From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Ore is a raw unrefined material that can be obtained through mining nodes, however it can also be obtained via salvaging items.
- Ores can be refined into ingots.
- Ore will appear on the minimap as the icon. Hovering your cursor over the icon will show the type of ore and kind of node.
Ore veins are scattered throughout all Tyria. Mining a node requires the respective gathering tool. Once a player interacts with the ore, they will enter a mining animation and receive ore every time the node is hit.
Rich Ore Veins are a special type of node. Rich Veins can be mined ten times as opposed to three and have a greater chance to give gemstones.
- Mithril is a fictional metal first appearing in J.R.R. Tolkien's fantasy writing The Lord of the Rings.
- Orichalcum is a mythological metal associated with the city of Atlantis.