From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
"Hope" redirects here. For the human NPC, see Hope (NPC).
- 920 – 1,080
- Req. level
- Account Bound
- Item link
- Skin link
- External links
Click to enlarge.
Red and blue circuitry footfalls.
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Stamina Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
HOPE is a legendary pistol crafted in the Mystic Forge, through various materials and tasks tied to the Heart of Thorns expansion. As a culmination of Hylek alchemy, Asuran design and traditional crafting techniques, its creation will task you with learning tribal secrets and testing lost experiments throughout Tyria.
- Legendary Choice Box (choice, discontinued)
- Legendary Coffer (choice, discontinued)
- Legendary Eternal Coffer (choice, discontinued)
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
- The arm of the user wielding the weapon becomes slightly transparent and is covered in distinct lightning similar to that surrounding the weapon when fully drawn.
- Draw/Stow effects
- Upon drawing the weapon, the user's hands will light up.
- When the pistol is drawn, luminescent colored fluid flows inside the tubes on each side of the weapon, filling them up. When full, one emits icy particles, the other fiery sparks; along the length of the barrel flow electric sparks.
- The pistol emits a sound of "powering up" when drawn, and of "shutting down" when stowed.
- The footprints alternate randomly between red and blue splattered squares, each containing patterns of circuitry, and emit lightning for a short time when created.
- Skill effects
- All projectile sounds are changed to "laser" sounds. Random shots have more muffled sounds, as if the pistol is overheating. With continuous use of the pistol, these occur at increased frequency and their sounds become progressively more distorted.
- With continuous use of the pistol, the aura around the arm will grow brighter, and then dim back to its original state if the pistol ceases firing.
- After using a skill, the fluids are expelled and refill like when drawn.
- Projectiles are changed into pinkish-red plasma balls surrounded by icy particles which emit a dim green light. This effect changes the following skills:
- Engineer: Fragmentation Shot, Poison Dart Volley, Static Shot, Grenade Barrage, Grappling Line (downed skill), Throw Junk (downed skill), and the projectiles from Static Shot that bounce between enemies
- Mesmer: Magic Bullet and Phantasmal Duelist
- Thief: Vital Shot, Sneak Attack, Bola Shot, Repeater, Shadow Strike, Unload, Head Shot, Black Powder, and Trail of Knives (downed skill)
Grenade Barrage as plasma bolts.
Full material list
- The following prefixes can be selected:
- It is recommended that you do not attempt to stat change your precursor item with the standard stat swap recipe in the Mystic Forge. While you will be provided with an item with the desired stats, it will have been replaced with a generic ascended item that cannot be used as a legendary precursor.
- HOPE is an acronym for Hylek Optimized Projectile Experiment.
- The red fluid in the piping is the Transcendent Energy, and the blue liquid is the Alchemical Catalyst. Both are from the HOPE IV: The Catalyst collection.
- The Barrel of the pistol appears to be the Advanced Ammunition Cylinder from the Prototype precursor.
- As with other legendary weapons, many of the Engineer skills have no visual effects when using kits.
- HOPE I: Research - the first step towards crafting the precursor, whereby you apprentice yourself to a Hylek master alchemist.
- HOPE II: Development - where you hone your crafting skills through iteration.
- HOPE III: Prototype - here you will research Asuran technologies and wild energy sources.
- HOPE IV: The Catalyst - On this final phase you will create the last 3 components for the legendary pistol: the Transcendent Energy, the Alchemical Catalyst and the Catalytic Converter.