Click to enlarge.
Exordium is a legendary greatsword crafted in the Mystic Forge.“
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of the Stars
Unused Upgrade Slot
Unused Infusion Slot Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
This mysterious blade’s form expresses itself in unique ways based on its wielder’s need, briefly taking on a different shape when thrown, thrusted, stabbed, or slammed into a target.
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Exordium is a vibrant crystal-themed greatsword, representing a renaissance of magic and technology in the world of Tyria. It is the only legendary weapon that changes its appearance while using certain weapon skills.
- Swirls of golden light with floating crystal bits surround the swordsman's arms.
- Draw/Stow Animation
- Upon drawing the weapon, a vortex of gleaming light infused with speckles of gold and shards of crystal erupts from the greatsword and attaches itself to the character's upper limbs.
- When stowing Exordium, the swirls and shards dematerialize into air.
- The character leaves quickly dissolving vortexes of orange and blue and pieces of light on the ground.
- Skill effects
- During melee chain attacks, the blade expands before each strike, reaching its largest form on the third strike of the chain.
- Projectiles thrown from Exordium become large four-pointed stars.
- Exordium changes its shape when used with specific skills:
- Whirling Wrath and Binding Blade: The sword morphs into a double bitted axe.
- Binding Blade (pull): Large "wings" spread from the sides of the sword guard.
- Leap of Faith: The sword morphs into a hammer.
- Symbol of Wrath: Large "wings" spread from the sides of the sword guard.
- Spear of Justice: Spear transforms into a four pointed star.
- Spatial Surge: Rings appear along the length of Exordium, while golden crystals swirl around it.
- Mirror Blade: The blade splits into a four-pointed star.
- Mind Stab: Large "wings" spread from the sides of the sword guard.
- Phantasmal Berserker: Large serrated edges sprout along the one edge of the blade.
- Mirror: Large "wings" spread from the sides of the sword guard.
- Features a warping sound upon drawing and stowing the weapon.
Spatial Surge animation.
Hilt Bash animation.
Hundred Blades animation.
Death Spiral animation.
Animation while using the Volatile Magic Mining Tool
Full material list
- The following prefixes can be selected:
- Exordium, the Latin word for "beginning", is used in rhetorics.
- This weapon has been designed by Chelsea Mills, while Vincent Balmori and Artem Sorokin are responsible for its effects, i.e. footfalls, aura and weapon skill animations.
- Exordium transforms into 16 different shapes across 19 skill animations.