Click to enlarge.
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Ice Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
Astralaria is an iridescent axe that features the effects of stars and constellations in the night sky seeping into the world, a rotating armillary and a sextant with a moving arm on the pommel.
- The bit (or blade) of Astralaria, similar to Twilight & Sunrise, is a window into the cosmos.
- Like the aforementioned Legendaries, the bit also leaves a trail when swung.
- The constellations shown on the bit look as if they're seeping out into our world.
- The centerpiece is an armillary that glows in a multitude of colors and rotates.
- The pommel is a sextant, that has a moving counterweight that moves along a gear track. You can hear the sound of the weight as it moves.
- The axe has a unique sound effect when swinging with it.
- Draw/Stow Effects
- Upon being drawn, the axe emits a subtle tone, (intentionally) similar to skill sounds of the Celestial Avatar. This is accompanied by a burst of blue light that emanates from the character, followed by large, nested, rotating golden rings that are an exact replica of the armature of the armillary, and which will surround the character momentarily.
- Whenever the axe is drawn and held, any arm holding it becomes imbued with the same cosmic background effect as the one on the axe bit, from the hand up to just under the shoulder, and this effect bleeds out into the surrounding air, diffusing out over the nearest several centimeters, particularly near the area of the hand. Additionally, the wrist receives a persistent, embedded replica of the armillary's armature, much like the one displayed momentarily around the character's body at the moment of drawing the axe, and which appears as an ephemeral set of nested, rotating, glowing golden rings. These rings and their glow overlay the arm's cosmic effect.
- When stowing the axe, a tone is played, like that of a device shutting down, as the armillary and the sextant stop moving when stowed.
Astralaria's footfall effect is a white ring, followed by a light blue cloud and underneath is the cosmic effect of the axe on the ground.
- Skill effects
- Default class weapon trails are replaced with cosmic trails.
- Ranged skills will throw Astralaria instead of the default projectile. This effect changes the following skills:
- Warrior: Throw Axe, and Throw Rock (downed skill).
- Revenant: Essence Sap (downed skill) and Frigid Blitz.
- Ranger: Path of Scars, Ricochet, Splitblade, Throw Dirt (downed skill), and Winter's Bite.
- Necromancer: Dhuumfire, Dark Path and Life Blast.
- Mirage: Phantasmal axes thrown by Imaginary Axes and the Mirrored Axes trait.
- Kill animations
- Default damage type is Ice.
- Enemies killed by Astralaria will display chilled death animations.
Full material list
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Mystic Tribute||2 Gifts of Condensed Magic|
|2 Gifts of Condensed Might|
|77 Mystic Clovers|
|250 Mystic Coins||
|Gift of Astralaria||Gift of the Mists|
|100 Icy Runestones||
|Gift of the Cosmos|
|Gift of Metal|
|Gift of Maguuma Mastery||Gift of Maguuma|
|Gift of Insights|
|250 Crystalline Ingots|
- The following prefixes can be selected:
- It is recommended that you do not attempt to stat change your precursor item with the standard stat swap recipe in the Mystic Forge. While you will be provided with an item with the desired stats, it will have been replaced with a generic ascended item that cannot be used as a legendary precursor.
- You cannot use Gift of Desert Mastery to craft Astralaria.
- Astralis is a Latin adjective meaning "of the stars".
- Aria is an Italian noun and in music, it denotes a composed melody or tune to be performed as a solo centerpiece of a movement.
- Hence Astral-aria means "Song/music of the stars"
- This weapon was named after The Astralarium, which first appeared in Guild Wars Nightfall.
- The constellations on both the swing effect and on the user's arm when the weapon is drawn are nearly identical to the constellations embedded within the background of the cogs that comprise the building's entrance façade at The Vaults in Lion's Arch.
- Astralaria I: The Device - the first step towards crafting the precursor.
- Astralaria II: The Apparatus
- Astralaria III: The Mechanism
- Astralaria IV: The Cosmos