From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Click to enlarge.
Red and blue circuitry footfalls.
HOPE is a legendary pistol crafted in the Mystic Forge, through various materials and tasks tied to the Heart of Thorns expansion. As a culmination of Hylek alchemy, Asuran design and traditional crafting techniques, its creation will task you with learning tribal secrets and testing lost experiments throughout Tyria.“
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Stamina Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
- The arm of the user wielding the weapon becomes slightly transparent and is covered in distinct lightning similar to that surrounding the weapon when fully drawn.
- Draw/Stow effects
- Upon drawing the weapon, the user's hands will light up.
- When the pistol is drawn, luminescent colored fluid flows inside the tubes on each side of the weapon, filling them up. When full, one emits icy particles, the other fiery sparks; along the length of the barrel flow electric sparks.
- The pistol emits a sound of "powering up" when drawn, and of "shutting down" when stowed.
- The footprints alternate randomly between red and blue splattered squares, each containing patterns of circuitry, and emit lightning for a short time when created.
- Skill effects
- Projectiles are changed into pinkish-red plasma balls surrounded by icy particles which emit a dim green light.
- All projectile sounds are changed to "laser" sounds. Random shots have more muffled sounds, as if the pistol is overheating. With continuous use of the pistol, these occur at increased frequency and their sounds become progressively more distorted.
- With continuous use of the pistol, the aura around the arm will grow brighter, and then dim back to it's original state if the pistol ceases firing.
- After using a skill, the fluids are expelled and refill like when drawn.
- Engineer's Grenade Barrage's grenades and the projectiles of Throw Junk and Grappling Line will be changed to the same plasma projectiles. Additionally, the projectile from Static Shot that bounces between enemies is also replaced by the plasma projectile as opposed to a bolt of lightning.
- Thief's Trail of Knives projectile is changed to the same plasma projectile.
- Mesmer's Phantasmal Duelist shoots 3 plasma projectiles to the target, coming out of the gun going into three directions and then towards the target.
Grenade Barrage as plasma bolts.
Full material list
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Mystic Tribute||Gift of Condensed Magic x2|
|Gift of Condensed Might x2|
|Mystic Clover x77|
|Mystic Coin x250||
|Gift of HOPE||Gift of the Mists|
|Icy Runestones x100||
|Gift of the Catalyst|
|Gift of Wood|
|Gift of Maguuma Mastery||Gift of Maguuma|
|Gift of Insights|
|Crystalline Ingot x250|
- The following prefixes can be selected:
- HOPE is an acronym for Hylek Optimized Projectile Experiment.
- The red fluid in the piping is the Transcendent Energy, and the blue liquid is the Alchemical Catalyst. Both are from the HOPE IV: The Catalyst collection.
- The Barrel of the pistol appears to be the Advanced Ammunition Cylinder from the Prototype precursor.
- As with other legendary weapons, many of the Engineer skills have no visual effects when using kits.
- HOPE I: Research - the first step towards crafting the precursor, whereby you apprentice yourself to a Hylek master alchemist.
- HOPE II: Development - where you hone your crafting skills through iteration.
- HOPE III: Prototype - here you will research Asuran technologies and wild energy sources.
- HOPE IV: The Catalyst - On this final phase you will create the last 3 components for the legendary pistol: the Transcendent Energy, the Alchemical Catalyst and the Catalytic Converter.