The Guild Vault is an inventory storage space available to a guild that has researched the Guild Vault: Stash upgrade with the Guild Initiative Notary. It can be increased to include as many as 250 slots. Guild members can open the vault by speaking to a Guild Banker or Guild Registrar in any city, or by activating a Vault Transport upgrade. In addition, the ability to deposit or withdraw from each section of the vault can be limited by adjusting the permissions of the relevant member ranks. It also appears inside a building in Gilded Hollow and Lost Precipice guild halls.[verification requested]
|Guild vault section||Permission||Deposit limit||Unlock requirements|
|Slots||Coin||Upgrade||Guild Level||Gold cost||Favor cost||Aetherium cost|
|Guild Stash||Stash||50||1000||Guild Vault: Stash||0||50||1000||0|
|Treasure Trove||Trove||100||1000||Guild Treasure Trove||20||0||1500||3000|
|Deep Cave||Trove||100||1000||Deep Cave||32||100||2000||3000|
- Vault Transport — Summons the Guild Vault to your location for easy access. Must have vault permissions.
- Each section of the vault allows you to write a custom note of up to 74-characters.
- Before the changes to upgrades with the 23-Oct-2015 release of Heart of Thorns expansion, many players created a personal guild in order to use its vault as additional storage. Previously created personal guild vaults operate as before, but any expansion must use the new methodology.
- Players cannot open a guild vault until 72 hours after they have joined, in part to prevent it from being used by gold sellers.
- Players may only withdraw up to 500g a week from a guild bank. This is a combined total from all sections of a guild bank and not a limit per each.
- Account Bound items and Soulbound items may not be placed into the Guild Vault.
- New Accounts are limited by a maximum value of items deposited and withdrawn.
- A log is automatically maintained of all deposits and withdrawals.
- The drop down on the left side defaults to a player's inventory but this can be swapped for your bank's inventory.
- At release, Guild Vaults were tied to a specific world:
- Cross-server guilds had to build vaults separately on each world using influence generated by members whose accounts belong to that world.
- As of the September 2014 Feature Pack, guilds are global and shared regardless of the world you are on. All merits, influence, and vaults were merged and are now shared across worlds.
- ArenaNet cannot replace items or wealth lost from a guild bank.
- All accounts created after August 28, 2015 (when free accounts were introduced) must meet the following criteria for access:
- Own an expansion, Heroic edition, or have purchased the core game (i.e. not free to play)
- Wait 5 days for validation