upon reentering the home instance, the nodes will be unharvestable.
- If you gather from another player's home instance, your own nodes will be unharvestable even if they were growing different plants.
- Seed pouches are removed from the player's inventory on equip. If the player drops the equipped seed pouch or clicks on another seed pouch before planting, the seeds will be lost.