Click to enlarge.
The Predator is a legendary rifle crafted in the Mystic Forge.“
- This item allows selection of stats. See below for a list of available prefixes.
Superior Sigil of Force
Unused Upgrade Slot
Unused Infusion Slot Unused Infusion Slot
— In-game description
- Mystic Forge
- Output qty.
The Predator is a fiery sniper-rifle-esque rifle skin with a charr head that breathes fire when drawn.
- The user's body is surrounded by a fiery red glow.
- The user leaves behind explosive footprints.
- Skill effects
- Attacks cause a burst of fire at the end of the rifle's barrel, a belch of flame from the charr head, and are accompanied by a sci-fi energy weapon sound.
- Default projectiles are replaced with glowing red projectiles. This effect changes the following skills:
- Engineer: Hip Shot, Jump Shot, Throw Junk (downed skill), and Grenade Barrage, which is also accompanied by a sci-fi "whoosh" sound as the grenades fly through the air
- Deadeye: Brutal Aim. Deadly Aim, Cursed Bullet, Skirmisher's Shot, Spotter's Shot, Double Tap, Three Round Burst, Death's Judgment, and Trail of Knives (downed skill)
- Warrior: Kill Shot, Fierce Shot, Aimed Shot, Volley, Brutal Shot, and Throw Rock (downed skill)
- Berserker: Gun Flame
Grenade Barrage as fireballs.
Full material list
|Required item||Primary ingredients||Component materials|
|Gift of Mastery||Bloodstone Shard||
|Obsidian Shard x250|
|Gift of Exploration|
|Gift of Battle|
|Gift of Fortune||Glob of Ectoplasm x250|
|Mystic Clover x77|
|Gift of Magic|
|Gift of Might|
|Gift of The Predator 2||Icy Runestones x100||
|Superior Sigil of Force|
|Gift of Wood 3|
|Gift of Stealth 3|
|The Hunter 2||
- 1 Obsidian Shards are bought in multiples of three, costing three Laurels each. You would end up purchasing a total of 252 shards.
- 2 This item varies with each legendary.
- 3 These two Gifts change with each Legendary and require you to have characters that have mastered the respective crafting disciplines. The finished Gifts are Account Bound, which allows you to craft them on different characters.
- 4 Chance to get a precursor varies with rarity and level. 
- 5 There is an additional 96 charge for each Shard bought from the Priory Historian (Bandit Crest Collector)
The following prefixes can be selected:
- Prior to 28th Jan 2013, Predator's projectiles were purple instead of red.
- The Predator I: The Experimental Rifle - creating the first tier of the precursor, The Hunter Experiment.
- The Predator II: The Perfected Rifle - obtaining the second tier of the precursor, Perfected Rifle.
- The Predator III: The Hunter - the final collection needed to be able to craft the precursor, The Hunter.