Map bonus reward
By completing events, jumping puzzles, and mini-dungeons in a map, you’ll be periodically awarded with one of its associated bonuses in addition to the normal rewards.
- Reward tracks are account-based, and all characters on an account can contribute to them.
- Rewards tracks are structured in tiers, with a reward at every 200 points up to 8000. Rewards are given immediately to the current character when a reward tier is reached.
- After 8000 points the reward track resets and starts giving rewards from the beginning.
- Character-based diminishing returns affects map bonus rewards.
- The diminishing returns resets at 00:00 UTC each day.
- Every 20th reward gives ten times as many of the current item.
- Reward tracks change every week at Thursday 20:00 UTC.
- There is an eight-week cycle of reward tracks.
- Consumables can be used to gain points or increase the rate of earning points in maps:
- Pact Scout's Mapping Materials - grants 200 points within Central Tyria zones. Every day it is possible to buy 6 of these tokens from the Pact Supply Network Agents. Effects that increase points gained do not affect this consumable.
- Map Bonus Rate Increase — a guild upgrade that increases all map bonuses gained by 3-10% based on the upgrades to the guild hall
- Potion of Verdant Attunement — increases rewards in Verdant Brink
- Potion of Auric Attunement — increases rewards in Auric Basin
- Potion of Tangled Attunement — increases rewards in Tangled Depths
Central Tyria reward track rotation
This section shows the first 5 rewards for each zone that yields map bonus rewards. See the pages for each zone for a detailed list of all 40 rewards.
- Map bonus rewards for this week (week 1)
Maguuma Wastes and Expansion maps
- Dry Top rewards rotate between Piles of Silky Sand and Geodes.
- The Silverwastes rewards rotate between Piles of Silky Sand, Bandit Crests, Bags of Gear and Silverwastes Shovels.
- Heart of Maguuma zones can reward Evergreen Slivers, Mordrem Slivers, Shiny Baubles and various caches of loot that are affected by magic find. Dragon's Stand offers 'champion' caches which also include Heavy Thorned Bags.
- Living World Season 3 zones all grant Unbound Magic as a repeating reward. Bloodstone Fen very rarely rewards a Blood Ruby instead.
- Crystal Desert zones reward Piles of Elonian Trade Contracts, Pieces of Unidentified Gear, Treasure Hunting Kits and Trader's Keys.
- Living World Season 4 zone rewards rotate between Volatile Magic and their zone's respective currency, e.g. Kralkatite Ore for the Domain of Istan.