Claw of the Khan-Ur
Claw of the Khan-Ur
Click to enlarge.
The emblem of Claw of the Khan-Ur as the footfalls.
The original Claw of the Khan-Ur on display.
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Strength Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
Reforged stronger with every great feat its wielder accomplished, this ancient charr relic is an amalgamation of ambitions. It has served as an apparatus of revolution, a key to power, and a symbol of stability. Build a piece of history, and its future will be in your hands.
The Claw of the Khan-Ur is an ancient charr artifact that is highly valued among the High Legions, originally the weapon of the first Khan-Ur. It is a symbol of charr unity, signifying the last time when the charr were fully united. It is an ungue, a four-bladed weapon with a central grip, having two blades above and two blades below the handle. The Claw's handle is made out of gold, with four gems set at the base of each handle; red, black, gray, and gold, for each of the children of the first Khan-Ur who founded the High Legions. It also contains a part of the original Khan-Ur.
In 1090 AE, it was wielded by the Flame Legion Imperator who laid siege to Ascalon City with the hopes that ending humanity in Ascalon would give him claim to become the new Khan-Ur. However, King Adelbern unleashed the Foefire and wiped out the assault along with his own soldiers and citizens. Adelbern, now a ghost, took the Claw of the Khan-Ur and locked it away within a vault below the Foefire's Heart.
In 1324 AE, Queen Jennah commissioned the Vigil to retrieve the Claw of the Khan-Ur in order to promote peace talks between humans and charr. The Vigil in turn hired Dougal Keane, the sole person to escape the city alive prior to then, to lead the expedition into the city to retrieve the Claw. After being retrieved, the Claw was given to Imperator Smodur the Unflinching of the Iron Legion as human part of a peace treaty. It now sits on the main table in The War Council.
Due to the Claw of the Khan-Ur having been lost for hundreds of years, it is now unknown to the populace whether the Claw holds magical power, or if it is merely a symbolic weapon that gained legends or was even imbued with magic over time.
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
- The aura of Claw of the Khan-Ur is that of a soft burst of flames around the character.
- Draw/Stow effects
- when you first draw the weapon four charr cubs will appear around your character and one above, representing the first Khan-Ur and his children. After a few seconds they disappear and your aura becomes more toned down with an orange/fiery glow, resembling less likes flames and more of a smoke or fog.
- The user leaves behind big charr-like footprints.
- Critical hits
- Landing a critical hit with Claw of the Khan-Ur will briefly display two yellow lines on the target similar to the ones that appear on the eyes of the first Khan-Ur when the weapon is drawn.
- Skill effects
- Ranged skills will throw Claw of the Khan-Ur instead of the default projectile. This effect changes the following skills:
- Spellbreaker: Throw Rock (downed skill).
- Ranger: Crippling Talon and Throw Dirt (downed skill).
- Thief: Dancing Dagger, Death Blossom's whirl finishers, Shadow Shot, projectiles acquired through Steal, and Trail of Knives.
- Necromancer: Deathly Swarm, Dhuumfire, Dark Path and Life Blast.
- Elementalist: Dragon's Claw, and Vapor Blade.
Full material list
- The following prefixes can be selected:
- Claw of the Khan-Ur was released with Living World Season 4 Episode 2, A Bug in the System.
- The book Ghosts of Ascalon explores the expedition to retrieve the Claw from Ascalon City.
- Before Guild Wars 2's release, the Claw was said to be visible within the Imperator's Core. However, it was not until A Bug in the System that a model was made for it and it could be seen in-game.
- It shares the same shape as Centurions Claw from the Hall of Monuments weapon skins, as well as the Ungues of the Oni and Ungues of the Forgotten (among others) from Guild Wars.
- The Constellation in the footfalls matches the one on the icon for Star Chart: Claw of the Khan-Ur
- The inside of the vault door to the Vault of the Khan-Ur contains a mural of this weapon.
- The Claw of the Khan-Ur bears a resemblance to the Sword of Kahless.
- ^ Chapter 8, pages 90, Ghosts of Ascalon by Matt Forbeck and Jeff Grubb:
- "More importantly," said Almorra, "the Khan-Ur was, in ancient times, the ruler of all the charr legions. Iron, Ash, Blood, and Flame. The Claw was a symbol of unity among the charr, the last time the legions were fully united. It was lost in Ascalon City."
- ^ Chapter 26, page 357, Ghosts of Ascalon by Matt Forbeck and Jeff Grubb:
- ^ a b TowerTalk LoreSpecial: Charr, Wartower.de at the Wayback Machine (archived February 8, 2018)